Skip to content

League One Season Tickets 24/25

Comments

• Exactly. I'm in the former category and the operation, planned with military precision, to get to go to the recent Charlton game was absolutely absurd, and completely unrealistic on a regular basis.

We had to to it as a one off to be there for JJ but I can't see it happening again.

Similarly, moving to a night-time kick off means we're ruling out kids for whom that is too late.

Never mind though, sky are paying us and we seem to have plenty of middle aged blokes willing to sit in the family stand to use up the seats

• edited May 9

It'd surely have an effect, but the big question is how much of one?

Huge amounts of people know how to watch a game at 3pm or at any time as it stands now.

I'd also like to know the impact on our crowds of having our own games available by VPN. Our club even champion that at times, yes mostly for away games, but many use it for the homes too, fans who used to go to games physically.

• I don't believe there's any meaningful overlap between people who go to Adams Park on a Saturday and people who'd stay in to watch Fulham vs Bournemouth (they wouldn't show big games in that slot).

• Why wouldn’t there be an overlap?

• M3GM3G
    edited May 9

You should also take note that it might not be beneficial to purchase a season ticket in the future. I already can't and don't do evening games due to Living in Yorkshire. More early kicks offs wouldn't appeal to me in the slightest.

• Anyone who really wants to watch a mid-table game that badly is already doing it via a VPN or some other means.

• I don't agree - I have watched plenty of football because it is just there and in front of me that I otherwise wouldn't seek out. If more football is just there and easy to watch, then people may well stay in and watch it - especially in winter when the weather is a bit grimmer and it's much nicer indoors!

• I think there’s less of an overlap between people who attend Adams Park and people who use a VPN

• To be fair, if a bunch more games are going to be moved from 3pm anyway, it's probably not very relevant.

• I don't agree that everybody wanting to watch football is prepared to cheat Sky out of their due money.

But setting that aside -because it's a different debate - your view does beg the question "Why did they impose a 3pm Saturday TV blackout?"

I certainly don't believe that it's imposed to stop fans watching Fleetwood v Wycombe on TV rather than going to watch West Ham v Wolves. Flip that and think what might happen on a wretched late January afternoon if you've already got Sky?

"Bugger going to Fleetwood, I'll just sit here and watch West Ham instead".

• They wont do it in season 1.

By season 3, why not show Man Utd Liverpool at 3pm?

• This sort of thinking is what worries me, as a matchday mate is in the same boat - it was already a bit borderline with how many midweek homes we had last year, as they're out of the question for him.

• Exactly this. Once the 3pm thing is bust why on earth would anyone trust the tv companies to not do whatever they fancied with that slot?

• Because that's not a prime-time slot, in the UK or most of the world.

• I wonder when the season ticket prices will be released?

• edited May 9

How does this subscription thing actual work?

Say it's £300 a year for a season ticket, you split £300 by 12 months and pay £25 every month. You can't cancel for the first year, so can't get a cheaper deal.

What happens when it renews into year 2?

Can you cancel now, and thus you've paid £25 for 9 months so in effect are getting your season ticket £75 cheaper?

Can't work like that...can it?

If it did, it'd mean that once every 2 seasons you could trim a decent wad off?

• I’ll be contacting the club before the end of this month to bin off my season ticket off after 20 years.

Managed 16 home games this season so close enough to breaking even, but there’s no chance with this deal.

There’ll be at least another 3 that I can’t make, so no point unless the club pulls a rabbit out of the hat somehow.

Very odd that we still have no season ticket pricing for next season. I heard they were going up, but maybe the new owners are working on something different.

• You have to remember that the subscription model has pretty much put a nail in the lid of the 'when will my Season Ticket arrive' debates that used to fill around three weeks of dead time on here during the close season, so its only fair for them to offer a new variation on the theme as 'when will i be able to afford/buy my Season Ticket'.

I actually like the subscription system as I don't have to think about how much it is actually costing me, but I am uncomfortably aware that as it is just me from my family it is relatively insignificant compared to anyone who has family to bring along.

• Now that's a pretty good deal... Good on them !

• edited May 9

The new owner could make all the tickets for every game free and this would cost him about 3 days worth of interest payments on his fortune. But I assume

a) It's against FA regulations to do this

b)

I didn't get where I am today by making football matches free to all.

• You'll be suggesting next that certain clubs in the Premier league buy up loads of tickets for fans that don't exist, which is why there are always tonnes of empties on display yet sell outs claimed.

• I've read a lot of the comments, and apparently they do it to fill the stadium out. Exactly how it should be, clubs should follow suit, more people = more people spending in club shops, bars, food etc. Make the money up that way

• edited May 9

I’m not sure I agree with attendances struggling to improve on the whole.

22/23 saw our highest average attendance since the year after the FA Cup run.

There was a noted decline this season due to a very poor first half of the season, several key games being rearranged due to internationals (costing us a full away end) coupled with higher prices.

We played Bolton, Wigan and Derby at home midweek. Bolton only brought 750.

Before then (excluding Covid) we had 5 consecutive years of increases.

• I think football is broken generally. Wycombe not amazing value but not outrageous either.

I note that Braintree Town are asking just £2 less than we did for a basic season ticket for their National League relegation battle next season. Still messing around with cheques too, I've not used one in 20 years.

Strange why the club are dragging their heels though, I expect it's the takeover.

• I think that's slightly more than I pay for a terrace season ticket, @Hopping_Wanderer: £342.

• I listened to an NTT20 explanation of the new deal and it essentially boils down to 3 or 4 games being moved for each L1 L2 club per season, and the vast majority of those will be to Saturday 12.30. A bit annoying perhaps but the way the headlines have portrayed it, it is as if every other game will be moved, which just isn’t the case

• If that’s actually the case then it’d be a good idea if the EFL / Sky / WWFC spelled it out, as amongst our group of 12 season ticket holders, 5 are not renewing.

• This from Sky's website Which I found encouraging - at least to the extent that games won't be a random kick-off times...

Which games will be live on Sky?

Each full weekend of EFL fixtures will see 10 live matches shown - including three Championship, two League One and two League Two matches all broadcast live at 12:30pm on Saturdays.

All opening weekend, final day, and midweek fixtures in the EFL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.