Skip to content

Mikheil Lomtadze confirmed as one of three new directors

Comments

• Oddly, I remember foul throws being penalised a lot at park level. Often wrongly I thought.

• edited May 6

Most of the bad habits come down from the top. The Prem & EFL level officials don't bother as the 'drop zone' is more important, this is then filtered down through assessors & experience.

I once had an assessment where I flagged for 3 foul throws in the 1st half (each time the player's back foot was off the floor). The assessor & referee read me the riot-act because I was being too busy, making the referee look bad & not letting the game flow.

At kids football, foul throws are easy to spot and act on but when the hormones kick in (U14 +) and with adult park football, some players just go onto the pitch to take a cheap shot whenever they can. With that unknown element, your attention needs to be elsewhere.

• The foul throw law is absolute nonsense. No advantage to be gained - from a situation where your team is already effectively a man down.

• Ie ground improvements Ed. You obviously didn't notice the new floodlights, the rolling boards going around the pitch, the sound system, the Internet , the screen in the corner showing information and replays. If you are going to criticise at least get the facts right.

• My take/understanding is as follows based on what is publicly available

Lomtadze has purchased the 90% stake in the club that Feliciana held, so as it stands the Trust still hold their 10%. The Couhigs had loaded some of the debt into Feliciana & some into the club, the former will be for the Couhigs to deal with from the sale proceeds, the latter sits with the club & therefore now is Blue Ocean's responsibility to service & repay. I suspect he will look to repay external debt and replace it with loans from himself/Blue Ocean, but I too would like this confirmed asap.

Whilst Lomtadze/Blue Ocean Partners II could change the contract between the trust & the club regarding cash calls, the waiver of which was clearly part of the share purchase agreement, he will need to negotiate that with the Trust.

I agree that there needs to be clarity around the corporate structure below Blue Ocean and how this will operate especially with regard to professional/scholar/academy players & their registration as well as whether the women's club is incorporated into & benefit from being part of the group.

The lease was confirmed by both the Couhigs & the Trust to be a "full repairing" commercial lease so the responsibility for repairs sits with the tenant & it is therefore the role of the Trust to pursue these repairs to ensure there is no detriment to their/our asset. I doubt there is any mileage in trying to amend the lease as this will have been one of the things that made it an attractive purchase, alongside geographical location & us consistently punching above our weight.

• I've said it before, those floodlights and advertising boards HAD to be done for the championship, had we not got promoted they probably would never have got done, facts, as you say

• The LED ad boards are nothing special anyway - there are National League clubs who have them.

• Conical shapes are difficult to get any purchase on.

• Ive been working on this:

LLMs, Transformers, and a shit load of Nvida chips in a box shake it up a bit and bum tiddly um pum AGI

• My wife has been involved with a lot of AI stuff in the last 12 months. She says it's overhyped at the moment and ChatGPT is basically asking Google to Google stuff for you.

BUT...it's early days and eventually it will destroy humanity by making all young men stay at home with their online 'girlfriends'.

Lomtadze's teenage cyber forwards are a long way off.

• Just because they had to be done, doesn't mean that they weren't. Truth is that without the original investment from the Coughs, via Feliciana, we were going to go backwards very quickly.

• And why did we get to the Championship? Because the Couhigs invested in the team. Do you not remember that we only had eight players in July.

• edited May 6

As a ref, I think the shout of ‘mine’ was clarified as not a free kick if the ball was obviously falling to the player who called it…i.e. no danger of putting off an opponent.

The shout of ‘leave it’ is an indirect free kick if designed to put off an opponent.

My brother insists we saw Bobby Charlton score a headed goal for Man U from a corner at St James Park by shouting ‘Leave it Bobby!’ and thus putting off Bobby Moncur who was playing for Newcastle United that day. Bobby Charlton being a Geordie helped with the appropriate accent. That would be in about 1970.

• Does anyone know what's going on with Reading? I can barely find any takeover coverage in the press over the last month. I have a feeling the deal for the training ground might still very much be on the cards.

• Their takeover seems to be edging closer to completion.

The potential buyers (Chiron sports group) have been funding the club with secured loans again Bearwood and lately the football club itself.

I don’t imagine that the current incumbent can wriggle out of it unless a third party comes quickly with a great wad of cash.

• Apparently the national animal of Georgia is a wolf. New mascot?

• He's bought the club to improve football in Kazakhstan so their national animal would be more appropriate.

That would be a golden eagle. Which looks a bit like a swan if you squint.

• From everything I've read, he is Kazakh, just Georgian born. Kazakhstan's national animal is a golden eagle, so combine the two and we have a pretty terrifying duo!

• Unconfirmed reports Lomtadze pulled out of buying Crystal Palace when he discovered their eagle was dead.

• Are we going to become like Koln (or Wimbledon) and get a live animal as a mascot?

• A partridge

• One of our gang has already got a book out.....

• Hereford style and wander a bull around the pitch pre match.

• How did I not know about this?! Let's get a bull.

• PBoPBo
    edited May 7

This may well have been posted already - couldn’t be arsed to trawl through 12 pages of posts, but did at least search on “EPPP” and found this old thread:

https://gasroom.org/discussion/comment/127780

So it seems that if we have any genuinely promising prospect in a Wycombe academy, they risk getting snaffled for pennies by a bigger club - unless they are outside of a certain travel radius of the predator buyer.

Does having an academy in Kazakhstan also enable us to cheat the system and tell EPL clubs trying to steal our players, “sorry, they’re registered 6000 miles away, you can’t have them”?

As in, even the players in the Wycombe academy would be registered elsewhere.

• If this was a legit loophole you'd feel any large championship club would already be doing it?

• I always keep a gentle eye out on Hereford as found myself at one of their games on the first day of the 95/96 season.

A mad game, where Maik Taylor who went onto play in the premier league made his debut for Barnet. A miserable one, losing 4-1 and conceding direct from the other goalie!

I've only been back to Hereford once since, a couple of summers ago. Thought I'd pop into the club shop, overlooking that a now non league club wouldn't have full time staffing of a tiny club shop midweek!