Skip to content

Local Teams Football

Comments

• That takes Jake Tabor to 71 goals from 41 matches, with 25 assists. League only it's 61 from 35, with 23 assists, out of Amersham's total of 148 goals. Last week I heard an interview with Amersham manager, Stuart Atkins, who said Tabor has a target of 76 goals. With two league matches remaining, plus potentially three in the league cup, 80 goals must be on,

• It appears he had at least one trial game with us, and he is still at Amersham, so we will probably never know. I wonder if Chesham will make an offer, he has one year left on his contract, but step 6 to step 2 is still a big leap.

I've only seen him play once, reminded me a bit of Tony Horseman, unassuming, in the right place at the right time and a deadly finisher. His 17 yellow cards this season is very un-Bodger like!

• You'd think somewhere like Chesham would be the obvious step up for him, and if he can do it there, teams will definitely start looking at him.

• Burnham do their play-off hopes the world of good - and Chalfont a favour - by beating Wokingham and Emmbrook 4-0.

• A priceless win this evening for Holmer Green over bottom dwellers Bagshot. They still have a lot to do to climb above the line though.

Disaster for Chalfont who fell to a 2-0 defeat to North Greenford United. That result leaves them in the only relegation spot and staring down the barrel.

• Went to watch Chesham FC today, was great to park with ease, a short stroll to the ground. Pre-game saw the club juniors having a kick about on the pitch as the first team were warming up. Saw a lot of families clearly enjoying the day. No doubt helped by Chesham’s pricing policy for children and teenagers. The pressures of the day were off as Chesham were already league champions. Problem was that Bracknell Town were on the fringe of the play off places and deserved to win 2-1. First come first served was the order of the day for getting the available seating. A couple of bars were serving beers in plastic glasses ( ? ) to be consumed anywhere you like. Wife and I had a good afternoon out. Food looked tasty and plentiful. No corporate activities at ludicrous prices exist preventing fan access to bars etc. A very good ‘ match day experience ‘. I was reminded that football at this level has a lot to offer in the grand scheme of things. Great to meet club staff passionate about what they do within the club rightly proud of Chesham’s achievement this season.

• Chesham is a great place to watch football and though they’ve (understandably) eased off in recent weeks I hope they can make a good go of it in the NLS. I used to work with their club treasurer, cracking club.

And hats off to Flackwell, who are on the brink of promotion following a 3-1 win today. Over 600 at Wilks Park (admittedly free entry) which is a stonking attendance for what is, with all due respect, a village-based side playing at Step 5.

• Agreed with almost all of that although I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say Bracknell deserved to win. Chesham were dominant first half and only a succession of top class saves from the Bracknell keeper stopped them going it at half time 3 or 4 down.

To be fair Bracknell shaded the second half but I'd say a draw would have been a fair result

• Flackwell secure the league title following a 4-0 win at Hilltop, while Rayners Lane go down 2-1 at North Greenford. Well done Heathens! Now go easy on Chalfont on the final day to keep a fellow Bucks club up.

• Beaconsfield play Plymouth Parkway in a relegation decider on Saturday

Two of below go down from

Hanwell 48pts (GD-5)

Parkway 47 (GD -8)

Beaconsfield 47 (GD -15)

Swindon 46 (IGD -22)

Hayes 45 (GD -8)

If Swindon and old rivals Hayes then my maths says both Beaconsfield and Parkway need a win to stay up (unless Hanwell suffer a four goal defeat i which case a draw reprieves Parkway.

3pm kick off so just about get to able from AP post game.

• Are you alright Dev, those last 2 sentences are a difficult read.

• Beaconsfield's "game of death" is probably the most interesting of the local games this Saturday. Shame they can't push the kick-off back :D. Parkway have already played twice in midweek and 10 games so far in April so hopefully they'll be knackered.

• Obviously been a while since you've tried to get away from Adams Park after a game!

• Beaconsfield have been relegated from the Southern Prem South on goal difference following their 1-1 draw at home to Plymouth Parkway. That’s a real sickener as until recent weeks it had looked like they’d steer clear of trouble. Tables can be deceptive when teams have lots of games to make up so kudos to Plymouth for pulling it back and just doing enough.

Chalfont are down too following their 1-1 draw with Flackwell on the final day. They’ve played all their games and can’t catch Hilltop. I assume they’ll get sent to the Div 1 of the Combined Counties, which will be a real pig to get out of.

• Two north Bucks teams are in the Spartan play-off semis this week.

In the Premier Division, MK Irish host FC Romania on Wednesday evening, winners to play Harpenden Town or Leverstock Green in the final.

In Division One, Winslow United are at home to Moulton on Tuesday evening. Winslow beat Buckingham 4-0 at home yesterday, to move into third place above Moulton, and gain home advantage in the semi-final. Winers will play Northampton Sileby Rangers or Wellingborough Whitworth in the final.

• Amersham Town completed their league programme with a 3-1 win at London Samurai Rovers, to finish on 111 points, goals for 155, goals against 48. Jake Tabor scored one to take him to his personal target of 76 goals, from 44 games, The Magpies still have to play in the quarter-final of the Division One Challenge Cup, so potentially another three games.

• At least they might still have some local games against Penn & Holmer Green (if they survive). However, it looks like their travelling will increase

• It’s an absolute shame for the club to get relegated as they have a wonderful set up and people who work very hard to keep it going. Beaconsfield has never been a footballing town for the majority despite bringing through some amazing local players a few decades back. The club have always struggled to get support from the town.

I think the writing was on the wall when they let Nathan Minhas go to Slough Town a few seasons back. Nathan’s scoring record at that level was worth 9/10 points per season.

I wish them all the best and I will continue to pop along to see them when we haven’t got a game or I can’t get to our away games.

• Marlow will be at home to Westfield on Wednesday evening, in the Isthmian South Central play-off semi-final. Following the abandonment of the Southall v Chipstead match at half-time yesterday, it wasn't clear if they would be playing Southall or Westfield.

A Chipstead player was racially abused by a spectator and the team refused to continue playing. Southall were leading 2-0. In a meeting this morning, the Isthmian League awarded Southall three points, to take them above Westfield on goal difference.

• And Hilltop came through, sadly at Chalfont St Peter’s expense.

• With all due respect to Penn and HG, Beaconsfield won't be going that far down. I imagine they'll go into the Southern Prem Div 1 Central, which might actually decrease some of their travel compared to having some punishing aways in the south-west. As mentioned above, a real shame for the Rams. They've put a lot into their facilities, which are excellent for the level, and while artificial pitches aren't everyone's cup of tea, theirs has become a real community asset. They were also starting to get healthy-ish three figure crowds. Hopefully they'll bounce back quickly.

• I believe Penn play with Tylers Green not Holmer Green.

The teams dropping out of the Southern Premier South were quite easterly geographically. With the Div1 South and West already being short of numbers, I suspect the geographical distribution of the South and West may move east next season with some reallocations. Cirencester look likely to switch but between Didcot, Aylesbury and Beaconsfield who else moves over with the FA's weird misconception that Berks and Bucks are somewhere in the west country possibly counting against the latter two. Could well be as many as three West Cornwall sides in that division next year so some long trips. Perhaps worth Beaconsfield forking out to buy the FA a map?

• Ah, d'oh! Yes, at least Chalfont will possibly get some local derbies against Penn and HG (hopefully) but it's not a complete given that they'll continue within the Combined Counties structure.

• That thought did cross my mind. Pray for Beaconsfield that they don't get put in the South & West.

• edited April 29

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my message. My comments were aimed at Chalfont, not Beaconsfield.

• If Beaconsfield go into Southern Div 1Central, they might get some closer games. They will have Kings Langley, Kidlington, North Leigh, Aylesbury United (Chesham) & Leighton Town that are all within an hour's drive, and they shouldn't get any long drives down to Plymouth, Poole or Methyr Town (even worse if it's a Tuesday night!). However, they could also be placed into the Isthmian League - South Central Division which has Binfield, Ascot & Bagshot Lea so who knows! For clubs like this, it is a complete lottery over where they will be!

Another "local" team that's struggled this season is Thame Utd. Their first season without Mark West & co and they have been relegated. They will prob go into the Combined Counties which will bring Mark West (and several players) back to Thame for the first time.

• Mark West no longer at Risborough.

• Sorry @DevC I had no idea that this had happened, but what a weird situation. There for 13 games, brings all half the squad from North Leigh and then up's and leaves at the end of the season.

To be fair, I think the officials on that league will be celebrating, Westy was a complete tool on the touchline (similar to Neil Warnock)