Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Derby

123457»

Comments

• I don’t really get the hype about Dale Taylor, he doesn’t really make enough impact for me. 5 league goals in 37 appearances isn’t anything to write home about.

Kodua is worth getting back next season, he’s definitely got something.

I’ve been impressed by Lubala and Kone but surely if we’re going to challenge next season we need to get a 15/20 goal a season striker in

• edited April 12

Yeah, get Alfie May to move to a better club, away from the city smoke.

There’s a lot more to Taylor’s game than scoring goals. I’m not certain but I think that stunning effort at Wembley brought his tally up to 6. Not sure too many of our players have exceeded that this season. And don’t forget he only turned 20 in December. On my wife’s birthday in fact so I’m probably biased!

• I have been on both sides with him, though it is worth remembering he is our second top scorer - first without penalties - so perhaps there is a general struggle for goal creation that has impacted all of the forwards.

I definitely agree on Kodua, and also feel he is the most likely to come back too. We have a good relationship with West Ham now, he will be familiar with us, he fills an area of need, and we are probably the right level for him.

• I'd love to see both Taylor and Kodua back next season. They provide us with the youthfulness, movement and energy in the final third that we have been lacking for a number of seasons. While Taylor's stats don't look amazing for a striker this season, I bet their more of a positive reading than Vokes'! Taylor's willingness to run and track back, get involved with play and willing to play in positions that are new to him prove that he's an out-and-out team player. Give it a few years here, he could turn into a Wheeler type player who can do a job for us across the front line. Plus the friendship that we have seen in interviews that he has with Leahy and other players has really helped him and his development.

• edited April 12

Especially unfair to judge Taylor on those numbers when he's played a large part of the season not as a centre-forward. I keep forgetting how young he is too - he looks about my age!

• There's absolutely zero chance with Potts, he's destined for the prem. But I don't feel the same impossibility with Longwjk.

We will see though. Relaxed either way - new summer, new signings. Ideally ones we own, unless they'll make a real long term season impact to the cause.

• In my opinion, Potts has a way to go before being a regular Premier League player.

• Just found out that Taylor still has another year on his contract ☹️

• You’ve blotted out his sixth goal @Otter87 !!