Skip to content

EFL TROPHY FINAL

1333435363739»

Comments

• Technically speaking at least two Wycombe fans were present. Though I guess Covid lockdowns were an entirely forgettable non-event that would pass by even a clued-up journalist, an easy mistake to make.

• Just read Sam Vokes interview with Sky, he comes across so well, and sounds like he's still loving being at the club.

• https://gasroom.org/discussion/8648/bloomfield-out/p1

11 weeks ago it was 55/45 that Bloomfield had to go. And now he's at Wembley. If they have the same DJ as last time who played a lot of Fatboy Slim then he really ought to play Praise You.

We've come a long, long way together

Through the hard times and the good

I have to celebrate you, Bloomsfield

I have to praise you like I should

• Sounds like you heard (rather than read) the interview. Sam Vokes is a mature, intelligent and thoroughly likeable person. He has every reason to love being at the club.

I avoided the temptation to make a reference to the Titanic.

• Will the bedwetters who were crying about wanting him out have a bit more decorum next time we go through a tricky spell?

You'd like to think so but I imagine we all know the answer

• Today is not really the day to pick arguments but calling Gasroom posters bedwetters for having a different opinion to others is kind of symptomatic of all that is wrong in the world.

Have a great day everyone.

• I hope we can get our act together with a few wind up chants……

as we go 3-0 up ‘“Swanny Swanny what’s the score?”

or as we sneak a late winner after a goalless bore draw “1.74 to The Wanderers”

• Hope everyone has a great day today!

Can’t wait - Only my fourth ever EFL trophy game and first one for 10 plus years, but something really special about a Wembley trip and hoping for some fantastic memories to be made!

• My second ever. Bandwagoners r us!

• Can everyone hurry up 😂

Place is crawling with Peterborough fans

• I have done two trophy finals, both won. also a play off final, won. Wife then got interested so has been to two play off finals, both lost. If we lose this final she will be banned from watching the club at Wembley for ever. We will win so the ban will never be implemented. I am confident but the nervous tension is rising as the hours go by. That’s football. Have a great day everyone.

• To me the key today is how we cope with JCH early in the game. He is a tremendous striker at this level but (IMHO) has not progressed higher up the league as he has a terrible sulk in his locker. Give him chances early doors and he will swagger all over the park and infect Posh with confidence and they have others like Jade Jones who are also match winners. Conversely smother him, frustrate him, stop him getting a sniff and he sulks, moans, complains that the world is against him and similarly that infects.

Who gets this job today is the key. Joe Low? Taff? Lonwijk?

• There's a difference between having a different opinion, even wanting him gone, and some of the vitriol Blooms was given very early into his reign. Full credit to him though, he's turned the form around, brought some good players in and many would have jumped at the chance of mid table and a Wembley appearance at the start of the season (Definitely would have at half time in the first game of the season)

Let's grab a win in style or spawny and give the "posh" something else to moan about.

• edited April 7

As it happens, the article tells you naff all and is missing an apostrophe in each of the first two paragraphs. Appalling stuff, it really is, so I wouldn't worry too much that they haven't made a fuss about the final. https://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/24236498.wycombe-wanderers-vs-peterborough-wembley-final-today/

• The Bucks Free Press - from someone who works all over England take it from me the Bucks Free Press is the absolute worst local paper I've seen. And to think back in the 80s or early 90s it was a proper paper and generally very satisfactory.

Now none of the regular staff seem to have even a basic grasp.of English and have spelling so poor you'd think in the days of spellcheck it would be impossible to be that bad.

Weren't you once expected to be at least vaguely good at English before being taken on by a newspaper?

Now no more than an ability to nick articles off social media seems to be all that's required.

• It's a vicious circle though. As the quality of the paper deteriorates less people buy it, leading to loss of income to employ competent journalists. Inevitably unless this circle can be cracked the paper will die.

• Periodic reminder that the BFP ceased being a newspaper the day Newsquest bought it. It’s simply a data harvesting honeytrap, Newsquest are data brokers.

• https://twitter.com/wwfcofficial/status/1777415251027194360?t=8J-T6NA6-anTart0ub41pg&s=19

• Next season I hope MB has the pitch returned to its original dimensions. I think his preferred style would benefit from it.

• edited April 10

With a 3m run off required around the pitch I don’t think the touchline can be moved much closer to the team benches , so any width increase would need to be on FA side.

looking at the pitch on the stream tonight, I reckon maybe only a metre could be gained. Would that realistically make much difference?

think the length could be increased by 3 or 4 metres though

• I’d say there’s somewhere between two and three metres going spare on the Frank Adams side.

• edited April 10

is that still leaving a 3m runoff area?

I was sad enough to count 5 steps for players taking long throws tonight to think there’s only about 4m there at present

• EFL regs say the shortest distance between touch-line and pitch perimeter is ‘ideally 2.75 metres but no less that 2.25 metres’.

Looking at old pics, I reckon it’s come in by about 1.5 metres.