Skip to content

Local Teams Football

Comments

• Would hate to play for Ryanair FC, half the kit would probably be missing. Not to mention the manager collecting extra subs at half time.

• edited February 25

Lets just hope that Boeing don't have a team..... They'll either have parts of their defence that will be missing and fall apart or get their pre-match tactics all wrong which won't allow them to play

• But they play 7-4-7 formation, so probably solid defensively and quite probably score a few too.

• I thought the latest Boeing were playing 7-7-7, so the opposition have difficulty in finding space.

• Huge win that for Flackwell, I thought their proverbial goose was cooked when they lost to RL in the reverse fixture.

A very sad week for Chalfont St Peter with their former striker Charlie Strutton passing away at just 34. I think he earnt a move to AFC Wimbledon and got loaned to Maidenhead and I’d stopped following his progress after that. He was a bull like old fashioned centre forward and very much once a big part of Danny Edward’s overachievers. RIP.

• A couple of very good wins, yesterday, for our local teams in Combined Counties relegation scraps.

In Division One, Holmer Green had a 2-1 home win against second placed British Airways, a team who had won 11 and drawn one of their last 12. After nine consecutive defeats, Holmer have taken six points out of nine now, and only lost 2-1 to promotion chasing Yateley, so the fightback is on. They are three points from safety, more like four with their poor goal difference, and the only team they can realistically catch, London Colney, have four games in hand.

That defeat for BA, and a defeat for third placed Berks County, means that Amersham Town, 3-0 winners at Oxhey Jets (no Tabor goals!), have a 17 point lead at the top.

In Premier North, Chalfont St Peter won 1-0 at a resurgent Risborough Rangers, to move four points clear of the sole relegation spot. After 10 consecutive defeats, that is now two clean sheets in a row, after a draw against third placed Bedfont, so the Saints are also on the march upwards. I have always felt that Chalfont St Peter are one of the overlooked teams in Bucks, and I have always had a soft spot for them, as they were the opponents in my first Wycombe game, a 9-0 B & B win in 1973.

Westy's thoughts on the defeat.

https://twitter.com/RRFC_1971/status/1769089401819120076?t=0D1oXx51ptjKkofV_ugK4A&s=19

• Yes, Chalfont always had good youth teams when I was a lad (25 years+ ago!) and have relied on bringing in youth and moving it on (Jerome Okimo probably the most high-profile example I can think of).

They used to be my local non-league side but I go there very infrequently now. Sadly, the village/small town has never properly warmed to its team in the same way the likes of Flackwell draw crowds. Maybe it’s because the local lads are mainly Chelsea/QPR supporting geezers who aren’t interested in slumming it. They really are run on a shoestring and Danny Edwards performed miracles keeping them at Step 4 for as long as he did while retaining key figures for a number of seasons, not easy at that level.

As for Amersham, they’ve just smashed Yateley 6-2 and are now 20 points clear. Can’t see the Penn - HG result yet but come on you Greens (of the Holmer variety).

• Holmer Green lost 4-0 at Penn, missed a penalty at 2-0.

Crowd about 100

• A big day for Chesham United today, as a win at Harrow Borough will give them the Southern Premier South championship.

Amersham Town can also win the Combined Counties Division One today, if they beat London Colney at home. Reduced prices for this match, Adults £4, Concessions £2, U18s free. An early kick-off time of 11:30 for this one.

• They'd be promoted to the NLS, right? Have they ever been that high?

• Half a game at Amersham then move over to Chesham at Half-time?

• edited April 1

Yes, to NLS. I think, and I stand to be corrected, that they last played at step 2 in 2002-03, when they were relegated from the Isthmian Premier. They won promotion the following season, and went into the Southern Premier, but 2004-05 was when the Conference North/South started, so I think they were at step 3 then.

They did win the Isthmian Premier in 1992-93 but ground grading inadequacies prevented their promotion to the Conference.

• Whole game at both matches, if Amersham finish by 1:30, then 30 minute drive to Harrow.

• Congratulations to Amersham Town who beat London Colney 3-1, and are champions. Jake Tabor has been missing for the past three games.

• Congratulations to Chesham United who came from behind to win 4-1 at Harrow Borough, and become champions. Ricardo German scored his 33rd goal of the season, a penalty. They can celebrate on Saturday at home when they play Salisbury

• Well done Amersham Town and Chesham United. I hope both clubs can build on their fantastic success and momentum. Feels like there’s a lot bubbling at Chesh, even more so since that Taskmaster chappie got involved. I imagine a few Blues will occasionally wander down to The Meadow to watch a decent standard of football next season.

Elsewhere in Bucks, apart from ourselves, Flackwell Heath and Marlow are two other local clubs that come to mind with a real chance of silverware/promotion. Exciting times.

• Hope Anersham start competing in the FA Cop again now- for some reason they haven't for over 50 years.

• Really pleased for Chesham, such a wonderful place to watch a game.

• You've got to love a spelling mistake, the new competitions for lower leagues team this season, FA COP! Can you beat the different police forces?

• They should be able to qualify for all of the FA Competitions next season (FA Cup, FA Vase, FA Trophy) as long as their ground is up to scratch and passes their ground inspection.

• You can’t enter both Vase and Trophy - it’s either or. I believe Amersham will still be Vase.

• Looking forward to getting down to Chesham again on Saturday. Fantastic season they’ve had. Would be nice to see 1000+ down there.

• After a busy weekend travelling all over the South West & Notts, I'll be at my local team Holmer Green for tonight. They will be looking to get 4th bottom as the bottom three could be relegated should suitable candidates apply for promotion from step 7, although a reprieve is always possible the higher they finish. They face a crunch match against Bagshot as the bottom two face off against each other.

Hillingdon Boro PL31 PTS22 GD-48

-----------------------------------------

London Colney PL31 PTS 20 GD-26

Bagshot PL37 PTS19 GD-66

HOLMER GREEN PL32 PTS17 GD-77

• Yes, Trophy for steps 1-4, Vase for steps 5-6. The Vase is vastly superior I think, so Amersham will be in it for a while yet.

• as I understand it Amersham will be going to step 5 so in top division for Vase. One more promotion and it would be Trophy.

• Weather chaos in the SW continues.

Plymouth Parkway lose another game tomorrow night. They will now need to play on 7th, 9, 11,13,16,18,20,23, 25 and 27th including trips from Plymouth to Beaconsfield and West London. All for players who work full time. No way their pitch will stand up to that many games so they will have to play some "home" games elsewhere - god knows where.

Truro travel to Gloucester for their "home" games. They play on 4th, 6, 8, 10, 11,13,16,18,20 - 9 games in 17 days

Taunton have been made to play their next home game in Gloucester. They play 3, 6,9 11,13,16,18,20 - just the eight games. Likely more of their home games will be moved to Gloucester too.

There is a pitch exactly the same as Gloucester's in Newton Abbot - much closer to Truro and Parkway but they are not allowed to play there because of lack of seats for spectators who wont travel anyway.