Skip to content

EFL TROPHY FINAL

Comments

• To be fair, it probably was designed for horse and carriage and ambulatory individuals only.

• Don't know if it is of any help to anyone but a couple of years ago I parked at Hillingdon station and got the Metropolitan line into Wembley Park. Parking at the station was free on a Sunday. If you are thinking of doing it check whether that is still the case but it worked well for me. It was for an England game and I needed to be heading up the M40 to Birmingham afterwards.

• As far as I can tell, Sunday is now £3 to park here. Also the station is now within the ULEZ zone, so £12.50 to drive there if your car is non-compliant.

• The kick off time is a joke.Lower leagues poor relation in the scheme of things.Thanks for the cost of a days holiday as no way possible to get to Wembley and back on the same day.

• I’ve booked parking at Wembley Asda 9am to 9pm £6 via Youyparkingspace.

• edited March 6

No need to park at the Hillingdon station car park (which is often full anyway), over the bridge (which goes over the A40) there is loads of free residents parking at w/e’s a five minute walk.

• Train from London to Exeter

leaves at 2103. Should make that surely. Failing that night train leaves at 2340 through to Plymouth.

• Devc....you do not know where I work....trains less than reliable...you should know this living in Devon

• edited March 6

Another option for traveling to Wembley would be to travel from Ickenham Tube station. Its a few exits down the A40 from the M40, then its 20 mins on the Uxbridge branch of the Met line. Plenty of street parking, you are far enough away from Wembley not to get caught in traffic, tube is much cheaper than Chiltern Rail & the trains are 3 times more frequent than those going to Chesham or Amersham

• To be completely honest whether our match clashes with other matches or not I can’t imagine it’ll make that much difference to viewing figures. Who on here has actually ever watched the final itself?

• Any kickoff time is always going to inconvenience *someone*. Annoying that it's been changed, but it's moved from 3 til 4.30 - not 8.30 fgs.

• edited March 6

Anyone who has accidentally got back on a train they have just got off (due to their wife mistakenly thinking they had left their purse/rail pass on said train) after a three hour flooding diverted journey and getting stranded at Stalybridge station for an hour plus on the way to a Vampire Weekend concert.

(Five stars - highly recommended with a superb choice of beers)

• I did not expect the brilliant Vampire Weekend to get a mention on the Gasroom!

• edited March 6

That ended up as one of my top ten all time gigs. Ended up missing the first 10 minutes but the support band couldn’t make it due to the floods so Vampire Weekend played an extended set of about 2 1/2 hours (Sunflower live was amazing!). We stayed in a hotel next to the venue and saw them next morning at breakfast but I was far too English to say hello.

• Been waiting for the kick off time TBA for ages and now it has I have no idea what to do.

2 adults and 3 kids, the youngest is 4 and is disabled. Options are...

Stay sat night in Wycombe and get the train in Sunday and back and stay the Sunday too.

Travel up early Sunday morning and find a good place to jump the train in book an hotel and travel home Monday.

Can get a train from Liverpool to Wembley and back but I remember the arsing around after the Sunderland game and if there's any delays we'd be knackered.

Just drive to and from the game but don't really want to do that as I want the kids to enjoy it as much as possible.

I picked up a new pram/wheelchair for my son today and I don't know If its ideal or not to take him on a train if its going to be packed.

Was looking forward to this the other week now I don't know what to do!

Any suggestions welcome...

• If I were you mate, I'd make a mini trip out of it. Come down on Sat, head back on Monday so then you aren't rushing & can take your time, go on some walks or to the model village at Beaconsfield.

Getting to the ground is difficult. The Met tube trains are better & have more room but the steps at the station and then down onto Wembley Way are a killer for pram/wheelchairs. Whereas Chiltern Rail would help you on & off and would have a life BUT the trains will be packed..

Sorry, I feel like I haven't really helped you here.....

• edited March 7

Despite some helpful suggestions re the wording of the ticket availability announcement, I'm still left scratching my head over the term "2022/23 Club Members". And why are those members from last season given priority in booking tickets?

What Club?

Can it mean Trust members?

Is there a secret society that I've remained in ignorance of these past 50 years?

• @ryan_w_kirkby2 with your family the easiest (but perhaps not cheapest) option would be to book two nights Sat/Sun in a family room at a Wembley hotel right by the stadium (prices shouldn’t be too ridiculous as demand will be low). It’s only 10 minutes on the Chiltern Line into Marylebone so the kids could do Madam Tussaud’s Sunday morning and be back at lunchtime to start soaking up the atmosphere. The discount retail centre next to the ground isn’t bad either if that is a thing for your party.

• Haven’t been to Madame Tussaud’s for many many years. Two adults and three kids for Wembley day is priced at £173. Won’t be going to Mme Tussaud’s for many more years…..

• In my personal experience the Chiltern Railway queues have never been THAT bad. In terms of queue time and in terms of train crush. I suspect most Posh fans will be heading back into London on trains and therefore it will be Wycombe only fans heading in our direction. I have opted for Haddenham / Risborough trains in the past as they have had shorter queues than the Wycombe ones. And as it is Wycombe fans taking a youngster and even one with mobility issues will not be a problem.

• Strangely enough @DevC that Madam Tussaud's is exactly the same amount for 2 adults & 3 kids!

• edited March 7

At least you know what you're going to get with Tussauds.... the models are always outstanding.

• It was ridiculously bad after Sunderland - far worse than the FA Trophy finals 30 years earlier, when we took far more fans. I think that will put a lot of people off and I've a horrible feeling we're going to get an embarrassingly low turnout.

• Exactly they're out-standing. But not in their field, that's scarecrows.

• Thanks for that #therabbittest. Missed that post, much as I missed any announcement about a members club last season I suppose.

• It was awful when we played against Southend in the Play-off final too. Every other line moved except the one going to Wycombe!

• If you are going to use Chiltern Rail, my advice would be to get a train back to London then stay on the platform side of the barrier and get on the first train coming the other way. That way, you'll def get a seat and its only a 7 mins journey out of your way

• Altruistic hack: don’t stand in the Wycombe line, join the Oxford line (usually far end) it’s short and (whisper it) all those trains stop at Wycombe on the way😉