Skip to content

EFL TROPHY FINAL

Comments

• Having been to Wembley 20-30 times in the last 10 years (mostly watching England, plus our play off finals) I intend to avoid taking the Wycombe train back. I'm not totally sure why but something goes wrong with that service. I think it's the bottleneck getting people over the bridge and down the stairs to the platform. They seem to not let enough people down the stairs so most trains leave half full. Hard to say if that's the real issue or not. Could simply be a lack of trains.

While the queue for the tube always looks daunting, it doesn't take too long to work through. So Amersham is probably a good option.

Never tried going into London and back out again but I imagine that would work better than going direct to Wycombe.

Alternatively, if you've got a group it often works out not much more expensive to just get an Uber/booked taxi there and back. Or drive and park a mile or so away (bit of a weird walk though).

As for the tickets, while I think the prices are reasonable it looks like they're doing the annoying thing of not releasing the cheaper tier 2 tickets until tier 1 is mostly sold. So the first 9-10,000 get a cheaper ticket and then everything slows down because nobody wants the £60 ones on the halfway line. Not helpful for a club like ours. We've probably got 7-8,000 people that will definitely go. Plus another 15,000 casuals that may or may not, largely depending on price.

• edited March 8

Getting the train into Marylebone and back out seems like a good idea until you get your ticket checked and find yourself slapped with a penalty fare. Must admit I've only ever had my ticket checked on the way into London once, but it would be typical...

• edited March 8

As long as you don't go through the barrier, you should be fine as all tickets normally say "Route - Any Permitted". It's just like you getting a connecting flight at an airport, most of the time you don't go through immigration so you haven't technically arrived at that country. Same with trains, if you are on a platform with a valid ticket, taking a valid route, they won't say a word. Just don't go through the barrier!

Plus due to the traffic / staff at the Stadium's station, you have lots of people to blame! (It's not as tho they will phone them up!)

• edited March 8

The only annoying thing is that there is only 2 trains per hour going to Amersham and 1 train per hour going to Chesham. Sometimes the wait on the platform is longer than the walk out of the stadium going to the tube station! I reckon Chiltern will do what they did for the play-off final and will close the Harrow - Aylesbury line and put all of the trains on Wycombe's line so you can't even get the train to Harrow-on-the-Hill and change

• edited March 8

• I think I'm right in saying we would have to sell approaching 15000 tickets before the 200 Level is opened up.

• I might park a few miles away and cycle in.

• edited March 8

Do they have anywhere I can park my horse?

• I couldn’t find anything about it being a horse friendly stadium, but as long as you bring hay, sugar lumps and some rope, I reckon it’ll be fine.

• given that there are different categories of tickets, it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to only open one block at a time

One block per price category, maybe

• Makes a mental note to sit in block 143

• Makes a mental note to look away when block 143 is on the telly.

• Seems to be sold out anyway @Malone - looks like only single seats left in that block.

• Also quite bizarre that only season ticket holders can buy tickets now. Not sure what that achieves.

• It's one of the few perks season ticket holders have.

There would be moaning aplenty if they just opened it up to everyone at the same time, even though obviously in effect it makes no odds.

• I also don't understand why they need 5 days to get their tickets. I think we only have 3-3.5k season ticket holders, surely it won't take that long to clear it. The biggest rush / scrum will happen on Wednesday when anyone who has purchased tickets from this season can then get access.

• edited March 8

Anyone getting the Platinum Package? £329pp

• Reserved premium ticket in Club Wembley • Access to hospitality lounge from turnstile opening - three hours before kick-off

• Three course buffet pre-match/ • Match Programme

• Complimentary beers, wines and soft drinks from arrival until kick-off / Inclusive beers, wines and soft drinks at half-time / Inclusive beers, wines and soft drinks for one hour post-match

• Match Programme

So basically you can drink until you shit yourself for just over 300 quid. I can do that with a Sky day pass and eight cans of tramp juice for a lot less.

• I emailed the ticket office to ask why more of the higher category tickets weren’t on sale, to be fair to them they got back to me very quickly considering they must be very busy.

’We’re selling this event on behalf of Wembley Stadium, so they have full control over the allocations and how they’re sold, not WWFC’

• Season ticket holders are vitally important because they are counted as attending if they go to a match or not. We help keep up Rob's morale. Also we are very old and have trouble negotiating websites. Let us have one perk.

I suspect there will be plenty of seats for those who have no interest in this tournament, have torn up their subscriptions or will never watch us again while Bloomfield is manager. 😊

• There's really no need to rush. The stadium will be half empty whatever happens. Our group is just chilling out and watching proceedings for now.

I quite fancy level 2 where we sat for the Southend game. Really didn't like level one behind the goal, even when sat near the back. But you've got to play the long game for a chance of level 2 seats. And get all the once a season glory hunters to agree!

• I'll be in row 19, seat 282, end of the row so in pole position for the dash to the toilet at half time.

• I’m waiting for the same.

Level 1 in our section holds 15,000 and they need to sell 90% to open up Level 2.

We’ll comfortably sell 13,500 once they go on general sale.

• Drive to Hillingdon then get the Met to Wembley Park is my preferred route. Car park is cheaper than at Wycombe station and the tube fare is a lot less than the Chiltern train.