Skip to content

Blackpool

Anyone boycotting this game because of what is going on up there? I don't know if anyone saw the message from their supporters trust but did make me think twice.

I personally am still going up because of travel arrangements made and missing a couple of games in September I need my fix now :-)

Comments

• They are all hoping if they make the club unviable for the Orrible Oystons they will sling their hook. Sounds like home crowds are negligible...it is after all...the only business power the football fan has in the end.

• Home crowd for first game v Exeter was 3750 - way down on what they would traditionally get but hardly negligible and competitive at this level. Blackpool s a long way from Exeter. . I have a sneaky feeling they might do alright this season as it happens.

• I must admit I read the main thrust of the boycott as being an economic one to spend as little as you could apart from a match ticket. I'm sure some are not going to games but is that the stance the Trust is taking?

• The home gates include season ticket numbers. I Can assure you that total paying customers have been less than 2,000. I attended one match last season at home (freebie ticket) to Coventry City, they had in excess of 3,500 away fans. They could have sold more. They promptly protested with the Blackpool fans joining in with the Oyston out chants. Remember as well that CCFC have had enormous problems themselves over owners.
    I don't see any reason to "Boycott" this match as an away fan. But fully back any effort our fans want to show a level solidarity with BFC fans through similar chants and not spending money in Kiosks etc.

• They have given us the option of attending and not spending within the stadium as a show of solidarity and that seems a fair compromise. I may double pie it tomorrow in support of our trust

• They're not giving us the option. We can do what we like at the end of the day

• edited August 2016

Don't worry @banterking no-one is telling you what to do. 'Giving us the option' is just a figure of speech and is about respecting other fans wishes that's all. You can go, drink pop, eat rock and banter to your heart's content at the end of the day.

• @Wendoverman I was going to say we could cherry pick the best response then you would have to explain why there is no stone fruit involved

• Let's hope the Oyston's don't introduce a banter tax...

I think it's a decent request. It's easy to avoid spending any additional cash in the ground. Buy your chips outside.

Of course if you can sneak in without paying or dress up so you look like an OAP when you're not, that'd be skill (or bants).

• For all the moans about the Hayes regime, imagine how bad it can get when you are purposely trying to kill your own club financially.
    Wowzers.

• I think they've been driven to it but you're right @Malone it's a bad situation up there very bad

• Any volunteers to set up the picket line at the tea hut and prevent Wycombe's finest from eating all the pies?

• I can confirm I will be spending my money in the ground just to go against all of your ideologys of the rights and wrongs of Blackpool

• King of Banter

• Scab (p.s that doesn't mean you have to have a scab)

• I expect most fans won't have read about this protest anyway.

But even if they had, I doubt a lot of our fans could go the 90mins of the game without munching away.
    There's a reason your average staunch match goer needs multiple XLs on their shirt size!

• @banterking said:
    I can confirm I will be spending my money in the ground just to go against all of your ideologys of the rights and wrongs of Blackpool

So you're going against all ideologys (sic) of the rights and wrongs of Blackpool. That'll be interesting to watch #banter

• Leaving aside them ideologies and that innit...is @banterking either pro rich owners assett-stripping clubs, threatening fans, exploiting fans, suing fans for - well banter on a forum or on twitter - or just a contrary idiot who will say anything to get the attention he craves?

• Sorry Bendoverman

• That is some top quality "Banter". Do me next. Pooey the Swan?

• Ball Suckers?

• MrCongo?

• To be fair, Ball Suckers is very good, there's no way he would have come up with that.

• You're right. It involves changing more than one letter.

BanterMing?

• Ball suckers , good scenes

• edited August 2016

Ah yes. The usual stale response. An insight into the tiny little banterbrain. His mum might need to cut his cider money.

• It is a fair question though and I'm intrigued to hear your answer @banterking. Are you going against the Blackpool spending boycott because;
    a) you support the Oyston regime at Blackpool?
    b) because you don't like - not people telling you what to do as such - but people suggesting what to do?
    or c) Because you just get a kick out of doing (or claiming you're doing) the complete opposite of everyone else?

• because Nibbles innit. (Insert fishing emoticon here)