Skip to content

SIGNING INCOMING! SIGNING INCOMING! SIGNING INCOMING!

Comments

• Looks like it is Southwell, confirmed by Boston club secretary.

• Who???? Lol proven goalscorer......not in league though!

• @Wwfc2015_ said:
    Who???? Lol proven goalscorer......not in league though!

Well, we've signed plenty of players from the league who've gone in the other direction , so it's good to see us pick someone up who's hopefully heading in the other direction.

• so just because one player makes it from non league you try make out they all can we need proven league two players or are we slowly being turned back to non league .

• This guy looks class scores all sorts of goals. Really happy with this signing.

• This thread seems to be reverting to type. I'm looking forward to seeing Southwell play.

• Cautiously pleased with this one. Not over the moon but he's clearly got goals in him.

• Great news. Let's hope he can hit the ground running.

• Umhh interesting.

• Welcome and good luck to the lad. I see it didn't take long for our resident eyore's to wade in, pissing and moaning as ever. They hate old experienced pros and up and coming young players with equal passion.

If he does alright for us @trevor will be berating the club for selling him for peanuts and showing no ambition and @Wwfc2015_ will threaten for the 153rd time that he's never coming to AP again.

• Gutted that i didn't make it to the Gasroom in time to slag off a signing that I know nothing about and have never seen play 1 second of football. Seems like someone has got there first and even better they were serious. DOFL.

He's 22. He will be hungry for a chance. His goals a real mix (all of Ugwu's were from 1 yard on his highlights video). He makes intelligent runs which will be a delight for the 2 old timers to link up with. Love it. Good luck to him.

• I wonder how many of the people who might whine about the signing are the same ones saying, "why aren't we signing the next Jamie Vardy?".

• The clincher must have been that he can sit on the bench every week and learn how the old pros do it. (Sorry - couldn't resist). Probably the sort of player we can and should get at this stage of our 'recovery', young with a bit to learn and prove. I'm looking forward to see how (if) he develops

• No professional club should ever sign a non league player. After all, look what happened to Joe Hart, Chris Smalling, Ashley Williams, Craig Dawson, Lee Tomlin, Dwight Gayle, Callum Wilson, Jamie Vardy, Charlie Austin, Stan Collymore, Ian Wright, Kevin Phillips, Stuart Pearce, Kerry Dixon to name just a few who struggled to make the move up from non-league to a higher level.

• Really happy with this, not been this pleased since we signed Reece Styche (seriously)

Like a good non-league punt me, hopefully this one will work out better

• The Reece Styche comparison is the one that worries me, I was also excited about that signing at the time. Let's hope he's more Stuart Beavon.

• Imagine being Trev

poor bastard

• There is no evidence that Trevor was illegitimate Eric!

• There's no evidence that Trevor is even sentient either.

• @drcongo said:
    There's no evidence that Trevor is even sentient either.

None at all, sadly.

• The boy comes across as bright, articulate and confident. Dale Southwell that is.

• Most, if not all, of his goals last season are on a You Tube video. Very high proportion from the penalty spot but others show quick reactions and an eye for goal. Who knows, at 22 he will no doubt progress and might even "do a Vardy". At this stage we can but dream!

• I'm pleased with this, he's exactly the sort of player I want to see Ainsworth sign. Young, hungry, smart, keen for a chance to impress and with huge potential for sell-on value. He seems another in the Rowe, O'Nien, Harriman, Pierre mould.

I would far prefer the club scours the leagues below and picks up development squad cast-offs then break the budget on downwardly-mobile 'proven' players like Gary Thompson. Hopefully lots more announcements like today's to come.

• Very happy with that welcome on board Dayle

Something about that reminds me of a young Scott McGliesh, here's hoping

• Like the majority on here I know nothing about the man, never seen him play and as such not qualified to offer an opinion on his football ability. I welcome the move to sign lower league players and hopefully we have signed another Ian Wright potential. To those that criticise, (you are all too predictable), I hope he can prove you wrong. My only observations from the YouTube clip is that he is very right footed and may need to develop his left to become more of a threat at this level as the quality of defence will be a lot better than he has been playing against. I wish him and the coaching team all the best.

• I'm pretty pleased with this signing. His showreel looks decent. Would love to see Dave Tarpey join too to actually provide some service.

• Some truly shambolic defending and goalkeeping, and quite a few penalties, but I remain cautiously optimistic that he will bang in double figures next season.

• "He knows where the goal is" seems to be the appropriate cliche.

• Hopefully he has experience of hoof it football!