Skip to content

Ticket sales

13»

Comments

• @DJTaylor said:
    aloysius like Manuel from Fawlty Towers "I know nothing." It's just a suspicion. We'll soon see whether any new takeover battle ensues.

Thanks @DJTaylor/?Benny for that. I'd forgotten how funny that (and every other episode) was. Have shared on FB.

• Who can we think of that might have the wherewithal to make a bid? And what happens to our Community Shares in the event of a takeover? Conjecture, conjecture, conjecture.

• @DJTaylor - you say you know nothing but you must suspect something. Have you read something in the last few days that leads you to do so?

• @micra Nope. Like you said it's just conjecture.

@Morris_Ital Thanks for your belated reply. Loyalty and optimism appear to be the only reasons to look forward to the new season.

• I wasn't even joking, I'm looking forward to going to Grimsby.

• @DJTaylor nothing to look foward to at all mate. Don't watch it will be awful. Terrible. We won't win anything.

• I'll be leading the firm into Grimsby

• sadly they need all the firms they can get these days.....

Hope you and Chris have fun on your own in Grimsby. Presumably most of the trAvelling chairboys will instead go to cleethorpes ...

• Well whatever happens you won't be there, part timer

• @micra , there is one guy who is seemingly on every single thread on there, with 3 names who i'm pretty sure barely attends a game.

Used to think he was a senseless troll, but I think he's just a little bored of an evening and filling time in. Not seen him as abusive as you describe though, maybe a rare rash moment. Or maybe you really trickled him

• I can see why you call yourself banter-king

• @DJTaylor You asked a question about the current Finances, but I think you have confused " cashflow" with Outstanding Creditors. If your estimate of the unbudgetted income is correct I would assume that our current Cashflow has improved, subject to any outgoings on Harriman. Our long term Creditors will be with us for a few more years, but is coming down as planned as I understand the accounts that the Trust presented to the last AGM. If you haven't made a contribution to the Trust's share scheme now would be a good time to start. Have a great summer and let's all give our support to the squad in the 2016/7 season. COYB's

• @DJTaylor I can't > @Chris said:

I wasn't even joking, I'm looking forward to going to Grimsby.

Can we get that on a tee shirt. Positive thinking like that @DJTaylor has kept me going for decades

• Dev, are you the guy off coronation street?

• @Malone said:
    micra , there is one guy who is seemingly on every single thread on there, with 3 names who i'm pretty sure barely attends a game.

Used to think he was a senseless troll, but I think he's just a little bored of an evening and filling time in. Not seen him as abusive as you describe though, maybe a rare rash moment. Or maybe you really trickled him

I most certainly did after what you describe as his rare rash moment. I've not heard "trickled" before but assume it is the same as "niggled"?

• @micra excuse my typo old son. Tickled that should have been, and yes, niggled!

to clarify, JYM initials?

• Is your middle name Shylock @Malone ?

• @micra that's a little too subtle for me old son, and i'm trying to recall my Merchant of Venice reading a long long time ago...
    i'm erm..not Jewish, and I'm not a money lender, so erm, not Stevie H if you're asking that?!?

• @DJTaylor The short answer is that there's little to get particularly excited about. All we can hope for is that the end of last season was so bad that it's made our shortcoming glaringly obvious and shown where Ainsworth has to strengthen.

Oh, also the thought of a European championship without the tangomen ruining your viewing pleasure must surely at least give you some cheer?

• @banterking oh yeh, that bloke from Coronation Street. #bantzillaaaaa

• I'm excited about the unknown. Everyone starts on 0 points. Plus the pitch always looks nice. And it's a good excuse to visit the hometown and hang out with my mates for an afternoon.

Only downside really is that early season matches can be a bit smelly in the Vere Suite until fresher autumn conditions are ushered in.

• @Malone - try substituting 'er' for 'y'. Bloody typos, eh?