Skip to content

Ticket sales

Comments

• This is good news if you consider we had just been to Wembley last year.

• It's just GA and the cash-rich, secretive board trying to make out the harsh views of the football experts on Gasroom 2.0 have no effect whatsover on season ticket sales...

• It's good to know that despite the big talk, the people on here who've posted over 1,000 odd times about a club they're walking away from / have no interest in / are embarrassed about, are signing up again for another season!

Bring it on!!!

• When I read 2,114 was the tally last year, I thought wow that is a very paltry total.
    At least that's not going down then, on their projections.

I'd love to see breakdowns of new versus lapsed ticket holders and similar analysis. I wonder if any takes place.
    At the end of the day though, often it's simply blind loyalty that gets me there, if I didn't necessarily have this from childhood bind, I wouldn't be sucked in by the entertainment!

As for those guys who gave it all the "i won't come back until Hayes has gone" chat, and didn't come back. Gutless excuse makers.

• Personally I can't wait for next season and I'll leave the flaunting off to others.

• I'm quite nervous at this stage, as I think we need to add 2-3 key starters to do anything next year.
    If we can only add squad fill material, we'll probably do well to match last year.

However, i'll be there either way, pending any unforseens!

• Exactly. You just turn up don't you? These flouncers are proud of it, when really they just look a bit lame.

• If they just flounced off and that was the end of them fair enough.
    It's the ones who still insist on littering up the gasroom and the FB page moaning when they never go anywhere near the stadium.

• what would be really interesting to now would be how many first time season ticket holders we have each season, and how man have returned after a few seasons without one.

• I was saying a few posts ago @floyd that some analysis would be interesting. But I wonder if we do any of that at all these days.

• Given Andrew Howard's stated business approach and equally non emotional attachment, I would think that there is quite a bit of constructive analysis goes on. Quid a kid days which were repeated a lot where abandoned when a deeper analysis was carried out for example.

• @woodlands You are almost certainly right, but because the club's latest season ticket analysis excel spreadsheet hasn't been published on the Gasroom, some posters seem to assume it doesn't exist.

• @Malone said:
    When I read 2,114 was the tally last year, I thought wow that is a very paltry total.
    At least that's not going down then, on their projections.

I'd love to see breakdowns of new versus lapsed ticket holders and similar analysis. I wonder if any takes place.
    At the end of the day though, often it's simply blind loyalty that gets me there, if I didn't necessarily have this from childhood bind, I wouldn't be sucked in by the entertainment!

As for those guys who gave it all the "i won't come back until Hayes has gone" chat, and didn't come back. Gutless excuse makers.

I remember seeing something like this before. Not specifically wwfc but across the football league.

The general conclusion, if I recall correctly, was that the majority of STH will have one for a couple of years and then drop it for a while, maybe come back in the future. And there is a surprisingly small portion of the average support at any given game that go more or less every week over a period of more than three or four years.

• @Morris_Ital Can I ask why you "personally can't wait for next season?"

• I cannot speak for Morris, but I cannot wait for next season as I like coming to Adams Park to watch live football. But I renewed me season ticket just after the 61 points and just before GA unleashed his boys. I'm working on the idea that the unleashing will just be a few weeks late...

• I wonder whatever happened to "Clive"?

• Clive? Remind me please Eric. Name rings a bell but senile amnesia seems to have set in. Just curious.

• Plus I'm still reeling slightly from being told yesterday to "go f**k yourself" by one of the classier contributors on the Fans' FB page. Serves me right, I suppose.

• had a quick look through @micra , couldn't see anything. You didn't stumble onto the dreaded "no holds barred" page did you? Although I suspect that page quickly died a death, as there's only so much fun sweary moaners can have amongst themselves with no one to get off on offending.

I wondered if you were either Chris Perrin or Mike Ralph from your posts..i'm told Perrin isn't on here, so, erm, hello Mike?

• @DJTaylor said:
    Morris_Ital Can I ask why you "personally can't wait for next season?"

By this are you inferring that you're not impatient for the new season?

I was longing for it to start before this one even ended

• @Malone - no, I'm not Chris Perrin.
    The guy I described as venomous, foul-mouthed, and hate-filled deleted his offensive post and my response to that, as well as his follow-up which I mentioned above. To be fair, he does sometimes make valid points but he has no time for the supporter-owned model and seems to think we should be aiming for the Championship in double quick time.
    I rarely visit the Fans' page on FB as the level of debate tends to be pretty juvenile.

• @DJTaylor said:
    Morris_Ital Can I ask why you "personally can't wait for next season?"

Yes

• Micra you're Chris Perrin don't lie

• Apologies guys re post timed at 10.06. In the absence of a response from @eric_plant I typed in @Clive to check who he was and what he'd said. Didn't get very far!

• @Morris_Ital Thanks. I think your answer speaks for itself.

• I'll have a go if I may. Wycombe are my club and I love watching them play, and even when we're not playing well and haven't got the best team I still love going to football.

Actually, it's sticking with the team through these times which make the good times even sweeter. Take the season two years ago for example when by some miracle we stayed up on the last day of the season. The emotion I felt that day cannot easily be recreated anywhere else. The season up until that point was a factor in that.

Of course some fans decided not to go that day, which i think is a real shame for them

• @eric_plant None of those reasons are specific to next season though. What does a Wycombe Wanderers supporter have to look forward to in 2016/17?

• The possibility of winning the league and the Cup? Like any season.

• @LX1 Whatever you're taking, can I have some?