Skip to content

Rumour Mill

Comments

• I've just seen these rumours online... was he spotted at the training ground today ?

• I'm gonna say no lol

• No, very few followers to an account created a few days ago!

• If it is true, then I hope we don’t give him away to that bunch. I feel it is a little bit annoying to see Ainsworth dipping into our talent.

• He was in the training video, yes (though not in the photos for some reason).

• edited June 2023

I think we should try something out: start a rumour on a QPR forum that QPR are interested in Jack Young, and then see how long it takes to be reported on the various 'QPRNews' twitter accounts as a pending deal.

That being said, I agree with @MorrisItal2 above that Forino would be a good player for QPR to develop.

• There is a rumour going around that he is keen to take Mellor, Young and DeBarr.

Don’t know where he is going to take them but good rumour to start.

• If any of our ex-players now ply their trade in the National League South we could link them to GA just for the fun of seeing the QPR fans' heads explode.

• To be honest, though I like Chris...if it IS true, I cannot help thinking buying League One players (However decent at our level) is not going to pan out very well for our Gareth.

• Across his squad probably not, but to cherry pick a developing talent who may well be able to make the step up for comparatively little money it could well make sense.

God forbid that it does our revolving door seems to be stuck on exit at the moment and I’d rather we keep Chris.

I also like Tjay and believe he will push on this season.

if it helps Blooms I’ve decided to put pen to paper and stay with the club for another season 😉

• I also always liked the look of Danny Mayor but at 32 maybe not what we needed. Was being tracked by Bolton and Wigan but has signed for Fleetwood.

I think Lincoln, Oxford and Fleetwood could be up there this season. Maybe Bristol Rovers too.

• I'd take Macauley Bonne

• Do we know if Hellfire BBQ have signed for QPR yet?

• If Ainsworth swoops in for Forino on a cut price deal I might start to lose a bit of love for the man...

• He has too much class to remain a League 1 player. If Forino stays injury free, QPR will make big money from the pittance they give us.

• Surely it is our responsibility to negotiate an acceptable price of any player we allow to leave not the job of the buying clubs manager (who probably wouldn't be involved the negotiations anyway).

• Forino needs a strong season, playing 80% or more of our games, most at a strong level first.

He's certainly not got enough to walk into a starting position in the cjampionship yet. And you have to wonder if Gareth has time to bring players through patiently at a club like QPR.

• edited June 2023

IF and it must be a very big if, F-J goes to QPR then the initial fee may represent his experience level (low) but surely the key to such a negotiation would be the ‘add ons’ / ‘sell on’ clauses?

• Going to QPR for a fee that we would want would mean he would have to go into the first team squad immediately. And I don't think he is ready. He struggled last year with fitness and I agree he needs to play a whole season with consistent runs in the team. As we don't know about injuries it was hard to judge if he was still adapting to being a full time pro or whether he had a more serious injury of course. He's a class player and his time will come. He is one of our few saleable assets so we need to maximise this one.

• Unfortunately (for us) Gareth knows at first hand how good Forino is and his potential.

• I agree. As you say, @TheAndyGrahamFanClub, he needs to play a whole season (or at least a sizeable chunk of it - until the January window, perhaps!) injury free (or only missing the odd game or two). The “world” could then become his oyster (and a potential significant money spinner for Wycombe Wanderers).

In the meantime, we could have the two most handsome centre backs in League 1 (or possibly the EFL).

I’ve gone bracket bananas this morning.

• The problem the club has is that he’s not going to be a money spinner. As he will be over 24 by next summer we will not be due a penny in compensation.

So likely that if we sell now we will get £350/£400k, if we sell in Jan likely around £175/£250k

Unless he signs a new deal with us in the next few months of course.

• I would be a little wary of signing for QPR if I was Chris Forino. He'll be seen as a Gareth Ainsworth player and - if things don't work out well for Gareth and Chris takes time to adapt to Championship football - could easily find himself as a fall guy, jettisoned by the next manager as a public statement of intent. That could damage his career significantly. You only have to look at Josh Scowen's treatment there to realise that they're not a fan base that necessarily gives players time to develop before turning against them.

Far better for Chris would be to shine at League One level for a season then go into the Championship with a reputation already burnished.

• Probably going to be a January sale again same as Anis. Presuming he proves his fitness.

If he shows the same progression until then as Anis did he and Taff are going to be a formidable duo🤞

• Well, yes and no.

He's "probably" got it in him to be a regular Championship starter. But QPR are already there and have a few of those themselves?

Unless we're talking premier league, which is hard to judge.

He's good in league 1, but not Mawson, Williamson sort of obvious stand out? Is he?

• Which Championship club should he sign for that gives players time to develop before turning against them?

• And a free agent, with consequently a huge signing on fee if he does well this season!

• QPR supporting ticket man a bit bemused about signing L1 players...he said that they did not want Smyth to leave in the first place and are sort of happy to see him back...but on the back of scoring 14 goals in L2 for Orient?

On the bright side he thinks Chair and Willock will leave, so if Rob has his checkbook handy...

• QPR fan I know is already saying the Ainsworth honeymoon is wearing thin. They need to hit the ground running or else the bat sh1t crazy club is going to be hunting for the next poor guy.