Skip to content

Obita joins Hibs

13»

Comments

• edited June 2023

So you do understand my point then!

A play starts with the first rehearsal not first performance. An exam with the first revision session etc etc

ie this season stated with first discussions in April, not the open it game in six weeks.

• I wonder what his situation is.

Can he turn it around in what seemed a really toxic environment at Aberdeen? is he seeking a move etc? Probably quite an uncertain time for him.

Would be a good addition to Taf and Forino, and with their perhaps 50% attendance last season, we should easily be able to manage the three of them.

Obviously it satisfies our huge love of a re-signing.

• I'd love to see Anthony Stewart back, but i understand the reasons that it might not happen.

Taf to Bolton has gone a bit quiet hasn't it?

• Taffs will end up going to the New England Revolution of the MLS. Their nickname is often shortened to 'Revs'.

• But I thought that Taf knowing the Teeth boys and going to Revs guaranteed he wasoff to Bolton.

And it was utterly dim of anyone not recognising that?

• Not sure many worded it that flagrantly, but I don’t think it’s beyond the realm of possibility that Tafa still moves in this window. He’s a centre half with scarcely-available attributes: left footed, 6’4 and very capable in a back three or four. I’d argue he’s amongst our most consistent top 3-4 performers when on the pitch. (Yes always injured, but when fit he is almost always at least a 7 or 8 out of 10).

• By chance, I bumped into a member of the Obita clan a couple of weeks through work and he didn't give me a potential news scoop. I now retract those false platitudes I gave about Jordan! Joking aside, all the best up there.

• Apparently we were interested in ex Plymouth CB James Wilson but he chose Bristol Rovers instead.

• His mum posts on the fb group and I'm sure said he wanted to stay at one point. So maybe this deal came up late doors.

• Apparently Bristol Rovers also signing Jevani Brown. Joey Barton showing his colours again.

They've made some decent signing to be fair, as have Oxford.

I wonder if we are just going quietly about it as usual - but it surely can't be good for season ticket sales to make such late moves.

In other news, the club phoned my mate the other day asking for sponsorship of £5k to get his company name on a hoarding as they are "below their target" for sponsorship deals. They gave him a deadline of Monday to pay to which you can imagine what his answer was!!! They phoned him asking for money and had the cheek to set a deadline!!!

• With regards to the last paragraph I’ve happened upon the commercial team down the years and their offers of pitch side advertising or stadium advertising. Each time it’s been a piss poor experience. No ‘hey local business let’s do something wonderful together.’ Just ‘wanna buy a board? No? Seeyah’.

With people like Andrew Howard floating around I’m amazed we still haven’t polished this side of revenue generation.

• £5k for a board shown for 90 mins for approx 25 games, for 9 months of the year. £5k is better spent elsewhere for him. To be honest, I take no notice of the advertising - it wouldn't sway me to use someone because they sponsor Wycombe Wanderers.

• edited June 2023
  • Everyone says that, but if it was true advertising wouldn't exist. It's not unusual to have a deadline for a special offer either.

The behind target thing is concerning but to be expected really with few good news stories, that's one place where getting big signings in early helps even if they can't win us points until August.

• Absolutely spot on. If you want to sell more season tickets or pitch side advertising then sign some decent players early. Every Wycombe fan I talk with is worried about the fact that we are letting players go and nothing happening on signings.

Yes we all know that most players are contracted with their current clubs until the end of June but that doesn’t stop other clubs getting in early and agreeing terms for 1st July onward and letting their fans know.

And for the person on this or another thread who compared TJ to Mahmeti, well!!!!! TJ is Beaconsfield level at best and to be honest I don’t think he would get a start there.

• Tjay has made an impact on games at League One level, let's not be silly.

• I will have to disagree with that. We all have different views but I seriously don’t rate him.

• Lord Leverhulme (the Edwardian soap magnet) “I know half of my advertising budget is wasted, I just don’t know which half”.

• edited June 2023

Think you went a little harsh with your last sentence. Although I never understood why he was getting considerable hype last season for a spell, which did wear off hugely. He's a bench guy, who can hopefully develop.

There seemed to be some suggestions that clubs "can't" reveal signings until they start on July 1st, but that's an utter myth as seen constantly with other summers, and with many other clubs this summer.

We "Hope" it's all in hand, but the truth is we have no idea how a Bloomfield window looks. We brought in a "Head of Recruitment" recently. Is he totally responsible for suggesting players? Does he have a database of options already, or is he starting up now?

It could well be a couple of first team signings for the start of the season and then rely on loans.

• Great, now I'm even more pessimistic about the season ahead.

• I think this season is going to be fascinating, as we still haven't really see what Blooms can do. The amount of players who have left gives him a lot of slots to get his type of players in (even if we have to wait for the musical chairs a little). My only sadness is that the division looks like it is weak enough to get out of automatically for our squad of two seasons ago, but it is hard to see us gelling quickly enough, even in the best case scenario.

• edited June 2023

Expect the worst, then you can't be disappointed!

Although we are (in the main) football fans on here, so come game 1 of the season we'll all be expecting loads! A win will see untold levels of expectations arise.

• Am I naive to imagine that the club are holding on ‘till the ‘keep my money’ delayed party (afternoon tea) and are going to reveal the new green stripe strip and a couple of signings then?

• Imagine the outrage on here, fb and twitter if we don't have anyone signed by that day.

They must have some ready, mustn't they?

• Not so sure. These days I think it’s impossible to keep any signings secret as their former colleagues go straight on the socials and wish them luck to which ever part of this green and pleasant land (or Scotland) they’ve uprooted for.