Skip to content

Obita joins Hibs

Comments

• I don’t quite understand what has happened to the perception of Obita over summer. What are the MOTM fan vote stats on him? He can’t have got more than 5 MOTM performances in the 2.5 years he has been with us. Maybe not even one. He’s probably got one of the lowest MOTM votes per game played of any player we’ve had in the last 2.5 years he’s been here.

Now I’m seeing ‘more than comfortable championship starter’ - yeah if you want to get relegated.

I don’t think he’s a bad player by any means, but out of any of the out of contract players, he’s the most replaceable, surely?

• A very talented player... without ever being spectacular for us.... don't get me wrong.... I would have liked him to have stayed.... but he never really got a hugely warm reception by the gasroom crowd. I'm a bit suprised by the shock and upset by some that he is moving on. Faster at LB than JJ but most on here never rated him as a replacement.... his deliveries and free kicks never lived up to the JJ expectations.... as a wing back we seemed to rate him better... quite silky on the ball going forwards too. We don't know what blooms has in mind for our style going forwards.... maybe he was told that his style didn't 100% suit. Maybe hibs are paying alot better.. it is what it is. We move on.

• Yep, I'm struggling to understand people underplaying his contribution for us.

Gareth didn't start him every game he was available for no reason.

• edited June 2023

By sheer nature of his position covering left back / left wing back / left winger I think you could barely be more off with your last line. I'd say it's only Wing that'll be harder to replace for what he gave the team.

• Don't forget that blooms was schooled by Gareth.. blooms will be his own man and won't be rushing into signing anyone for the sake of signing someone.

23 years of die hard support.....and much more by all of you on here should have taught you patience when it comes to Wycombe signings....

• I mean.... if our summer shopping is shit or non existant.. ill be kicking off...

But until we know next seasons playing squad..... there is no point stressing or second guessing

• Sometimes L1 really is the luck of the draw - it really does not look strong this season, and if you gave me our team from two seasons ago in this division I think we would have a very good shot of going up automatically. Easy to say that before a ball has been kicked in anger though, I suppose.

• Two year deal and gets to play in Europe and live in Edinburgh. Good move for him and his young family.

I liked him on the left and am disappointed he’s gone. He will be hard to replace with his experience.

• I’m really excited to see how Matt Bloomfield creates, builds and establishes his squad now.

I’m anxious too of course.

• Very capable full back and if we signed him tomorrow I would be pleased. His absence for the latter part of the season was a shame and of course we don’t know why this was. The fact we offered him something and he turned us down might suggest it wasn’t on the championship level wage he was on when we signed him.

I hope he does well up in Scotland. We’ve seen three head north of the border now.

• My guess is a higher percentage of loanees and a modified version of Ainsworths direct system

• Thank you Jordan. Sorry to see you go. Regards

all very well players going when do we see players arriving. Come on Wycombe pull your finger out.

• edited June 2023

This might lean to more loanees, I agree with @MorrisItal2 on that

• Tough crowd indeed. I thought he was a good player for us...and no statto am I but I felt we won more than we lost when he played. (No doubt the facts will prove me wrong.) Good luck to him.

Are we a bang average L1 side yet?

• Not yet. We’ve barely got a side yet, have we?

• Announce Greenacre

• I think Zelensky is on the verge of offering funds to help US rebuild...

• Please see my post just now on the Rumour Mill thread @Wendoverman.

• Goodnight.

• Obita, good composure on the ball, but he tickled rather than tackled. As a Left back defensively not good enough, but as a wing back, can do a half decent job.

• Played 90 mins in Blooms' first game at Shrewsbury, then didn't re-appear again until a 20 minute cameo last game of the season at Pompey. Virtually an ever present for all of last season and 2/3rds of this one.

Wonder how he would have faired in Blooms system, results certainly took a dive whilst he was unavailable.

Big loss and will be hard to replace in my opinion. Imagine Jack Currie will end up in the Championship but who knows...

• One of those players you miss when not playing but doesn’t particularly register during games. Never let us down, never set the world alight (except that wonder goal [cross?] from the touch line). Hibs offer must have been a good one to uproot his family at his career stage. We’ll miss his solid professionalism. Good luck Jordan.

• Well, he can look forward to being in a team that is thrashed by Celtic and Rangers four times a season.

I'm not sure how the rest of the SPL teams would compare with the EFL setup, but I suspect that they are probably around upper L1 standard. They must be paying him a decent wedge to get him to divert his career into the backwater of Scottish football.

• It’s six weeks before the season begins and over nine weeks before the transfer window closes….just saying.

• Actually, in a way saying its 6 weeks until the season starts makes it worse ! That will fly by.

• Also, we have no idea (myself included) what deals could have been done or are in the pipeline but haven’t yet been announced. Player contracts normally run till June 30, still a week away.

• Arguably this season started the day we failed to make the playoffs in April….just saying.

• Very true.

But having seen how we went from a team flying, to dropping off a cliff on the managerial handover, we need players in and embedded into a system as soon as possible.

Unless we're happy to write off this season as the dreaded "consolidation", or hope it all magics together like the post Torquay season did.

I'm confident (based on nothing) that we've already done some deals and not announced them yet so players will be available day 1 of pre season.

• Get Anthony Stewart back, that would be a step in the right direction.

• I don’t understand your point. I’m certain that the manager and the owner would have been in contact about the make up of the squad the moment we knew we were staying in League One. The fact that no new signings have yet been announced doesn’t mean that there won’t be any.