Skip to content

Gape going

2»

Comments

• They may both do well, but can you imagine what QPR or any Championship, or other clubs fans and senior management would think if their manager gave them both contracts and neither of them played. Massive high risk. Asking for the sack.

• Gutted to see Gape go, even with his injury history. Bloomfield making some interesting calls on players. Clearly very light in centre midfield . Hopefully we can do our transfer business early.

• Gape had an offer though. Unless you mean Bloomfield's call on what terms to offer.

• Hmm...wonder if the manager knows what he is doing gets earlier and earlier every summer.

We will do our transfer business the way we always do. Two weeks before kick off a load of players no-one thought of or have heard of will turn up or sign for the development squad. Most definitely so.

Hopefully I will be proved wrong....

• If they were both fit and not injury prone @aloysius I suspect Bloomfield would have been canny enough to ensure they stayed. They are not. So they are not. Unless I've missed something.

• My "Pay as you play" contract suggestion to Gape got a lot of thumbs down votes - perhaps in real life this was the contract that he was on, and that may not have been sustainable for him.

• Why would he have been on that? He wasn't ravaged by injury when he signed his previous deal?

• Just to be clear I was being facetious about Gareth signing Thompson and Gape, given his record of re-signing players who'd previously played for him.

But I was being serious about a team building a very effective central midfield around the pair, if they could both stay fit. More likely to be League Two than Championship though.

• Is that a fact?

Because the way I see it is as follows:

20/21- Championship - 14 apps

21/22 - League 1 - 13 apps

22/23 - League 1 - 15 apps

Signed a deal in 2020 until 2022

Signed a deal in 2022....

• Nobody knows if they can keep them fit though, I'm sure we tried, so it'd just be a massive gamble.

• I think he might join Oxford

• Sad but understandable that he has gone. Ah Chesterfield…. What a grand day out.

It will be an interesting summer but I’m hopeful Matt has both some targets and the backing of Rob C to pursue them. As I’ve said before, I think next season is all about building a Matt team not recreating a Gaz team. If we are mid table by March and have a group of players who are happy at the club, in tune with Matt’s style and giving their all then he’ll have done exactly what is needed to build upon for 24/24. In Blooms we trust.

• He was simply injury prone and a massive risk if we are to have a smaller squad. Great lad and I always remember his promotion goal. Good luck Dom in whatever you do and go.