Skip to content

Match day thread: Burton

Comments

• Everyone is having a great game... Forino has been really impressive.

• Didn’t realise what a big lad he is.

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    Whilst the plaudits will no doubt go to McCleary & Hanlan, Thompson & Forino have been immense with JJ, Obita Grimmer & McCarthy not far behind them

Not rate Mehmeti then?

• If we're coming up with ever more creative ways to get McCleary and Mehmeti in the same team I'm very happy with that. Good options are making for a great performance.

• @micra of course but he hasn't affected this game in the way he has the last few

• Jebberson was 18 in August according to Wikipedia.

• FFS soft goal

• Bring back Allsop

• What on earth happened there?

• We have let a vastly inferior team back into it....seen this movie too many times.

• The positivity of Mehmeti and Mcleary is fantastic and infects the team.

• @Shev said:
    We have let a vastly inferior team back into it....seen this movie too many times.

I’d say they’ve had very little in the second half, that truly came out of the blue. Not like we’ve been absorbing waves of pressure.

So I wouldn’t say we’ve let them back in

• @jessvl1 said:

@Shev said:
    We have let a vastly inferior team back into it....seen this movie too many times.

I’d say they’ve had very little in the second half, that truly came out of the blue. Not like we’ve been absorbing waves of pressure.

You don't think them scoring is letting them back in?

• edited December 2021

Bizarre goal, but Stocko's not got a chance one he puts his weight the other way. Would be nice if the officials communicated with each other, though... Took an awfully long time for them to actually confirm it.

• @Shev said:

@jessvl1 said:

@Shev said:

You don't think them scoring is letting them back in?

Not in the way you made it sound. Letting them in implies we changed our game plan, sat back and waited for them to score basically. What we just saw in my opinion was a total fluke.

• Love that from Tafazolli.

• To clarify, I meant we are now 2-1 up in a game where we should already be out of sight.

• Don’t love this from Stockdale

• It was a fluke but a clean hit. I hope the shithousery is not beginning.

• @Chris said:
    Don’t love this from Stockdale

How dare he be actually in pain for once

• "I thought Wycombe would come back out, score a couple more and win easily". Jeeves does not get to many of our games, does he?

• Atmosphere has been absolutely awful

• Officials haven't been much better. How is that not a foul on Anis?!

• On Curtis too. They could have been down to 10 also.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Officials haven't been much better. How is that not a foul on Anis?!

A pretty blatant booking there for Thompson too, but we’ll let that one slide!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Atmosphere has been absolutely awful

Sorry...I could not make it.?

• Right change there, had lost control of the middle and were starting to look exposed to the counter again.

• Our press has been bloody fantastic tonight. Best performance of the season in that regard apart from v Lincoln. So organised.

• @jessvl1 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Officials haven't been much better. How is that not a foul on Anis?!

A pretty blatant booking there for Thompson too, but we’ll let that one slide!

Couple of potential bookings swerved for Thommo now.

• We always seem to make heavy weather of things