Skip to content

Match day thread: Burton

Comments

• edited December 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    4-2-3-1 with McCarthy as an 8 would be my guess - but that's all I've got ?‍♂️

Ignore that, misread the defenders. Can only assume a 3-4-3 diamond? Might as well paint a red stripe down the fronts of our shirts.

• The sods law of both centre backs out together. Can't make it up.

Still, gives others the chance etc

• Just saw Stewart ill, not injured, which is something. Taffs was ill too.

• Interesting line up.

• I'm surprised Wheeler has been dropped for this one.

Don't we always end up with a big injury list after we've had a week off?

• Simply need them to stand up today. Hopefully Grimmer and JJ can get round Forino where needed, he can be good aerially and Mehmeti and co can keep it up the other end.
    Tbh If we are now saying Grimmer and McCarthy are no longer players who can cover multiple positions, and I'm open on that, then their squad positions aren't guaranteed for long.

• OR 4-2-3-1 with JJ in MF?

• Very interesting line up, obviously forced into some of those changes. Disappointed to not see Wheeler in the first 11 as I feel he had a good run during November, but certainly excited to have Mehmeti, Hanlan and G-Mac starting together.

Interested to see Holloway out there tonight - he gave one of the most exciting performances I’ve seen in a Wycombe shirt in the second leg of the playoffs in 2015, so have followed him since. Always a danger on his day so hopefully he has a quieter game tonight.

COYB!

• I used to really enjoy watching AAH. That languid skilful style and his effortless control are pretty rare in football. Dean Morgan had it too.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    I used to really enjoy watching AAH. That languid skilful style and his effortless control are pretty rare in football. Dean Morgan had it too.

Yep I was also a huge Morgan fan. You can tell that I’d be a terrible manager as I’d have played those 2 up top in the most attractive but least committed strike-force ever!

• They really need to kill that stupid message on ifollow that repeats over and over again, used to like sampling the atmosphere before games a bit

• Can't wait for this one. It feels like it could be one of those crazy games, given the lineup and general AP nuttiness.

• A big congratulations to Forino-Joseph too. In less than two years of the development squad he becomes the third to start for us in the league. I am guessing Parsons will earn a start within the next season and a half too (and maybe Burley?), so this is really working out so far.

• Really surprised Wheels isn’t starting, but great to have all those attacking options. Back to Gormania!

• @StrongestTeam said:
    They really need to kill that stupid message on ifollow that repeats over and over again, used to like sampling the atmosphere before games a bit

I was just about to say the same, sooo annoying!

• Interesting and quite exciting line-up. This 'we value your custom.message' on ifollow is very irritating. Out of interest what was traffic like getting into the ground?

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    I used to really enjoy watching AAH. That languid skilful style and his effortless control are pretty rare in football. Dean Morgan had it too.

Still haven’t forgiven him for dawdling when clean through in extra time at Wembley.

• Some big games tonight / tomorrow. Pompey vs Weds, Franchise vs Plymouth. The table could look a fair bit different tomorrow night.

• Looks like I’m going to miss kickoff. Laptop’s decided to “scan and repair drive (C). 47% complete after ten minutes!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Interesting and quite exciting line-up. This 'we value your custom.message' on ifollow is very irritating. Out of interest what was traffic like getting into the ground?

A breeze, best drive in yet. Crisps a plenty in your absence too!?

• Get in Gillingham!

• Anyone still got their vision? These LEDs are retina-scorching.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Interesting and quite exciting line-up. This 'we value your custom.message' on ifollow is very irritating. Out of interest what was traffic like getting into the ground?

A breeze, best drive in yet. Crisps a plenty in your absence too!?

Enjoy!

• What a goal that is!

• What.A.Goal

• Great goal!!

• Get in Hanlan

• Mustard!

• BRANDOOOOON

• @Shev said:
    Mustard!

It's absolutely everywhere