Skip to content

Season Ticket Seats

Comments

• The negative-grandad buying his season seat but not able to buy for his son and granddaughter.has to come back 3 days later and buy them seats elsewhere.

The negative-the STH who didn't bother to show up to our derby fixture yesterday don't bother buying villa tickets in the exclusive window this risking a non sell out

The negative-( which I don't think anyone had mentioned to date) by only allowing STH to purchase their own seats,some would and some would not,leaving a very patchy seating inventory when tickets are released to the general public.IE lots of singles and odd number groups.less sales and less revenue

• we still have single seats available and I have found in the past that providing they are reasonably close a couple can sit together by asking neighbours to adjust to create a pair together.

• Does anyone else agree that the ideal solution, in retrospect, would have been say a ticket limit of maybe 4 or 5 for STH, with the ability to buy their seat, or any other seat that does not 'belong' to a STH.

Ie, I could buy MY seat, but if I wanted 4, I'd need to pick 4 somewhere else that do not take up a STH seat.

• edited December 2015

I'm guessing a lot of the "it's fine" types are either not season ticket holders, or are terrace anyway, so don't quite get it

• @AttitudeEra Yes. Yes indeed.

• Out of interest, both Doncaster and Oxford ensured STH's could secure their usual seats for their respective 3rd round ties v Premiership teams. Oxford put tickets on general sale to everyone at the same time, but STH's were ensured of a ticket (in their usual seat) if they applied within the timeframe. Does no one at the club look at how these things are done in the real world? I didn't see anything to indicate that either Oxford or Doncaster had given 25% of the tickets to their opponents either. Nor have I seen any moaning on their forums. Oxford has sold out. Don't know about Doncaster.

• every club that do season tickets lock the seats down until after the season ticket holders priority has finished.
    It's one of those unwrittens

• I don't think the ticket selling situation with regard to the Villa match will result in fewer season ticket sales next season.

• It won't be the deciding factor but if we don't get promoted and people are weighing up whether to renew it could be a factor. The club gave such a short priority period for STH's to buy tickets (and assuming they didn't mind hanging on the phone for 20+ mins), there are likely some that missed out on getting one at all. Oxford and Doncaster STH's have until Dec 30th to buy their normal seats.

• without being harsh, I wonder if other clubs have a better online platform than ours, which means that instead of 2 or 3 poor people having to field 500 calls over 2 days, that the bulk could do it online?
    I'm certain they were delighted when it went to general sale and website sales could commence.

• They would have avoided much of the problem if on day one they had put the tickets on general sale, through the website, but with ST seats unavailable. It would only have been STH's that would have had to contact the ground direct to make a purchase, and they could have been given until Dec 31st to do so, so absolutely no rush.

• So did anyone on here actually not get their STH seat and if so how far away are they sitting now (and did they buy someone else ST!)? and if we beat Villa then I doubt that anyone will really care.
    Come on, are some saddos on here really really thinking about not getting a ST next season because of the club's method of seat allocation for this game? really...

• I have been turfed out of my seat in the Beechdean, but I can SEE it from my seat in the Family Stand.

• I have been thrown over to the other side and I am way up in the gods. It was the only place I could get that left .my new knee dangling in an aisle! Going to have to spend a lot of time fending off people attacking my operated area with my crutches. Definitely going to take me an age to get that high up and will have to make sure I arrive dehydrated so I'm not spending the entire game hobbling to the loo. :-( Would rather have been in a lower tier just to make the experience a little easier but hey ho.

• "So did anyone on here actually not get their STH seat"
    Yup, me and the friend I sit with. Didn't fancy any of the seats that were left, so opted for the Terrace. On the basis of every cup game since I can remember, we expected our seats to be available solely to us until the general sale started. This was, in fact, the main reason I became a ST holder in the first place (and have been ever since), after being unable to get a ticket for the third round tie against Norwich in 93/94.

• @FrijidPink I think you are missing the point, it's the attitude shown by the club to STH's that's the problem, and the hassle STH's were put through to try and secure a seat, either their normal one (if they were lucky) or somewhere else. Any other football club makes it easy for their most loyal supporters, giving their STH's plenty of time to buy their normal seat with no hassle at all.

• I believe the "share" scheme has taken in 700k or so (correct me if that's wrong).
    I wonder what percentage of that has come from season ticket holders.
    Would be quite surprised if it's not a very very high percentage.

Thus, cheesing off the season ticket holders isn't very clever.

• Come on, are some saddos on here really really thinking about not getting a ST next season because of the club's method of seat allocation for this game? really...

Well, what's the point? If one misses three or four home games a season when abroad, or out of town, then the season ticket isn't a money saver any more. So if the only other benefit of buying one no longer applies, why buy one?

• @drcongo - 3 reasons 1/ so I don't have to shell out £22 for each match every other week 2/ is to boost the coffers pre-season for the club when they need it most 3/so I can sit in the same place (most of the time!).

• @Malone - wrong! FA upper.

• @EwanHoosaami - when my wife had an op we asked if we could sit in the "less abled" seats at the front of the family stand. No problems and very accommodating.

• With you there @FrijidPink. Pretty extraordinary, Adam Spark, that getting an FA Cup ticket was your main reason for getting a Season Ticket!

• With you there @FrijidPink. Pretty extraordinary, Adam Spark, that getting an FA Cup ticket was your main reason for getting a Season Ticket!

• We have been "turfed out" of our normal seats although we are very close and I really don't mind in the slightest. Priority for important games is an important benefit of being a season ticket holder for me, but being guaranteed precisely my usual seat is not.

• I have a ST in the Beechdean and this is the 4th time we have been turfed out of our seat. We have been sitting in those seats since the ground opened and we like being low down, close to the pitch side and dugouts and get on well with those around us. They also indicated last close season that the issue would not arise this season as they had moved all the ST's in the Beechdean to one area so away fans could then be accommodated in another part of the stand. Clearly not the case, except of course for the directors who keep their places so why cant the ST area be left as well? The Frank Adams stand only had seats in the gods left so we are standing, and not happy. Just a quick straw poll in my office where there are STH's with clubs ranging from Premiership to Div 2 and none of them have ever needed to move seats for cup games and are given plenty of time to get their seats for big extra games, and all think WWFC are treating some of their best supporters with "contempt". Their words not mine

• i thought the sth in the beachdean were guaranteed their seats only for league games as a result of moving at the end of last season. meaning it would be unlikely to see a game like Luton again where they were given the full stand....BUT that was a league game and this is the cup.

Take a breath and get over it, go to the game and watch us defeat the villa and you can't get a ticket listen to it on player or watch it down your local on BT sport.

• I've managed to get my normal seat but I would have been thoroughly pissed off if I hadn't been able to.

To be honest it amazes me that this thread even exists. Giving people the chance to get their normal seat is such a no brainer that it beggars belief that it wasn't done. To find Wycombe supporters willing to defend them even more so.

Hopefully this is the last time this will ever happen

• It wouldn't bother me, but it clearly bothers some people. Representatives of the club read this message board so I'm sure they've taken note and I'm confident it won't happen quite the same way again.

I do think not renewing your season ticket because of this issue would be a little petty though.

• It's a cup game and need to get bums on seats. Guaranteeing sths seats would have meant pockets of empty single seats throughout the FA.

But I'm not that bothered as I got off my arise and secured my ticket and another 5 on top Monday morning when they went on sale, no queue, no being on hold for 20 mins, walked in and walked out tickets in hand in a couple of minutes.

Yes I could see it might be annoying but as in life....you snooze, you lose.

• @Ozzie_the_Relaxed Why would there have been pockets of empty seats? The club should have reserved ST seats until Dec 31st then any not sold would have been put on general sale. They had the ideal opportunity to sell them too, at the home game v Morecambe.
    All of this stuff is so simple! I don't know who makes the decisions at WWFC but they are badly out of touch.