Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackburn

Comments

• Is Scowen getting a game these days?

• Tony Mowbray looks like a man who’d rather be anywhere else in the world.

• Rovers look bang average and a side with nothing to play for. There for the taking today

• @floyd said:
    Tony Mowbray looks like a man who’d rather be anywhere else in the world.

Possibly the next job Gareth is definitely going to take?

• We'll probably have to wait for Gareth's book in a couple of decades to hear whether he actually was offered any of the string of jobs the media were all over.

• We've been so far behind all season, that it makes sense 2 days before Easter, we serve up a game as flat as pancake day

• I’ve quite enjoyed it so far, but Thommo is having a very sloppy day.

• What happened to Gape? Did it look bad ?

• @micra How do you feel about the smart meters advert that plays on iFollow talking about how they’re “‘elping bri’ain”?

• @drcongo said:
    I’ve quite enjoyed it so far, but Thommo is having a very sloppy day.

Yes, Thompson is so very good off the ball, but when he gets it, he often dithers a little too long.

I am enjoying this too. Fred and McCarthy looking industrious, though we are struggling to get Uche, Muskwe and Mehmeti involved. Uche has looked a little off the boil lately. I would not mind seeing some Kashket in the second half for a bit more pace.

• Bright start from us, Blackburn growing into the game but I think we look the more likely.

Gutted for Gapey, Adeniran looks back to early season form.

I’d like to see Stewart on for Muskwe, JJ put to left wing back, Fred alongside Uche with Mehmeti right behind them.

• Prediction for the second half - if Mehmeti gets an opportunity to get a shot off, he will score.

• Half time definitely came at the right time for us. The new formation seems to be working well, although it remains to be seen how much of that is down to taking Blackburn by surprise.

• I’d like to see Samuel on for Uche, who seems to have completely gone off the idea of getting into the box, or laying the ball off. When the wingbacks get high up the pitch we need someone who will put their all into getting into the penalty area so there’s someone to cross to.

• Dom just pulled up in the centre circle..no contact...stretchered off

• Interesting how different people see it. I know we've lacked the killer touch but we've looked lively and attacking. Back three have been very solid.

• @Shev said:
    Prediction for the second half - if Mehmeti gets an opportunity to get a shot off, he will score.

Okay - the next one.

• Fred!

• YES!

• Completely free header! Similar to the way Preston let Taff dominate in the box. Good to see us winning those battles

• Fred has been the best player on the pitch. He deserved that.

• I like how casual it was from Fred too.

Smiling with one of their players, then casually jogs a few yards, and that's enough to totally beat their marking!

• Rovers have managed to look both the best side and the worst side in the division across our two meetings. They are on a dismal run.

• I like today's co-commentator. Would be good to hear her on again.

• Has Uche done anything but foul players today?

• Fred has been good as a wing back. Surprising but great to see. Agree he deserved the goal.

• @drcongo said:
    Fred has been the best player on the pitch. He deserved that.

He really looks like a wingback doesn’t he? His best game of the season by a mile.

• Adeniran has also slotted in nicely for Gape.

• Fred definitely M of M so far.