Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackburn

12346»

Comments

• edited April 2021

@Doob said:
    Interesting list of teams there and I'd also come to the conclusion that, somewhat strangely, we've faced 'bigger' teams in tier3 over the years than in our one season in tier2, such as Leeds, Man City and Sunderland. All bigger clubs than even Blackburn!
    Oh and please Alan Parry, and your comments about Peterborough, grow up!

Don't be one of those tedious grudge holders eh doob. You re usually better than that.

• You’ve got to take every crumb of comfort you can when bottom of the league. And relishing finishing on more points that Peterborough did in their recent Championship challenge is something I’m fully on board with.

• Absolutely, @arnos_grove. Being bottom of the League is an alien experience for Wycombe fans.

• @micra said:

@ReadingMarginalista said:

@AlanCecil said:
    Our 100% home record against Premier League winners remains intact!

Far be it for me to lecture you that football wasn't invented in 1992, though Blackburn became the 12th champions of England to play a league game at Adams Park.
    Bonus point if you can name the first of those teams to play a league game at Adams Park.

To be fair, @ReadingMarginalista, the vast majority of Wycombe fans would not know (or care) how many top division champions had visited Adams Park although I’m sure that, like me, they are amazed to learn that there have been so many.

I’m guessing that, in the euphoria following an unexpected victory, @AlanCecil chose to post an off-the-cuff, tongue in cheek comment about our success against Premier League champions. I don’t think lecturing needed to come into it.

Maybe lockdown has made me particularly allergic to stats that cut off all football before August 1992 as if it never mattered. Hopefully we will be able to get a fourth consecutive win away to Rotherham today (and fourth in the Premier League era).

• Not sure why I went to such lengths @ReadingMarginalista. As soon as I posted my comment, I realised I’d overreacted and I apologise if any offence was caused. Agree about beating Rotherham today (obviously!) but puzzled by your reference to a fourth consecutive win. Have we won there on our three previous visits?

• @micra said:
    Not sure why I went to such lengths @ReadingMarginalista. As soon as I posted my comment, I realised I’d overreacted and I apologise if any offence was caused. Agree about beating Rotherham today (obviously!) but puzzled by your reference to a fourth consecutive win. Have we won there on our three previous visits?

Looking back at my initial post I thought the tone wasn't the friendliest, so I can have no complaints at you picking me up on it!
    Our last three matches away to Rotherham were as follows:

23 Oct 2010 Rotherham United v Wycombe Wanderers W 3-4 League Two
    20 Nov 2012 Rotherham United v Wycombe Wanderers W 2-3 League Two
    26 Oct 2019 Rotherham United v Wycombe Wanderers W 0-1 League One

Winning by the odd goal in 7 won't go amiss today either!

• Thanks for that @ReadingMarginalista. What an incredibly proud achievement.