Skip to content

Match day thread: Blackburn

Comments

• @Shev said:
    Has Uche done anything but foul players today?

Absolutely. Never thought I’d say it but would like to replace him with Alex Samuel.

• Horgan and Samuel for Uche and Muskwe for me

• Samuel wins free kicks; Uche concedes them.

• We have been anticipating and cutting out passes in the midfield the way other teams have been doing it to us this season. Good to see.

• We do need subs. We are gradually under the cosh, and need some fresh legs.

• Blackburn just used their fifth, too, so their energy levels will be higher.

• Stewart, Horgan, Samuel need to come on for me.

• I wish Uche would spend much less time in the channels and centre mid. I think he’d be superb if he just stayed forward and in the middle.

• Oh why no subs?

• @railwaysteve said:
    Oh why no subs?

I know. These three points are crucial. Makes second half excruciating!

• Pleeeeese, get a couple on.

• @micra said:
    Samuel wins free kicks; Uche concedes them.

Not this season he doesn't. He's generally spent most of his time trying and failing to win free kicks.
    And I'm not one of the anti-Samuel guys, as I think next season he'll be back to being a fairly regular on the pitch.

• F************!!!
    If Gareth wants the QPR/Preston/Blackburn job he needs to make sure we see this out!

• How was that not a goal?

• Spot on from co-comm on Uche: "Either he fouls a lot, or is fouled a lot"

• Love Alicia. Great (and frequent) use of “potentially”.

• Second half was torture at times, but great win!

• Terrific performance, but what has happened to that Blackburn team? Definitely in both the best and worst three teams we’ve played this season.

• LX1LX1
    edited April 2021

Anyone else suddenly thinking about tuning into the Birmingham game later?

• A league win over former Premier League champions.

• As always in football, when you play someone is a huge factor isn't it.

Caught them at a perfect time today.
    Good win, and gives us every chance of at least getting past someone, be it a Rotherham or Wednesday.

• Great result. Only worry for me is lack of subs threatened to negate all the good work. Stockdale, JJ, Knight,Grimmer, Fred and Adeniran really good today...and Anis could have had two. I know Rotherham have games in hand but they are not points yet!

• Great win today, Fred was superb and as an added bonus the key results all went our way

COYB

• It’s a good job we aren’t closer to the pack. That last 15 minutes was nerve-wracking. If the 3 points were really critical I’m not sure I’d have coped

• You have to wonder what Adeniran has done to be so far from the team for most the season. He looked superb to me

• @micra said:
    Samuel wins free kicks; Uche concedes them.

Uche not so good at conning refs!

• Ungracious @mooneyman. Alex is a devoted man of the church, He wouldn’t cheat, surely.

• Fred excelled today at wing-back, ran his socks off. Adeniran had his best game since his bright performances at the start of the season, and might get a bit more of a run if Gape and Ofoborh aren't available. Overall a decent performance that was enough to see off an out of sorts opponent that didn't look like they would score if they played on when we went back to the changing room.

• What a change from the game at Ewood Park.

We were lucky to only let in 5 that day and looked like we’d concede every time they went forward.