Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Match day thread: Barnsley

1246710

Comments

  • @JohnBoy said:
    YEah, I think it's a penalty, having watched in slow mo.
    https://imgur.com/a/wz2H5Zm

    Those two images are what I was talking about earlier

    Again, if that's not given against us people on here are wetting the bed once more

  • Its not a matchday thread without @eric_plant chastising the stupid for.not seeing and then whinging about a clear pen and @glasshalffull saying something which is absolutely disgraceful!

  • Terrible goal to concede but at least It makes the penalty conversation moot.

  • @Wendoverman said:
    Its not a matchday thread without @eric_plant chastising the stupid for.not seeing and then whinging about a clear pen and @glasshalffull saying something which is absolutely disgraceful!

    Or Oscar Wilde-esque comedy from you

  • If Stockdale had stayed on his line he would likely have saved that.

  • Well, that lucky chocolate biscuit I had at half time didn’t work.

  • @Commoner said:
    The Barnsley player has his arm outstretched in an unnatural position trying to hold Tafazolli off. Tafazolli pulls his arm away and the guy then falls over. It’s not a penalty.
    If we’re awarding penalties for that there would be one every time a corner is put in the box.

    It's pretty clear, but we've all had countless replays. The ref and lino had one viewing, and the striker has gone down and made it look like he's been dragged down.

    Ho hum - 2-0 down, game over.

    Roll on next season.

  • 2 defenders marking him and neither of them jumped for the ball

  • Another soft goal,only seen it once but McCarthy should of done better with initial ball in

  • I hope we all start falling over every time we’re in the box. Seems that’s the done thing in this division and is obviously perfectly valid.

  • I’d love to understand football enough to know why it seems like Barnsley have about 15 players. They’re everywhere.

  • @drcongo said:
    The amazing thing is, for anyone to think that Taff actually brought him down there, they’d also have to believe that arms are not jointed at the shoulder.

    Haven't seen anyone argue it was definately a penalty. You'd have to be a troll to even say it.

  • @drcongo said:
    I hope we all start falling over every time we’re in the box. Seems that’s the done thing in this division and is obviously perfectly valid.

    Yep. Ideally change to a yellow shirt too then job's a good'un

  • @drcongo said:
    I hope we all start falling over every time we’re in the box. Seems that’s the done thing in this division and is obviously perfectly valid.

    You weren't watching the QPR game then?

  • Just seen the Biffa advert behind the dug outs

    'Home of Top Bins'

    Very modern

  • Styles should be off for that

  • How has the ref not given a card for that

  • @Right_in_the_Middle said:

    @drcongo said:
    The amazing thing is, for anyone to think that Taff actually brought him down there, they’d also have to believe that arms are not jointed at the shoulder.

    Haven't seen anyone argue it was definately a penalty. You'd have to be a troll to even say it.

    Got to love that block facility eh fella :)

  • Too much diving in the box these days, spoils the game for me...’asking the ref to make a decision’...β€˜he’s felt a touch and gone down’...I hate it

  • I give up. They are just much much better at playing the ref (cheating) than us.

  • @drcongo said:
    I hope we all start falling over every time we’re in the box. Seems that’s the done thing in this division and is obviously perfectly valid.

    McCarthy had a double crack at some gamesmanship just then.
    Going down over not much, then managing to end up in a heap as if he'd been poll axed straight after.

  • We're going to be doing a lot of screaming for anything at all this half.

  • @Malone said:

    @drcongo said:
    I hope we all start falling over every time we’re in the box. Seems that’s the done thing in this division and is obviously perfectly valid.

    McCarthy had a double crack at some gamesmanship just then.
    Going down over not much, then managing to end up in a heap as if he'd been poll axed straight after.

    Styles tripped him up. Stuck a leg out. Not hard to spot

  • Nice work Macca. More of that falling over and pretending to almost dead please. I’d like to see it a bit more theatrical though, more rolling and screaming. That’s the sort of thing that convinces the ref and Eric.

  • Too many mentions of the franchise

  • @Malone said:

    @drcongo said:
    I hope we all start falling over every time we’re in the box. Seems that’s the done thing in this division and is obviously perfectly valid.

    McCarthy had a double crack at some gamesmanship just then.
    Going down over not much, then managing to end up in a heap as if he'd been poll axed straight after.

    We just aren't as skilled at gamesmanship as them. Simple really. Lesson learned ahead of our next Championship campaign. Take our reputation from L1&2 and take it to the next extreme, then we should be fine

  • @kiscokid said:

    @Malone said:

    @drcongo said:
    I hope we all start falling over every time we’re in the box. Seems that’s the done thing in this division and is obviously perfectly valid.

    McCarthy had a double crack at some gamesmanship just then.
    Going down over not much, then managing to end up in a heap as if he'd been poll axed straight after.

    Styles tripped him up. Stuck a leg out. Not hard to spot

    Wasn't worthy of staying down for a minute though. Not hard to spot.

  • @Malone said:

    @kiscokid said:

    @Malone said:

    @drcongo said:
    I hope we all start falling over every time we’re in the box. Seems that’s the done thing in this division and is obviously perfectly valid.

    McCarthy had a double crack at some gamesmanship just then.
    Going down over not much, then managing to end up in a heap as if he'd been poll axed straight after.

    Styles tripped him up. Stuck a leg out. Not hard to spot

    Wasn't worthy of staying down for a minute though. Not hard to spot.

    Clever

  • @MorrisItal_ said:
    Too many mentions of the franchise

    Turn the sound off. The cheating is even more laughable and obvious without someone talking over it

Sign In or Register to comment.