Skip to content

Kick off time v QPR

Comments

• At least the club will have a few weeks (probably months) to sort out the ticketing arrangements before they're next in use. In fact, next time it could be that we're back to full capacity. I suspect tiers won't be relaxed until full roll out to the priority vaccination groups after which all restrictions will be lifted, around Easter.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Pretty stupid move to put the tickets on sale really, isn't that going to cause a whole lot of aggro?

It was bizarre how they held off so late in the week - but then still went ahead despite surely knowing the decision was due 90mins after.
    That's the utterly odd thing.

Bit of a blow - as this rules out all 3 of our games.

Although I can't pretend that 2hours in a mask, solo was that much fun.
    At least we can still see the games online. Without that would be a disaster.

• Ok, I'm just being thick then

• @Doob said:
    But don't worry you can use the time to go the gym or get a hair cut or go to a crowded shop. Much safer than being socially distanced, outside, at a football match

Yep, bonkers.

• Oh balls! I gave up and went down to the club to gat my three tickets sorted. Ben said it was a cache issue which they had sorted. Now my lad won't be able to go to his first match this season. He had to miss the Coventry game as he was self isolating, he will be gutted when I tell him! Think maybe that's a job for his mother.

• Should change KO time to 7:45 Friday night

• So I can now travel to Oxford Street for Christmas shopping as I am no longer travelling across a tier change.

These rules really are a mess aren't they?

• Should change KO time to 7:45 Friday night

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Oh balls! I gave up and went down to the club to gat my three tickets sorted. Ben said it was a cache issue which they had sorted. Now my lad won't be able to go to his first match this season. He had to miss the Coventry game as he was self isolating, he will be gutted when I tell him! Think maybe that's a job for his mother.

Do you not like phoning people? Keep going down to the club sounds like a hassle.

• @Glenactico said:
    Should change KO time to 7:45 Friday night

That is a genius idea!
    But alas absolutely zero reason for QPR to agree to it - and would be a hassle to arrange everything so late.

• @Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Oh balls! I gave up and went down to the club to gat my three tickets sorted. Ben said it was a cache issue which they had sorted. Now my lad won't be able to go to his first match this season. He had to miss the Coventry game as he was self isolating, he will be gutted when I tell him! Think maybe that's a job for his mother.

Do you not like phoning people? Keep going down to the club sounds like a hassle.

Have you tried phoning the club @Malone? I could call the Pope and get an answer easier!

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@Malone said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

Have you tried phoning the club @Malone? I could call the Pope and get an answer easier!

Haha fair enough!
    Maybe it's harder in these covid days - always seemed fairly smooth even in the days they were taking 100s of individual ticket orders!

• @Malone said:

@Glenactico said:
    Should change KO time to 7:45 Friday night

That is a genius idea!
    But alas absolutely zero reason for QPR to agree to it - and would be a hassle to arrange everything so late.

Plus there's already a televised game in that slot

• @EwanHoosaami said:

I phoned the club loads during my season ticket issues and can say honestly I got through to someone who can help with three or four minutes each time. How far are you travelling out of interest?

• Wait, no, I see what you're getting at ?‍♂️

• Yeah, it'd be different if it was a case of the game will be postponed from Saturday on - QPR or any away club would no doubt work with us then.

But absolutely no chance they commit to a game tomorrow night!

• I phoned the Pope about my season ticket, but he pontificated so much that I went in person in the end

• Where's the nearest ground in tier 2? Could we accidentally waterlog the pitch and have to move the game?

• The Kassam is in tier 2 (unlike the team that plays there). I'm sure they'd like to see some Championship football.

• edited December 2020

Not too bothered we're now in tier 3. I've now got time to get my hair cut, a new tattoo, get my nails done and finally visit the local massage parlour and tanning saloon. I will then be ready for the five day Xmas free for all!

Where's the nearest ground in tier 2? Could we accidentally waterlog the pitch and have to move the game?

Well we could move the game to a Tier 2 stadium yes.
    But as the majority of our fans live in Tier 3 and you can't travel between a 3 and a 2 - it'd be absolutely no use!!

• edited December 2020

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    Where's the nearest ground in tier 2? Could we accidentally waterlog the pitch and have to move the game?

But as the majority of our fans live in Tier 3 and you can't travel between a 3 and a 2 - it'd be absolutely no use!!

Ah, but isn't the actual wording "should not"? ;)

The Kassam is in tier 2 (unlike the team that plays there). I'm sure they'd like to see some Championship football.

Late entry for post of the year.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    So I can now travel to Oxford Street for Christmas shopping as I am no longer travelling across a tier change.

These rules really are a mess aren't they?

It's thinking like this that makes it a mess.
    You shouldn't travel outside your own tier 3 area and even then travel within it only if it's essential, Christmas shopping on Oxford Street clearly isn't essential.

• edited December 2020

This highlights the mixed messaging of the Government though @Twizz. They say you should only do essential travelling, so therefore must consider nail, massage parlours, tanning studios etc are essential services!!

@Malone said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Ah, but isn't the actual wording "should not"? ;)

The regulations by which one is bound are here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/contents/made

No mention of restrictions on travel for Tier 3 people.

• edited December 2020

While it is not legislation, government guidance is:

Travelling into or out of a Tier 3 alert level area
    Avoid travelling outside your area, including for overnight stays, other than where necessary, such as:

for work
    for education
    to access voluntary, charitable or youth services
    because of caring responsibilities
    for moving home
    to visit your support bubble
    for a medical appointment or treatment
    Where necessary, you can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey.

If you live in a Tier 3 area, you must continue to follow Tier 3 rules when you travel to a Tier 1 or Tier 2 area. You must not stay with anyone you do not live with elsewhere in the UK or visit their home (unless you share a support bubble).

• @HCBlue, you don't think there are any restriction
    on gatherings provided by Schedule 3 (Tier 3 Restrictions)?

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/schedule/3/made

• Anyone provide the statistics as to why Bucks is now in Tier 3?