Skip to content

Kick off time v QPR

Comments

• edited December 2020

Tier 3 isn't different enough to tier 2.

Maybe the Government need to check how big a jump it is from League One to the Championship

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

You obviously don’t visit hospitality venues often. Very, very different. My lunch in Nottingham yesterday was a sandwich eaten in a bus shelter in the pissing rain. At least the hopeful pigeon that joined me remained socially distanced at all times.

I dream of 30 mins in a warm cafe.

• @arnos_grove said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

You obviously don’t visit hospitality venues often. Very, very different. My lunch in Nottingham yesterday was a sandwich eaten in a bus shelter in the pissing rain. At least the hopeful pigeon that joined me remained socially distanced at all times.

I dream of 30 mins in a warm cafe.

One example of a difference and if I were in charge something I would change straight away. I really think pubs and restaurants should be open and shops and schools closed.

• The problem for this government is like the Brexit thing all over again...experts predict caution and potentially disastrous consequences but gob on a stick backbenchers cry 'Fake News. Project Fear. Oppression. Civil Liberties' etc etc. Only in this case rather than just an excuse to make jokes about foreigners and invoke the war (although Boz keeps trying) or the default of handing out government contracts to mates or pretend companies this issue actually KILLS people...so they are under the microscope. In their hearts they (as per the alleged Cummings plan) would like to restrict nothing and see how it plans out but also recognise lots of dead bodies being reported on the lamestream media (even if people argue about the numbers) is bad for the polls. Hence trying to please everyone and getting very little right. This may explain why landlocked Germany (pop 83 million) has 24,000 dead and the UK (pop 67 million and AN ISLAND!) has nearly 66,000 dead. I know that luckily I don't have to make those decisions and other opinions are available. I also expected to be in Tier Three soon...though I thought they would hold out until after the sales.

• @Twizz said:
    @HCBlue, you don't think there are any restriction
    on gatherings provided by Schedule 3 (Tier 3 Restrictions)?

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/schedule/3/made

I'm not sure where you thought I said such a thing.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@EwanHoosaami said:

Do you not like phoning people? Keep going down to the club sounds like a hassle.

Have you tried phoning the club @Malone? I could call the Pope and get an answer easier!

I phoned the club loads during my season ticket issues and can say honestly I got through to someone who can help with three or four minutes each time. How far are you travelling out of interest?

I live in Widmer End Righty.

• Raises so many questions.
    Presuming it's a residential house - how massive is it? Or were the 200 people seriously in each other's faces up close!
    And how can they shut a residential place down for 3months?

Bizarre all round before you even ask who these idiot organisers are.

Maybe it's the "Flackwell shakes" guys dipping into new territory.

• @LX1 said:
    I phoned the Pope about my season ticket, but he pontificated so much that I went in person in the end

Well, after calling the Vatican was advised to phone the Nevis Marks synagogue. They charged me a fiver to advise me to go to the club it would be quicker!

• @Malone said:

Raises so many questions.
    Presuming it's a residential house - how massive is it? Or were the 200 people seriously in each other's faces up close!

Surely you've been to parties like that @malone? Marlow Hill used to be famous for them.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

Surely you've been to parties like that @malone? Marlow Hill used to be famous for them.

Honestly can't envisage where. Are we talking up near the grammar schools somewhere? Or one of the houses on the right hand side?
    Probably a sign of my age creeping up that my first thought is where would you park.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:

Honestly can't envisage where. Are we talking up near the grammar schools somewhere? Or one of the houses on the right hand side?
    Probably a sign of my age creeping up that my first thought is where would you park.

Aye, lots of big gardens back there if it's where i'm thinking of. Parking is increasingly my first concern when i plan an activity.

• Mine is generally "what's the earliest I could leave without seeming rude?"

• @eric_plant said:
    Mine is generally "what's the earliest I could leave without seeming rude?"

Arrive early, make sure enough people see you, get out of there.

• Parking? tick! Unhappy not drinking because of driving? Tick! It's a bit loud? tick! When can we go? tick!

• @floyd said:

@eric_plant said:

Classic playbook.

There are very few things you can arrange in life that you wouldn't immediately be privately pleased if someone else were to cancel

• @Wendoverman said:
    Parking? tick! Unhappy not drinking because of driving? Tick! It's a bit loud? tick! When can we go? tick!

After you've scoffed all the crisps on display of course!

• Regarding QPR...a glance at their forum suggests they think not only is Saturday a 'must win' game for them but that Mark Warburton might be on his way. Nice to get a win...but hopefully not at the cost iof opening a job opportunity for the Wild Thing! :smiley:

• @Wendoverman said:
    Regarding QPR...a glance at their forum suggests they think not only is Saturday a 'must win' game for them but that Mark Warburton might be on his way. Nice to get a win...but hopefully not at the cost iof opening a job opportunity for the Wild Thing! :smiley:

If the QPR circus comes around this time I think we're 100% safe.
    If we go down and it comes up next season though - that could be curtains.

• @eric_plant said:

@floyd said:

@eric_plant said:

Classic playbook.

There are very few things you can arrange in life that you wouldn't immediately be privately pleased if someone else were to cancel

Exactly right.

• You could be right @Malone as there were some uncomplimentary words about his playing style later on in the thread. Sad thing is we are so unloved...his job is probably safe and he is unlikely to be poached until Rob C decides to go for Neil Warnock.

• edited December 2020

@floyd said:

@eric_plant said:

@floyd said:

@eric_plant said:

Classic playbook.

Exactly right.

Are there some of us quietly relieved we can say we've got to stay at home at Christmas in a bubble without going out and meeting people or having them arrive at our homes? Just me then?

• @HCblue said:

@Twizz said:

Maybe because you said this ...

The regulations by which one is bound are here:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/contents/made

No mention of restrictions on travel for Tier 3 people.

• @Wendoverman said:

@floyd said:

@eric_plant said:

@floyd said:

@eric_plant said:

Classic playbook.

Exactly right.

Are there some of us quietly relieved we can say we've got to stay at home at Christmas in a bubble without going out and meeting people or having them arrive at our homes? Just me then?

Ideal! ????

• @Twizz said:

@HCblue said:

@Twizz said:

Maybe because you said this ...

The regulations by which one is bound are here:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1374/contents/made

No mention of restrictions on travel for Tier 3 people.

...which refers to travelling, of which the regulations make no mention, and does not refer to gathering. I thus remain unsure of what you mean to say.

• @Wendoverman said:

Not just you. It’s been a bloody hard year and whilst, one we can, I’ll be hugging all and sundry, two full weeks off work with no-one to see except Her Indoors and the dog feels akin to a mindfulness retreat but with booze, crisps and footy on the telly.

• edited December 2020

@HCblue you are suggesting that there are no restrictions on travel under Tier 3 restrictions.
    That's fine, although I'd ask what is the purpose of your travel?

I was commenting on RITM saying that he can travel to Oxford Street for his Christmas Shopping.
    Clearly I read the Tier 3 restrictions differently to you as I can't see how that action complies.

No person living in the Tier 3 area (Bucks) may participate in a gathering outside that area (Oxford Street) which—

(a)consists of two or more people, and
    (b)takes place in a private dwelling or in any indoor space.
    unless
    any of the exceptions set out in paragraph 4 or 5 applies.

I don't see Christmas Shopping as an exception.

• edited December 2020

@Twizz I trust that a fair-minded reader of my original post would concede that it was made in reply to a correspondence about the hypothetical viability of playing home games before a crowd in Oxford and the legality of travelling to such a game and judge it in that context.

The Regs make no limitation that I have noticed on travel, whatever its purpose. There is no restriction on leaving your home, regardless of your intent. Reg. 2(6)(e) defines "gathering" in the following terms:

"a gathering takes place when two or more persons are present together in the same place in order—
    (i) to engage in any form of social interaction with each other, or
    (ii) to undertake any other activity with each other".

Shopping, Christmas or otherwise, would not fall within that category simply because more than one person was present in the shop and thus requires no exception to the prohibition against gatherings, assuming that no more than one person or household was engaged on the task together.