Skip to content

Match day thread: Bournemouth

15678911»

Comments

• Pattison's casual hand in the air apology was a bit "yeah it's a foul honest cop guv".
    It didn't look like he thought a red was coming.

• It looked like a "please just book me" plea to me

No point hammering the bloke though, I dare say he feels awful about it

Roll on Saturday, and I fancy us for a win. Just love the togetherness and spirit of this side. That will set them apart from other teams at the bottom when push comes to shove

• 80th minute equaliser and 98th minute winner for Blackburn against Rotherham, keeps Rotherham on 16 points - huge psychological blow for them?

• edited December 2020

@chairboyscentral said:
    Derby 2-0 up against Swansea at half-time. Saturday might be about to become even more must-win.

Is even more must win more must win than must win?
    Surely once you've lost a must win game there can be no more must win games?

• Ha ha, I agree with Righty

Calling games "must win" is proved a nonsense as soon as we don't win it

• @eric_plant said:
    Ha ha, I agree with Righty

Is it worth arguing about? At what point does it become a "must win" argument?

• @StrongestTeam said:

@eric_plant said:

When we are 12 points from safety and playing our 42nd game!

• @eric_plant said:
    Just love the togetherness and spirit of this side. That will set them apart from other teams at the bottom when push comes to shove

And some at the top too given the behaviour of a couple of Bournemouth players on Tuesday night.

• @floyd said:
    @Watford_Blue did you ask your Bournemouth mate about the couple of incidents between their two players? It would have ruined the win for me, but perhaps this sort of thing is part and parcel of the level they aspire to.

Bournemouth fan replied

"The 2 player incident was handbags at 10 paces and they reportedly made up after the game LOL!"

• Just got round to watching Gareth’s post match interview at Bournemouth. How refreshing to hear his positivity and enthusiasm in the wake of a disappointing defeat but excellent performance. He displayed exactly the kind of attitude we will need to keep believing that things could change in our favour in the second half of the season.
    He has always preached the need to ‘Keep the faith’ and he is right.

• @mooneyman said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@eric_plant said:

When we are 12 points from safety and playing our 42nd game!

Or maybe our 43rd game in that situation! It doesn’t bear thinking about.

• At least we know none of our players would ever do this.

They were paid late and not in full last month too. Pulis already looks fed up with the state of things. We were always likely to need a crisis club to help us out and we might have got it.

• As SW are below us though, as they have been all season we'll need a lot more help than that!

• Of course, but it's nice to have one team who we can be semi-confident will stay below us.

• It is hard to see two others at this moment in time though, admittedly (hoping to be feeling much more upbeat come 5pm tomorrow!).

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It is hard to see two others at this moment in time though, admittedly (hoping to be feeling much more upbeat come 5pm tomorrow!).

I suggest you watch Gaza’s post match interview from Bournemouth as I mentioned above.

• edited December 2020

@chairboyscentral said:

Pulis already looks fed up with the state of things.

Probably don't watch enough football to be sure but does Tony Pullis ever look anything other than fed up?

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@chairboyscentral said:

Pulis already looks fed up with the state of things.

Probably don't watch enough football to be sure but does Tony Pullis ever look anything other than fed up?

That is a very fair point!

• @glasshalffull said:

@chairboyscentral said:
    It is hard to see two others at this moment in time though, admittedly (hoping to be feeling much more upbeat come 5pm tomorrow!).

I suggest you watch Gaza’s post match interview from Bournemouth as I mentioned above.

To be fair @chairboyscentral if you saw our performance Tuesday that in itself should give cause for optimism. As I said for the first time since Wembley it made me feel we’ve got enough about us to stay up. (Still predicting a defeat tomorrow. Reckon we’ll have a run of 4-5 wins in 6 games in Feb/March to get us back to the pack)

• With a self-avowed pessimist such as yourself saying that, @bookertease, I suddenly feel a lot more confident we are going to be fine!

• @bookertease said:

@glasshalffull said:

@chairboyscentral said:

To be fair @chairboyscentral if you saw our performance Tuesday that in itself should give cause for optimism. As I said for the first time since Wembley it made me feel we’ve got enough about us to stay up. (Still predicting a defeat tomorrow. Reckon we’ll have a run of 4-5 wins in 6 games in Feb/March to get us back to the pack)

It was our best performance of the season, but we need to start winning games again - beginning tomorrow.

• I’d be happy with a point at this stage. Keep Yolt he scoreboard ticking over