Skip to content

Sky crowd noise

Comments

• I can heartily recommend the new film White Riot about the formation of Rock Against Racism especially for those who wax lyrical about the olden days. Some of the footage is chilling but it is certainly how I remember the 1970s. We've come a long way to be sure, but it is a very apt reminder of what we moved on from and how much further we need to go. (though it is sad when your childhood is now ancient history!!!)

• Thanks for posting that @Croider. I fear that education is going to take a generation or two. The thumbs down to @Lloyd2084’s post at 11.55 are witness to that.

• Shows how slow I am. @Wendoverman wrote his post faster than I tapped out my much shorter one. Will look out for that film.

• I'm an old punk rocker you see @micra start off at speed play for 1 minute and 30 seconds...then get off the stage.

• Very powerful, very moving - I just hope lots of people watch it and think about what they both had to say

• I actually really like the crowd noise, looks like I am in a small minority

• @DJWYC14 said:
    I actually really like the crowd noise, looks like I am in a small minority

Totally agree. I find the games without it totally unwatchable. Ours aside obviously!

I'm glad it was Bill and co chanting, as I feared some of our usuals were loitering somewhere near by!

• I was sat next to Bill (socially distanced, of course) in the media seats and he was certainly vocal.

• Thought it was Bill, when I heard it on Sky! Indeed it made many of our family chuckle.

• We had a small group of ‘supporters’ that also included Jason McCarthy, Craig Mackail Smith, Jacob Gardiner-Smith and Sido Jombati. Hoping for an unchanged ‘team’ for Wembley!

• @glasshalffull Do you know something we don't regarding Sido being unable to play?

• https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/09/banning-away-support-being-considered-to-get-fans-into-grounds-next-season?__twitter_impression=true

Some interesting thoughts on reduced capacity attendances next season, quite in line with what the Couhig's suggested some weeks ago

• Interesting article.

For us at Wycombe the less than superb access might actually help. Compare it to say Arsenal where 10s of thousands queue and cram straight onto the tube after.

After sitting in narrow rows where the "brush past" risk would be high.

Banning away fans does seem the way though. For us that opens up the 1,800 in the away end meaning spacing 2,500 or even 3,000 out becomes much easier

• I would imagine they'll keep the terrace closed in that eventuality

• @eric_plant said:
    I would imagine they'll keep the terrace closed in that eventuality

Wouldn’t we have to make the terrace seated once we’re established in the Championship anyway

• No, we'd have 3 years, were we to remain at that level (or above)

• I think “established” is the key word @carrickblue. I think there is a period of grace before seating throughout the stadium becomes a requirement. I’m too tired/lazy to search for specific information.
    Also, not keen to count chicken!

• @eric_plant are you suggesting that with no away fans, the terrace is closed and those who have season tickets there will have to randomly spread themselves out across the away end seats instead?

• Would Oxford need to build a completed stadium if they went up?

• @carrickblue said:

@eric_plant said:
    I would imagine they'll keep the terrace closed in that eventuality

Wouldn’t we have to make the terrace seated once we’re established in the Championship anyway

3 years used to be the rule.

You can get away with longer if you have plans for a new stadium, as per Brentford's example

We saw the complaints at the season ticket costs, the complaints at no terrace would go on for months.

• edited July 2020

@Malone I would be most aggrieved if the price of success (or even progress, in the eyes of the owners) was the eventual loss of the terrace. But I doubt I would be moaning about it for months. Half a century of standing watching Wycombe from behind the goal would take years to get over...

• @LeedsBlue said:
    @Malone I would be most aggrieved if the price of success (or even progress, in the eyes of the owners) was the eventual loss of the terrace. But I doubt I would be moaning about it for months. Half a century of standing watching Wycombe from behind the goal would take years to get over...

You adapted to the ground move, so I'm sure you'll adapt to seating, and £50 tickets in 2 years watching us v Man City.

• It would be a tragedy to get rid of the terrace. Hopefully safe standing has been adopted by then.

• We'll be going back down next year if we get promoted, so not really much to worry about.

• Awful post

• @Chris said:
    We'll be going back down next year if we get promoted, so not really much to worry about.

That's the spirit

• I had to look again to see who posted that...evidence that @Chris IS richiemu if ever we needed it! :wink:

• I don’t know who our referees would be though.