Skip to content

Sky crowd noise

13»

Comments

• Has anyone commented on Robert Jones?
    Is he highly rated? Must admit I’d not heard his name before.

• @Lloyd2084 said:

My brain is filled with overused footie game phrases from over the years. They are quite sophisticated now, but were quite comedic in the late 90s as games struggled to find the right context for the limited quotes.

I still have Alan Green remonstrating ‘he got the man, not the ball’ in my head whenever I see a bad tackle thanks to overplaying a poor PSX game at uni!

I haven’t played football console games for a long time, but I do recall one of the early FIFA games (04 I think) whereby John Motson would show consistent but worrying signs of senility by confusing former WWFC long throw supremo Richard Harris with a prominent Czech international centre back of the time.

That one’s burned into my brain.

(on the approach to goal) “Suchoparek...” (after the inevitable and realistic pinpoint finish)... “SUCHOPAREK!!!”

Given Motty’s reputation for meticulous precision in his pre-game research, frankly you’d have hoped he’d try a bit harder.

Some might try to blame some lazy programmer who couldn’t be arsed to get some random lower league player’s name right, but I’m sure it’s not that simple.

• I know it’s late @PBo and I’m old and slightly out of touch but what is that all about?!!

• @Chris said:
    We'll be going back down next year if we get promoted, so not really much to worry about.

Did you really mean to post that?

• @glasshalffull said:
    We had a small group of ‘supporters’ that also included Jason McCarthy, Craig Mackail Smith, Jacob Gardiner-Smith and Sido Jombati. Hoping for an unchanged ‘team’ for Wembley!

That was so great, hearing "Chairboys ... Barmy Army!" From the santds. I joined in as I would do on the Terrace on a matchday BC. Hope you can keep that going for the final. I'll take that over the canned crowd noise any day.

COYB!

• @glasshalffull said:

@Chris said:
    We'll be going back down next year if we get promoted, so not really much to worry about.

Did you really mean to post that?

It really did set my mind at ease - I was worried we would stay up.

• Put these youtube on loop