Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood (Second Leg)

Comments

• edited July 2020

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Might have mentioned this a few times before but a penalty shoot out in a play off semi final is utterly pointless. The league season is and should be the tiebreaker.

So you think if it's a draw they should suddenly revert to who finished higher in the league?
    That's ridiculous. It's either on league position to start with without playoffs or it's a knockout playoff competition which needs a tiebreak of extra time then pens.

• Really disappointed at how passive we are.

• Thanks goodness for the five subs!

• We needed this cooling break.

• Hopefully their goal will wake us up

• We need to get Bayo on to have an outlet up front. It is much to easy for Fleetwood at the moment.

• @Shev said:
    I do think we are going to go through, but I ALSO think there will be a point in the game where I am sure we are going to mess it up.

As I was saying...

• Seriously need to get a hold on this

• we are a million miles off the pace...if we don't switch on we will go out

• Wish we kept it in the deck abit more instead of long balls

• The belief and confidence in our team from some Gasroomers, especially in the bad patches of a game, brings a tear to the eye.

• Doesn't take much for the hyperbole to come out does it

• Oh dear...a shot from our team...it's like they want to equalise. How can this be?

• Would u like it to be 4-4 on agg before anybody says anything

• Need to get to HT with no further damage here

• Looks like a groin strain for Blooms.

Hopefully Thompson helps liven us up

• @emu80 said:
    Would u like it to be 4-4 on agg before anybody says anything

Yeah that's right...

• Obviously, like some on here I am very surprised to see Fleetwood coming at us in strength to try and level the tie.

• Clearly we've been poor, but it's a product of going so hard in the first leg.

• Playing underdog against Fleetwood it seems pathetic

• Our pitch looks massive

• @trevor said:
    Playing underdog against Fleetwood it seems pathetic

Hey. Welcome back. We’ve been worried about you!

• @trevor said:

Have you been away Trev? We won the first leg. It was a good game. Highlights are on Youtube .

• @trevor said:

Where were you on Friday out of interest? Bore off.

• 4-2 up and I've never been so uneasy!

• That first half was everything I was worried about.

• Complete opposite of the display on Friday so far. Was surprised we stuck with the same lineup.
    But thank the lucky stars they didn't give a pen v Stewart or we'd really be squeaking on our seats.

• It’s going exactly the way I thought it would! Fleetwood have got to run out of steam eventually.

• Yeah, naming the same 11 has backfired. At least one of Smyth and Kashket to come on at HT? Bayo too maybe? A couple of magic makers to make use of the likely gaps we'll get, plus the big man to give them something to think about at least? 1-8 on shots, 22%-78% on possession ?

• We are simply inviting pressure, like Burnley playing Man City. That being said, I feel Nnamdi and Fred look positive on the ball, when they get it, and Alex is still running his heart out. Maybe tire them out, for the Beast and friends?