Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood (Second Leg)

Comments

• @emu80 said:
    We cant even get the ball lol

It's an old song, but I have no idea why you claim to support this team. Your posts are either sneering at them or the other fans on here. You constantly talk up other teams against us, had them losing before a ball was kicked and now seem to be revelling in it.

• Interesting observation @bigred87. I’ve not noticed if the pitch has been restored to its original width but, if it has, it is the same size as the old Wembley pitch. Not sure about new Wembley.

• @floyd said:
    It’s going exactly the way I thought it would! Fleetwood have got to run out of steam eventually.

But we’re the ones running around like headless chickens. Fleetwood’s players have barely had to move.

• Lucky with the Pen, that was a nailed on. I'd defo bring Bayo on, and Smyth

• I didn’t come here for your facts @drcongo

• It’s far from pretty.

• @micra said:
    Interesting observation @bigred87. I’ve not noticed if the pitch has been restored to its original width but, if it has, it is the same size as the old Wembley pitch. Not sure about new Wembley.

It hasn't been. There was a close up of the massive gap to the main stand, and it's still a good couple of metres indent.

• @floyd said:
    It’s going exactly the way I thought it would! Fleetwood have got to run out of steam eventually.

They don't strike me as going gung ho max effort though.

We're in a real bit of trouble here, but hopefully half time will give us a chance to fix it.

• What is it with all the hair loss, and erectile dysfunction ads on sky at half time ?

• @Shev said:
    We are simply inviting pressure, like Burnley playing Man City. That being said, I feel Nnamdi and Fred look positive on the ball, when they get it, and Alex is still running his heart out. Maybe tire them out, for the Beast and friends?

Tell Samuel to absolutely muller himself for 15, and then get Bayo on.

• Sat back far too much for the first 25 minutes and only seemed to perk up towards the end of the half, the positive is that we are only down by 1, it could easily have been 2 or 3. I dont think (hope) we can be that poor in the second half - fingers crossed.

• edited July 2020

Quick, how can we put a pessimistic spin on that?!

• YEEEESSS Fred! 1-1.

• Dogshit football

• Oh Fred you Beauty

• Thank god for that !!!

• Tumbleweed rolls across the screen, a bell tolls mournfully and then just silence...

• Superb.

What the heck was their man doing. Just totally undone all their good work

• And breathe!!!!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Quick, how can we put a pessimistic spin on that?!

Fred is to be replaced by Ruth on 3k a week...

• What is your problem @Wendoverman

• @Wendoverman said:

@emu80 said:
    We cant even get the ball lol

It's an old song, but I have no idea why you claim to support this team. Your posts are either sneering at them or the other fans on here. You constantly talk up other teams against us, had them losing before a ball was kicked and now seem to be revelling in it.

With you? This.

• Damn why dive in there JJ?

• The key here is running at the cart horse. He’s got the turning circle of an oil tanker.

• @emu80 said:
    What is your problem @Wendoverman

Crisp deprivation!

• Must keep it tight here

• @mooneyman said:

@emu80 said:
    What is your problem @Wendoverman

Crisp deprivation!

i'm in lockdown mate...a veritable sea of potato snacks.

• The Pattison change was a strange one, nothing on our right now.

• yup wheeler was a bit quiet...but he usually is!

• Would love to see Smyth at some point tonight, I think we need someone other than Fred being the speedy dangerman