Skip to content

Match day thread: Fleetwood (Second Leg)

Comments

• Bookings from the season dont count anyway only a red tonight for anybody or a positive corona test would stop a player featuring in the final.

• It’ll be 4-4 on aggregate with 10 minutes to go, when some cardboard cuts will inexplicably start leaving the ground.

• Will they cut(out) and run ?

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@aloysius said:
    If Oxford vs Portsmouth goes to extra time and penalties, does anyone know if our match will be delayed? Or will Sky stick it on a different channel? Or will the first few minutes not be broadcast?

Looks like the Pompey Oxford game has been shifted forward half an hour, probably to allow for such a scenario.

If tonight goes to extra time it'll be the same as friday. Ours will be delayed. If it goes to pens even more so.

They should have had our games at 7.45

Yes they have an 8pm on too, but you'll either be a lower league watcher or you won't.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    If we get through tonight, whose cardboard cutout is going on the pitch?

Disappointing lack of ‘limbs’ on those cutouts.

• I cannot concentrate on anything today. Can we just get this on now?

• @Malone said:

If tonight goes to extra time it'll be the same as friday. Ours will be delayed. If it goes to pens even more so.

Yes they have an 8pm on too, but you'll either be a lower league watcher or you won't.

Oxford match is on Sky Main Event ,followed on there by the prem match at 8, so allows for extra time and pens.

We are on Sky Football so no need to delay our kick off - just might not know the result of Oxford till about 15-20 mins into our game.

• @carrickblue said:

@Malone said:

Oxford match is on Sky Main Event ,followed on there by the prem match at 8, so allows for extra time and pens.

We are on Sky Football so no need to delay our kick off - just might not know the result of Oxford till about 15-20 mins into our game.

That makes a lot more sense than what happened on Friday.

With us getting a delayed game and about 15seconds of build up. Dreadful scheduling.

• Oxford kicks off at 5 so will easily be finished by 7.30

• @emu80 said:
    Oxford kicks off at 5 so will easily be finished by 7.30

Unless there's extra time and pens which will easily see it go over.

• Ok, no takers! My acronym stands for Absolutely No Room For Complacency. There isn’t and there won’t be. As the day wears on I’m becoming increasingly relaxed ? and confident. Not sure whether to wait until next Tuesday though to have the truly unruly mop removed.

• @Malone said:

@carrickblue said:

@Malone said:

That makes a lot more sense than what happened on Friday.

With us getting a delayed game and about 15seconds of build up. Dreadful scheduling.

In my experience of sky although you might get an hour of blather and information before Burnley v Southampton for League One you're lucky if you see the teamsheet and Lee Hendrie in headphones before they've kicked off...

• @micra said:
    Ok, no takers! My acronym stands for Absolutely No Room For Complacency. There isn’t and there won’t be. As the day wears on I’m becoming increasingly relaxed ? and confident. Not sure whether to wait until next Tuesday though to have the truly unruly mop removed.

Tut tut, that's not an acronym

I'm surprised at you

• Still awaiting my programme. At least it will be a mint collectors edition when it does arrive

• @JohnnyAllAlone said:
    Still awaiting my programme. At least it will be a mint collectors edition when it does arrive

They arrive in a see through plastic wrapper, a beautiful thing, surprising more haven't been half inched en route.

• I don't have mine either. Club Tweeted to let them know if it didn't arrive today, I have but not heard anything back

• I must admit...I haven't opened mine yet...I never got around to it before the first game and don;t think I will now until we are safely through! (Not superstitious at all...)

• @emu80 said:
    Oxford kicks off at 5 so will easily be finished by 7.30

So easily that on Friday they kicked off at 5.30 and ran in to our kick off at 7.30
    Add a 30 min extra time, faffing to set that up and all the time it takes for penalties I am sure an extra minutes will do it. How long is extra time anyway?

• Weirdly I am feeling worse more nervous before this game than I can remember for a long time.

• You can still get pretty decent odds on Allsop to be booked. Bookies are missing a trick here surely...

• It's amazing what a bit of pressure can do, 90 minutes from being 90 minutes from the Chanpionship.
    Logically we've only had one shocker at home this season to Coventry, the result in that game would allow us to play-out extra time as a minimum. Chances of a repeat fo that feel slim.
    I'm quietly confident we can progress but the butterflies are still there.
    Let's hope it's not like Coventry in the League Cup all those years ago! I'd quite happily see a Macclesfield esque goal-fest with a Jack Grimmer 25 yard super volley...

• @chairboyscentral said:
    You can still get pretty decent odds on Allsop to be booked. Bookies are missing a trick here surely...

The bookies must have a fair idea that we will score at least two early goals.

• It’s that stat that makes me nervous. No team has ever come back from a 3 goal deficit in the play offs.

If any team can fuck it up it’s Wycombe Wanderers. Much to the delight of everyone else in League one.

• Like everyone i am supremely confident and then not. Defence would have to have an absolute shocker and we would need to.present absolutely no goal.threat but...hey...this is football and we all know that we all know nothing!! Still exciting times.

You can still get pretty decent odds on Allsop to be booked. Bookies are missing a trick here surely...

Good shout

• @Wendoverman said:
    Like everyone i am supremely confident and then not. Defence would have to have an absolute shocker and we would need to.present absolutely no goal.threat but...hey...this is football and we all know that we all know nothing!! Still exciting times.

There's that little niggle that we could have pushed on for a 5th a little more in the first game, but then you feel like an absolutely greedy idiot for not being delighted at a 4-1 away win!

• I do think we are going to go through, but I ALSO think there will be a point in the game where I am sure we are going to mess it up.

• ...and I am glad the players do not think like me!

Looks like 14/1 at V Bet which has got to be worth a couple of pounds.

• Gracious me, if people are this nervous with a 4-1 lead just imagine what it will be like if we reach the final!