Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

1235»

Comments

• No, according to the entitled Oxford masses, we're the worst team they've played this season, how can we possibly be top, how can we watch that every week and obviously we're just dirty cheats. Had it all since yesterday. Shame, as Oxford were very good but the superiority complex of a lot if their fanbase is embarrassing.

• was 2 yellows and cannot be changed.

• To be fair moushino did a great job of distracting attention from his appalling tackle on kashket!

• edited December 2019

It wasn't Mousinho who made the tackle, which I think was fine having seen it a few times - not that dissimilar to Bloomfield's at Tranmere.

• @rmjlondon said:
    was 2 yellows and cannot be changed.

Welcome back Richie. I had a feeling you would resurface as soon as we lost a game!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    It wasn't Mousinho who made the tackle, which I think was fine having seen it a few times - not that dissimilar to Bloomfield's Tranmere.

It wasn't "fine", as the ref booked him.

These days you can't cut someone in half and claim you "won the ball"

• @railwaysteve said:
    The team are going to need all the support and positivity we can muster if the club's report is correct and it was a straight red and not a 2nd yellow and then a red, I assume Bayo can't play until after New Years Day.

"In what was already proving to be a feisty encounter, the Wanderers were reduced to ten men after an altercation broke out following a nasty challenge from John Mousinho on Kashket. Akinfenwa joined the melee and appeared to grab hold of an Oxford player, forcing the referee to produce a straight red card."

Apologies if I am wrong.

Club website article has now been corrected to confirm what we saw on tv that it was a second yellow for Bayo followed by a red. I presume he will just miss Boxing Day.

• Thanks @AlanCecil for the post.

It is still true we will need to muster the support for the team for the next 3 games - and what a team we have.

• How many are we likely to take to Pompey?

How many are we likely to take to Pompey?

At least eleven.

• Seeing as this season may eventually prove movie worthy, we may well see the classic three acts:

Act 1: The story opens, and by the end of the act, there is a happy montage of everything going right for the protagonist (montage = recent unbeaten run).

Act 2: New problems are introduced, and suddenly things seem very difficult for the protagonist to overcome (yesterday'as defeat + upcoming brutal run of fixtures?)

Act 3: The protagonist finally overcomes, and the final victory is sweeter as a result of the heightened challenges along the way, that taught the protagonist new things (Finishing kick at the end of the season?)

Either way, I have a feeling we won't be able to truly judge the season till it is over (which is not always the case - as in mid table mediocrity, which is seen coming a mile off). This is an awesome team, and the story so far is a thriller!

• I still think we'll get two draws and a win from the next three, although it would be absolutely typical for Coventry to get their first away win of the season at Adams Park.

• No chance of a points deduction but glad they're taking action on this. I've never understood the need for flares.

• What a strange Twitter feed? Is there a TVP Traffic one digging out people speeding?

• The police do seem to have joined the 'banter generation' - not sure it's necessary or works tbh.

• Good job there wasnt the threat of points deductions in the 70's !! We would have been in a worse position than Bolton.

I still think we'll get two draws and a win from the next three, although it would be absolutely typical for Coventry to get their first away win of the season at Adams Park.

Cov haven't won away in the league?! Wow.
    They are a total bogey team for us in recent years and are a huge threat though.
    Especially as (I think) they don't play Boxing day, so have extra prep.

No chance of a points deduction but glad they're taking action on this. I've never understood the need for flares.

First response is an absolute goon threatening to drink drive if they're punished?!

And lower down is someone blaming the stewards for "letting it in".

Amazing.

• Nope, but they've also only lost twice away. Yep, no game Boxing Day because of Bury.

No chance of a points deduction but glad they're taking action on this. I've never understood the need for flares.

This one surely has to be the most comical response from the PNL fans. "Forgive me, but I saw a flare come from the Wycombe end the second oxford scored, certainly didn’t look like it came from the oxford end?". A YELLOW flare - the second OXFORD scored?

• Bayo probably threw it at John Moushino. The Oxford forum has the usual...anti-football, I would not want to watch this every week, they won't be top for long. We've played everyone and only lost twice....that's not bad is it?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Bayo probably threw it at John Moushino. The Oxford forum has the usual...anti-football, I would not want to watch this every week, they won't be top for long. We've played everyone and only lost twice....that's not bad is it?

Haven't played cov yet. But yes agree.

• @Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Bayo probably threw it at John Moushino. The Oxford forum has the usual...anti-football, I would not want to watch this every week, they won't be top for long. We've played everyone and only lost twice....that's not bad is it?

Ah...yes, we are due a home win against Coventry.

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@Wendoverman said:

Ah...yes, we are due a home win against Coventry.

And pigs are due to start flying any day now.