Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford

Comments

• Embarrassing from that Oxford player.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    I don't like to say it, but that defeat is on Bayo. Regardless of how Mousinho has acted, moment of idiocy from our most experienced player. He should know much, much better.

Sanctimonious drivel

• edited December 2019

He grabbed Mousinho's throat, however lightly. No matter how pathetically he reacted, that's idiotic - especially on a yellow already.

• Could have been a straight red with some refs.

• MBSMBS
    edited December 2019

Some serious shithousery from Moushino to get Akinfenwa sent off, straight out of the RADA academy. Still, on reflection, Allsop went to the same drama school so we can’t complain too much.

• @mooneyman said:
    Could have been a straight red with some refs.

Is it not meant to be a straight red by the letter of the law?

• @MBS said:
    Some serious shithousery from Moushino to get Akinfenwa sent off, straight out of the RADA academy. Still, on reflection, Allsop went to the same drama school so we can’t complain too much.

I don't think we are anyone to judge "shithousery" if opposition's fans' views count for anything

• Bad day at the office all around really. Just not quite up to the high standards we have set ourselves. Smyth and Aarons looked the most likely to unlock them but they kept the ball well (albeit against ten men) and were generally good value for the win. That is one I will watch again on ifollow

Shame to lose but, well, we go again, in a stadium built on all four sides, in a city far, far away.

COYB

• You’re going to have to expect that these traditional non-league sides raise their game against us. Oh well.

• edited December 2019

I thought we were brilliant with ten men second half tbh. Smyth's long throws will cause lesser teams more problems. Had a few half-chances which might have yielded something had they fallen on the players' strong feet. Anyway, can't really feel disheartened after that. Onto Pompey!

He grabbed Mousinho's throat, however lightly. No matter how pathetically he reacted, that's idiotic - especially on a yellow already.

You've really let yourself down on Twitter on this one. Stewart is dead right in his reply.

• I stand by it. I hate to single out any player, but I think fans have a right to feel pretty annoyed by that. It did change the game.

• edited December 2019

@chairboyscentral said:
    I stand by it. I hate to single out any player, but I think fans have a right to feel pretty annoyed by that. It did change the game.

Win together and lose together. You are out of order and behaving like a child. Don't use 'fan's' getting annoyed when it's you whose annoyed.
    Good teams stick together and that definately includes a fan posting under an unofficial club stats moniker.

• I mean, I'm definitely not the only fan annoyed. I love Bayo as much as the next person, but I'm not going to blindly defend him when he's blatantly let himself, the team and the fans down. Anyway, I'm not saying anything more as I have better things to be doing with my evening.

• Now now everyone calm down. Opinions are opinions. @chairboyscentral is not one of the usual naysayers. I haven't seen today's incident but Quinn could have easily gotten Thompson sent off last week so it's not.like we should not expect it. These things happen. Sounds like bayo was a bit idiotic for an experienced player but Moushino was at Stevenage for a while if I recall. Shithousery Central.

• I stand by it. I hate to single out any poster, but I think Gasroomers have a right to feel pretty annoyed by that. It did change the after-match vibe.

• Wtf @Right_in_the_Middle? @chairboyscentral has every right to voice his opinions on Twitter no matter what his handle is (what on earth does "unofficial club stats moniker" mean anyway?) And I for one agree with him. No player on a yellow should be lashing out like that, especially one as experienced as Bayo. Anthony Stewart should be directing his frustrations Bayo's way, not Tom's.

• Even in GA’s post-match interview he says that Bayo feels like he’s let the team down - GA says it in a positive context as in a “these things happen” kind of way, but still.

• edited December 2019

Thanks @aloysius. While you're there, I also must apologise for overreacting to a post of yours to me a little while ago about Chairboys Central, which I think was just meant as advice and I took the wrong way. I'm afraid I can't remember which thread it was on!

• Has bayo got a busy Christmas planned? ?

• Righty has comfortably cemented his position as the gasroom’s worst poster in recent weeks.

• edited December 2019

Bayo hardly "lashed" out. He did the same as Mousinho, but 1)weighs a lot more, and 2)wasn't on the cheat

It did turn the game, and fans are entitled to whinge about it.
    But maybe not somewhere the players will see it though. That doesn't help anything!?

Ollie isn't a fan of your work.

ollie‏ @DingleDangleo87

Follow Follow @DingleDangleo87

Replying to @A_Stewart_5

Love that good man @A_Stewart_5 no one in the fan base rates this account so please don’t pay them any attention ?

• @Malone Lol, I saw that and refrained from replying. The 1,500 or so weekly views must be from fans of other clubs who just happen to share a common interest in Wycombe...

• Mousinho and mackie in all fairness were a pair of cunts, we/bayo should of known better.... the ref was dreadful and oxford played a lot better than us and deserved to be 1-0 before the sending off!!! The boys did us proud in the second half.... merry xmas

• @aloysius said:
    Wtf @Right_in_the_Middle? @chairboyscentral has every right to voice his opinions on Twitter no matter what his handle is (what on earth does "unofficial club stats moniker" mean anyway?) And I for one agree with him. No player on a yellow should be lashing out like that, especially one as experienced as Bayo. Anthony Stewart should be directing his frustrations Bayo's way, not Tom's.

Without the benefit of seeing the relevant post on Twitter now that Tom has, perfectly reasonably, taken it down, I also agree with his analysis. This one, for perhaps the first time in all his wonderful time at Wycombe, is rather on Bayo.

Meanwhile, I thought Oxford played some wonderful football and were deserved winners, despite not making anything like what they might of some excellent approach play. We battled as hard as ever and might have nicked one on the break more than once or with one of those long throws into the box but got no less than the game on the whole merited. I hope we can pull ourselves back together for Boxing Day. Assume Dom will be out for a while - looked like his calf went - and that Bayo will only be out for one game.

Wheeler really is amazingly good in the air, isn't he!

• @HCblue All I said was it was on Bayo and it's disappointing to see a player of his experience behave like that - but yeah, not worth the aggro of people who can't react in a grown-up way.

@Malone Lol, I saw that and refrained from replying. The 1,500 or so weekly views must be from fans of other clubs who just happen to share a common interest in Wycombe...

Or just you re-reading it? :)

• If only it was that simple...

• @HCblue said:

@aloysius said:
    Wtf @Right_in_the_Middle? @chairboyscentral has every right to voice his opinions on Twitter no matter what his handle is (what on earth does "unofficial club stats moniker" mean anyway?) And I for one agree with him. No player on a yellow should be lashing out like that, especially one as experienced as Bayo. Anthony Stewart should be directing his frustrations Bayo's way, not Tom's.

Without the benefit of seeing the relevant post on Twitter now that Tom has, perfectly reasonably, taken it down, I also agree with his analysis. This one, for perhaps the first time in all his wonderful time at Wycombe, is rather on Bayo.

Meanwhile, I thought Oxford played some wonderful football and were deserved winners, despite not making anything like what they might of some excellent approach play. We battled as hard as ever and might have nicked one on the break more than once or with one of those long throws into the box but got no less than the game on the whole merited. I hope we can pull ourselves back together for Boxing Day. Assume Dom will be out for a while - looked like his calf went - and that Bayo will only be out for one game.

Wheeler really is amazingly good in the air, isn't he!

Completely missed the Gape injury, until he was walking off round the 4th stand. Didn't seem to be limping too badly, so fingers crossed.

Wheeler was even beating Mousinho to some balls too.

Someone earlier said everyone on here is an expert on tactics after a loss, quite mockingly, but it didn't need a tactical genius to see we were struggling to contain them in the first 20mins anyway.
    A bit too often, either Bloomfield or Thompson were being matched up against their right sided wide player.

It sort of worked better with 10! But we were relying on the the ultimate lotto of a ball just happening to fall perfectly.

Positives are we're still 7 points clear from second.
    We do need to hit back quickly though, as those points could easily disintegrate in the next 4 games.

• edited December 2019

@chairboyscentral said:
    @HCblue All I said was it was on Bayo and it's disappointing to see a player of his experience behave like that - but yeah, not worth the aggro of people who can't react in a grown-up way.

Perhaps it's the sort of comment that requires too much context and calmness of consideration and reaction from the reader to be suitable for Twitter within one hour of a game.

Re the learned comments of Mstr DingleDangle, I fancy he was referring to that part of the fan base that lacks the necessary reading skills to handle more than 140 characters. Either that or I'm, once again in my life, in a small minority in my perspective.