Skip to content

Attendance disappointing

Comments

• @micra said:

An AFC Wimbledon supporting mate (who I’ll be meeting this evening) told me a couple of days ago that the crowd-funding thing brought in a million pounds in the first 24 hours.

Bloody hell!

• If we were replacing Adams Park, so would we!

• Interesting to see that they value AFC Wimbledon at £24 million (I think). They are crowdfunding £2 million (92% already) for 7.67% of the club.

https://www.seedrs.com/afcwimbledon

51% of us for around £2 million (which seems to be roughly where we are) does seem a decent deal by comparison.

I’m not being critical in any way just making an observation

• 75% actually

Rob Couhig is on record as saying that the club is worth nothing beyond the sentimental value we hold it in

• Sentimental lot in South London then aren’t they? I suppose the value of the land there probably adds a lot to the value though.

• As an owner of WWFC doesn’t own the ground, or the training ground, it makes sense.

• @OxfordBlue said:
    As an owner of WWFC doesn’t own the ground, or the training ground, it makes sense.

TBH, that's why I am confused as to what Rob Couhig sees in the value of throwing money in to the club? The football club itself, currently, as far as I'm aware is just a loss making entity. I have vague memories of TS at a legacy members meeting saying that all WWFC owns is a photocopier!

• Yeah, RC is looking to buy the business (potential for the brand to make money) with a comitted "customer base" (fans) but without the assets. The theory being that he can grow the base and increase revenue (having fun at the same time as he says) making the business more attractive to a future buyer.

As long as he does this resposibly I am all for it.

• Is the portion of money currently being loaned by Rob Couhig that is earmarked for stadium improvements being loaned to the Trust, WWFC Ltd or FALL? Just curious, if anyone knows.

• It may be worth trying to find out if the monies put in by RC are in the form of loan notes. If that is the case, are the loan notes to the limited company, which in theory, he could simply leave the debt with the limited company and walk away if my understanding is correct?
    I would like to add, this is not a dig at RC as so far, my match day and personal experiences are nothing but positive.

• The company set up is Feliciana EFL Ltd. It's the same limited company that were proposed buyers of Yeovil.
    The registered address is in Torquay

• A 10 game 'book of tickets' is not a new idea is it. Several years ago it was certainly possible to by a 'book of 5(?) tickets' if I remember. So why was it discontinued back then? someone at the club surely knows.

• So, just why has there been so little progress in increasing match-day attendance over the years. Its been stuck at 4K (or thereabouts) in a 10K stadium for a good long time now. Where are the fresh idea coming out of the club?? Off the cuff, something could be done to connect the players to kids at schools - eg players turn up at the 'games afternoon' at local schools, not just as a pointless forgetable one-off, but regularly, so kids start to think of players as 'one of their mates' and are keen to go watch them play. May sound crazy, but who knows.

• @A_Non_E_Mouse said:
    So, just why has there been so little progress in increasing match-day attendance over the years. Its been stuck at 4K (or thereabouts) in a 10K stadium for a good long time now. Where are the fresh idea coming out of the club?? Off the cuff, something could be done to connect the players to kids at schools - eg players turn up at the 'games afternoon' at local schools, not just as a pointless forgetable one-off, but regularly, so kids start to think of players as 'one of their mates' and are keen to go watch them play. May sound crazy, but who knows.

Could probably only work with long term injury players. The sports science guys at the club effectively dictate, (not in a heavy handed way), the players spare time.

• After the latest loan signings, we have now one of the best and importantly exiting squads we have had over the last few years. The club have done their bit , now it’s up to the people of Wycombe to get off their backsides and get and support the team.

• That's the way to encourage them, well done

• And by the way, by definition if the club have "done their bit " but crowds don't increase then they haven't

• I have a seat but choose to stand so I hope that is okay @davecz

• Just a statement. Not made in a derogatory way. Didn’t realise we had so many sensitive individuals.

• If someone doesn’t immediately agree with your statement, and you feel the need to get defensive about it, then does that make them the sensitive one or you?

• I agree that the club has done its best to show real ambition and it would be a pity if the fans who have deserted us in recent years didn’t show a willingness to give us another chance. We all need to spread the word that Adams Park is a good place to be once again.

• Sadly, as the saying goes, you can drag a horse to water . . . . .

• ...but a pencil must be led?

• The only answer as far as I can see it...is regular 'football fortune' to push up attendance...which sadly no-one can guarantee.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

Charcoal?

Graphene

• Getting beyond my stencil knowledge now @StrongestTeam

• Graphite probably

• @EwanHoosaami all down to big Greg Wallace of the factory programme, apparently no pencil ever contained any lead.

• @davecz said:
    Just a statement. Not made in a derogatory way. Didn’t realise we had so many sensitive individuals.

"get off their backsides" is a pejorative phrase, as you well knew when you used it.

It is also completely the wrong way to go about encouraging people to come to games who are not already coming to games.