Skip to content

Attendance disappointing

1234568»

Comments

• Mixture of graphite and clay to be precise - the more graphite the darker the pencil line.

Always a dilemma which one to go for in my experience.

2B or not 2B that is the question.

• Have “the fans... deserted us in recent years?” Without checking I’d have said all things being equal our core following has remained pretty stable and the rest has risen and fallen as you would expect in line with the ebbs and flows of the quality and success of the football.

Having said that however it would be good if the ‘occasionals’ turned into ‘regulars’.

• @eric_plant :You obviously gave me credit for knowing what a perjorative phrase was. Thanks

• I've never agreed with free season tickets for kids (although have taken advantage of them!). I'd like to see a staggered approach introduced.

Under 7 (anywhere in ground) - £1 per game = £23 (based on 24 team league)
    Under 12 (aig) - £2 per game = £46
    Under 15 (aig) - £3 per game = £69
    Under 18 - £4 per game terrace = £92, £6 per game Franks Adams = £138
    Student - £5 per game terrace = £115, £8 per game Frank Adams = £184
    Under 25 (aig) - £8 per game terrace = £184, £10 per game Frank Adams = £230
    26 and over - up to the normal prices.

Rational for moving from anywhere in ground to splitting, is that up to under 15 most parents would want children to be sat with them or at least be in view.

I don't feel this is an unreasonable hike each time the person gets a bit older. It would also help manage families who go regularly to continue to come regularly.

Currently, up to under 12 it is free and then it jumps £72 for terrace or up to £198 for the Frank Adams!

Having sat in the Frank Adams with my two kids for the last 7 seasons, I'm seriously considering options for next season, when I will have a £198 increase for the eldest and a season later another £198 for the youngest. However, a £23 increase per age band I wouldn't even think about it, just buy, buy, buy!

Also, paying best part of £1200 for a family of 4 to sit in the Frank Adams doesn't seem great value for money, especially given 50% of that area appears to have unbought seats (currently)...

• @bookertease said:
    Have “the fans... deserted us in recent years?” Without checking I’d have said all things being equal our core following has remained pretty stable and the rest has risen and fallen as you would expect in line with the ebbs and flows of the quality and success of the football.

Having said that however it would be good if the ‘occasionals’ turned into ‘regulars’.

I know the club used to have a file of names of former season ticket holders who had chosen not to renew. They were called by office staff to ask if they would reconsider, but I don’t know the outcome.
    This is probably a good time to ask them again.

• @glasshalffull said:

@bookertease said:
    Have “the fans... deserted us in recent years?” Without checking I’d have said all things being equal our core following has remained pretty stable and the rest has risen and fallen as you would expect in line with the ebbs and flows of the quality and success of the football.

I know the club used to have a file of names of former season ticket holders who had chosen not to renew. They were called by office staff to ask if they would reconsider, but I don’t know the outcome.

Were confirmed ST figures up or down for this season, anyone know?

• @Wendoverman said:

Ask Richie, he's got all the insider knowledge on club and player finances!

• @mooneyman said:

@Wendoverman said:

Ask Richie, he's got all the insider knowledge on club and player finances!

And their IQs it seems

• @glasshalffull said:

@bookertease said:

This would be a great place to start. There's a bit too much of a feel of preaching to the converted at the moment.

Finding out from people who used to come but don't anymore why they don't anymore is exactly what we should be doing.

Then we can move on to people that have never been, and see how they can be persuaded.

I think anything that can be done to create a bit of a presence won't harm. Get a couple of players down in town handing out flyers and chatting to people. Send a coach along to a local park team's training session to help out and chat to them about what's going on.

Get someone to do an interview on the university's student union radio station, or twitter feed or whatever. None of this costs anything but it might just plant a seed, and if someone finds themselves with a Saturday afternoon spare they might just remember being told that Wycombe are at home this afternoon.

Personally, I think to succeed it has to start small and grow organically. We're not going to add 3,000 to the gate overnight

• @glasshalffull said:

The GDPR (data protection legislation) has come into force since that list was compiled. Unless the club have sought permission from those on that list for their details to continue to be held for that purpose then the club could be breaking the law if they try to use it in that way.

• At a Fan's Council meeting I asked whether the club kept a history of season ticket holders, so they know how long current ones have been renewing. Michael Davies wasn't sure, we heard no more about it.

It's important that the club understands their relationship with ST holders, and values their input, perhaps rewarding them in some small way after so many years.

• Steve, sorry not sure I understand. Given that voting eligibility is based on length of time holding season tickets, surely this information must be known at least for the last few years.

• @Steve_Peart said:

It's important that the club understands their relationship with ST holders, and values their input, perhaps rewarding them in some small way after so many years.

Agreed. In cash.

• As you say, recent history must be known, @DevC, I'm curious to know how far back the history goes.

• edited September 2019

I suppose if the club were to have say only five years history, not a lot can now be done about that.
    Surely if you want to target non-renewers, only fairly recent history is relevant?

• You wont need to worry @DevC about any data information the club may have on you.
    Im pretty sure you have to purchase a match ticket, or maybe an item from the club shop.
    Your are what they would call a 'cleanskin' .

• @tom_doust said:

@BuckinghamBlue said:
    I’d be interested to see how many season ticket holders still live in Wycombe

Does Marlow count? :-)

Perhaps we should have more of a presence in the bistros of Marlow. Mind you this could be counter-productive due to the bad-mouthing that goes on in such establishments.