Skip to content

Live stream tonight

1234568»

Comments

• Is he likely to give 75% of the legacy members five grand each to get their bathroom done so they will vote for a total take over? Asking for a friend.

• I don't need my bathroom done. Can he do my kitchen instead?

• @mooneyman said:
    I don't need my bathroom done. Can he do my kitchen instead?

Just some general repainting for me please. Unless he knows a top notch brickie for my front garden wall.

• not sure if this has been posted before, but here's a video of Rob Couhig's presentation.

https://linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6556510488212103168

• He certainly comes across like a typically polished, successful southern businessman. I was pleased to hear him talk about wanting a challenge and adventure rather than trying to sell a line about wanting to be part of days like our promotion at Chesterfield.

The 9 months 'engagement,' certainly seems wise for both sides. Hopefully we'll make some positive upgrades to AP and some wise investment to the playing staff that will prove Rob's good intentions to the Legacy members. Although, of course, we don't really have a choice.

• It was refreshing to hear Rob talk about the Club's long term stability/viability and he seems like a man who can make things happen with the view not just of short term success at any cost but to the longer term goals of balancing the books and being sustainable.

I hope we as fans will embrace this opportunity for assistance in taking the club forward to a place of financial equilibrium whilst keeping the stadium in the hands of the Trust. We can never be entirely sure of a potential buyer's motives and modus operandi but this investor has come to the table with much to offer in terms of expertise. Not all potential investors are like sharky.

Nothing in business comes for free and he has covered the possibility of rejection by Legacy fans with conditions in the contact as we understand it. This is the sign of a good businessman and one who we should take very seriously and hope things do go well in the coming months. A new chapter for WWFC for sure.

• @NorsQuarters - To advance monies to the club without adequate security (unlike Bill and Ben who stitched us up on the Stadium) is in itself not a sign of a good businessman.

However, this actually gives me more confidence in Mr Couhig's motives in acquiring our club and I have a feeling that this will turn out ok.

• I quite agree in terms of confidence and would say that not taking the stadium as collateral is a sign of the faith he has in his own team that they will show us that they can run a good business of WWFC and a sign of faith to us fans that he is in this to make it work. He talked about wanting to make it a happy marriage, at least he's not starting off with a prenup.

• Excellent posts @NorsQuarters. Hope we’ll be seeing you at the Park before too long.

• Thanks @micra , planning to get over at least a couple of times this year, hope to meet up again when at AP.

• That would be good.

• Excellent posts @NorsQuarters. Spot on.