Skip to content

Live stream tonight

Comments

This from the man who once threatened another poster on the original Gasroom.
    "I know who your employer is"
    Don't get much more personal than that.

@glasshalffull said:

@bookertease said:
    Pre-Social Media @micra. Bit tongue-in-cheek but I do find it frustrating that we appear to have lost the will to listen and consider other viewpoints.

And I’m not being a night-owl - i’m just over @Shev’s side of the Atlantic (sitting looking at the sun set over the Caribbean Sea drinking Appleton’s Special Reserve rum. Please feel free to feel sorry for me)

Totally agree with your post @bookertease. I have no problem with people disagreeing with my opinions, but when it gets personal-and there are a couple of posters on here that this applies to-I find it unacceptable.
    Enjoy your rum and you paint a wonderful picture of tranquility.

• Your obsession with me is really quite disturbing.

• Will you deny you once made that comment to another poster ?

• This is a football forum, not a cross examination in a law court. However, I genuinely have no recollection of the comment or of the context in which it was written. I have better things to do than delve back into the archives to research what people were saying years ago.
    I presume that I’ve personally offended you at some stage in which case I’d be happy to meet you face to face to discuss the reason and, if necessary, apologise.

• If I remember correctly Tory Goon was the person on the end of your threat.
    No you have never offended me personally, but for years you have enjoyed your 'bully with the Mic' whether it be by the match programme or other media sources.
    The beauty of social media, is that an 'everyday Joe' now has a minor platform to challenge statements or downright falsehoods.
    One of my very few talents is having a reasonable memory of football and especially WWFC related topics.
    Quite why you escalate me mentioning a previous comment you made, to a cross examination in a law court is quite baffling even in the hyped up world of trained journalists.

• For someone I’ve never offended, you have very entrenched views on the kind of person I am so it seems clear that I’d be wasting my time offering the hand of friendship. At least our devotion to WWFC is the one thing we have in common.

• Freeman's probably a good example. A player in his early twenties, good enough to do a job in the first team but not a regular in the side. Out of contract after playing non league and no-one else came/has come in for him as far as we know, but he undoubtedly has potential.

Would he have signed for Wycombe U23s over, say, Barnet's first team? Impossible to say for certain, but I reckon he would have. I also reckon a lot of young players released from Prem/Champ academies would want to stay at as high a level as possible, so the opportunity to go to a League One club where first team football is a realistic possibility would look quite tempting.

• For me it’s better to operate at squad size we had last season, rather than spend money on a reserve team which pushes us further into debt.

• @ChasHarps I believe the poster concerned was the great Oily Sailor - he and GHF had a right royal barney on the original gasroom, which I think spilled over into a column in the match day programme.

• @LeedsBlue was it Oily? I’m sure it was the Goon.

• @floyd I could be wrong - or it could have been both (at separate times). I’m sure Oily and GHF locked horns on the gasroom at some point, whether that was specifically the ‘I know who you work for’ moment, I will bow to better memories than mine, but that’s who I remember it being targeted at. Apologies if mistaken.

On reflection, I should know better than to question Mr Harps’ memory - as his 80s Wycombe knowledge shows, he doesn’t forget much!

• GHF?

• I always found Oily Sailor to be relentlessly negative and pessimistic so if that’s a crime, I plead guilty.

• Fellow Gasroomers,

Please listen once again if you can to the Live stream recording on the Facebook page.

If any techno genius can work out out to create a link to the above and put it on here you would be doing a massive favour to all of us.

If you listen back to the tape and write notes on what was actually said and read them back, you will be in a far better position to judge for yourself rather than depend on the views of bought and paid for boardroom auto-responders.

As Mr. Couhig admitted he first looked into this 5-6 weeks ago - when the Rob Jansen consortium refused to meet June payroll? - as he says " English football...you can't make any money" and then goes on to talk about sustainable business models, Championship in 3 years, crowds of 8,000-9,000 etc.

Quite how we can achieve all this on last year's players budget - when we were only mathematically certain to stay up on the last match of the season - on money borrowed from Mr. Couhig paying anything up to 17% interest when we don't generate enough to meet payroll every month is not yet known.

By December/January all this will have unravelled.

• And talking of people who are relentlessly negative and pessimistic.......look who’s popped up again.

• @NiceCarrots said:
    Fellow Gasroomers,

Please listen once again if you can to the Live stream recording on the Facebook page.

If any techno genius can work out out to create a link to the above and put it on here you would be doing a massive favour to all of us.

If you listen back to the tape and write notes on what was actually said and read them back, you will be in a far better position to judge for yourself rather than depend on the views of bought and paid for boardroom auto-responders.

As Mr. Couhig admitted he first looked into this 5-6 weeks ago - when the Rob Jansen consortium refused to meet June payroll? - as he says " English football...you can't make any money" and then goes on to talk about sustainable business models, Championship in 3 years, crowds of 8,000-9,000 etc.

Quite how we can achieve all this on last year's players budget - when we were only mathematically certain to stay up on the last match of the season - on money borrowed from Mr. Couhig paying anything up to 17% interest when we don't generate enough to meet payroll every month is not yet known.

By December/January all this will have unravelled.

@NiceCarrots has used a deliberately difficult to follow mixture of his assumptions and out of context quotes. Rob Jansen was never mentioned directly and is involvement is a guess.
    The 'you'll never make any money' comment was him relaying what others had said to him.
    I'm not sure he ever promised Championship in three years.

Were you actually in the room listening on Thursday night @NiceCarrots . I'd be interested to know.

• Also, he didn’t say that we could achieve Championship football on last year’s budget and I believe I’m right in saying that the interest on his loan only becomes relevant if the Legacy members reject his bid to become a majority shareholder.

• Reference a link to the video recording of Thursday’s meeting, there’s one at the beginning of this thread.

• @glasshalffull - Have you actual evidence that interest on his loan is not payable if he decides to not pursue the majority purchase?

• The admirable Head of Media (Matt Cecil) read out an emailed question from @NiceCarrots so unless he is painfully shy (all of a sudden) I would assume he wasn’t in the room.

• @mooneyman said:
    @glasshalffull - Have you actual evidence that interest on his loan is not payable if he decides to not pursue the majority purchase?

I think there’s a misunderstanding here. I read nicecarrots comment to imply that we would have to pay interest on the loan in the event that Mr Couhig becomes a majority shareholder which I don’t think is the case.
    However, if the Legacy members were to vote in favour of him acquiring a majority share and he then decided not to pursue his interest, I don’t know what would happen.

• Out of curiosity @NiceCarrots do you have a solution? You have repeatedly commented that the current Board have got us into this position where we are running at unsustainable levels but it is fairly clear there is no real appetite or enough willing and capable volunteers to replace them wholesale and certainly not in the timescales we need.

We desperately needed a large influx of cash and someone somewhere would have needed to provide it at presumably favourable rates to themselves.

You can argue (justifiably) that we’ve not had a lot of time to do due diligence yet and at the moment we are having to take more on trust than would be ideal but we have been given 6-9 months to better understand our potential new owner which seems reasonable to me.

But, from where we currently are (and without getting into how we got there), what can you see we could/should have done differently?

• Snap! @bookertease I asked @NiceCarrots exactly that in a post after one of his recently but he obviously did not write it down read it back and think about what it actually meant.

• Pure plagiarism on my part @Wendoverman (or more accurately laziness in not scrolling back)

• Once again @NiceCarrots pulls the pin, throws his hand grenade and then runs off into the distance waiting for the carnage

• And whatever happened to MarlowChair?

• @bookertease well not actually that you out it much better dear boy...but I was intrigued as to what he/she thought was best as the board are crap and the people who want to buy in are all charlatans.

• @glasshalffull said:
    And whatever happened to MarlowChair?

He went to QPR- unlike Mr Ainsworth. In Marlow’s slight defence, I was assured by someone I know well and trust and who was extremely well placed to know that QPR was a done deal. I have never been privy to such information before nor will be again and I shouldn’t have been told a damn thing but the person who told me was astounded it didn’t happen and lost a good few hundred quid on bets placed. I do wonder if Ainsworth was pipped at the last minute for the role.

• I keep thinking about that time we were told that the financials were strong and the future had never looked brighter, right before we got rid of the commercial manager who had got us to that position. Having been at a couple of companies who were trying to sell, at both we were tasked with keeping revenue on the rise while making as little actual profit as possible. This makes the company more attractive to potential buyers - if the revenue is decent and profit margins are slim, potential buyers can see a way to make a purchase worthwhile through increasing the margins. I can only assume our commercial manager doing a great job was a real fly in the ointment for those who were desperate to get the club back into private hands.

• That’s a conspiracy theory even NiceCarrots and MarlowChair haven’t dared to suggest.
    You are ‘assuming’ that the Trust board’s cunning plan was to ‘get rid’ of an employee who was doing a good job so they could move from a strong financial position to one so weak they would need to take out loans just to pay the wages. This would still leave them needing to find a suitable investor and convincing 75% of Legacy members to vote in favour. Interesting.