Skip to content

"Tour de Season" - Predictions Table

13»

Comments

• edited May 2019

Thank you @railwaysteve for a tremendous competition - it has provided a constant lighthearted and interesting diversion this season, and I can only imagine how much work has gone into producing something so fun, yet so detailed! I am sure everyone appreciates the effort you put into this.

I thought I might get caught when I had to let the loanee predictors on my team go in January, but I just about got over the line. I may have a threadbare squad next season, unless bought out by a betting company in search of accurate predictions.

Thanks @mooneyman - I am hoping the semi with @micra is a bonus feature on iFollow!

Thanks @DevC - I actually had the same issue - sometimes dividing the league position by the points total of the opposition and multiplying by the weather forecast can be overthinking, evidently! Well done for strong finishes in both competitions.

Thanks @ForeverBlue - I definitely needed a strong telescope for crowd analysis! Congratulations on a top ten.

• Thanks for pulling this together throughout the season @railwaysteve.

Mid-table mediocrity - the dream.

• Thanks @railwaysteve. For an extreme example of overthinking, my convoluted analysis of factors likely to affect the Fleetwood attendance really took the biscuit. Result - I think I overestimated by about 1200, having been disproportionately influenced by the 8800 who attended the Stevenage game last season. I shall pluck a figure out of the air with gay abandon when I meet @mooneyman in the playoffs.
    Well done @Shev indeed. Quite remarkable.

• Once i was safe i was already on the beach too many times at the end of the season! Thanks @railwaysteve

• Thanks @railwaysteve for providing an absorbing season-long challenge and of course hats off to @Shev - I felt at one point I was closing in on him but alas my effort petered out.

• In deed many thanks @railwaysteve for the time and effort spent compiling the predictions and making the calculations.
    Our general inability to correctly predict the attendances makes me a little more sympathetic towards the catering teams, home and away, who have to do it and try to predict what, if anything, those attending want to eat.

• Yep, thanks @railwaysteve, it was most diverting. I never really kicked on but thankfully didn't get dragged into a relegation battle.

• Just to add my thanks @railwaysteve - really enjoyed it. Congratulations to @Shev !

• These bloody colonials coming over here trying to buy our club and winning the prediction league the sooner we're relegated twice and these glory hunters disappear the better! :smile:

• edited May 2019

Well I do declare, @Wendoverman is as funny as all get out, but I reckon that in guessin' the crowds over yonder, the number don't amount to a hill of beans unless you're fixin' to get within a couple dozen. If the creek don't rise, next season's competition should be madder than a wet hen. Either way, I ain't gonna get too big for my britches about winnin', as it was so close, I got as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockin' chairs.

Now, who are these "colonials" we talkin' 'bout?

• Mid-table obscurity for me!

• @railwaysteve many thanks indeed. Playoffs - not a bad place to finish. Roll on next year.