Skip to content

MK Dons promoted

Comments

• @Shev don’t apologise. I will be at both fixtures, although will have an eye out for the Denbigh Driller

• Google wants to know if I mean “Denbigh drill” and won’t take no for an answer.

• edited May 2019

It's people saying they won't even go to the home game that always gets me. Penalising your own team, in support, if not money (you may have paid, or claim you'll donate it etc).

• @aloysius indeed. I was aware being dead cultured as I am

• Being shallow and unprincipled i will go as Mrs W will gladly drive to the shops and back so i can then drink heavily.

• Things changed slightly i think when AFCW fans attended both games the last time they were both in L1. But i'd much rather Wycombe fans were wiser and didn't go to either game.

• I won't be at either game.

• How many of the other games do the pair of you go to out of interest?

• As many as possible

• I won't be at either game

• I've watched Wycombe play at 53 teams currently in the football league

(superfan)

• I don't get having more negative passion towards another club than positive passion towards your own, but then football is a strange animal.

I am just glad Allied soldiers did not refuse to fight in WW2 because "Hitler should not have got into power."

• @Shev ,don't encourage them, as they probably think MK is worse than Hitler!

• I can understand not going there.... but come on... support your team at home !!

• I've bought a season ticket. Wycombe won't miss out financially

• Let's hope they go straight back down again, ideally taking AFC Wimbledon with them! 2 horrible clubs, they deserve each other. I'm tempted to suggest they should merge!

• I know someone who supports both!
    How does that work! Exactly!

• @Malone said:
    I know someone who supports both!
    How does that work! Exactly!

No worse than someone on here supporting Luton and Wycombe

• I guess fewer and fewer people remember Beeks suggesting we should be the ones to move to Milton Keynes.

• I always took that to be a moment of petulance.

• I remember Sorry Lanchez suggesting it, amongst other outbursts like saying fans didn't turn up as they were "Henpecked"

• @eric_plant said:
    I've bought a season ticket. Wycombe won't miss out financially

What about crisp sales?

• Don't know about crisps, but one of my mates got a burger on Saturday. It looked absolutely dreadful.

• A couple of games ago, I tried to get a pre match pie in the Woodlands.

“They’re not really warm yet, but you can risk it if you want?”

I went for the burger. It was also not really warm but looked and tasted like it had been really warm on a number of occasions before.

• @arnos_grove said:

@eric_plant said:
    I've bought a season ticket. Wycombe won't miss out financially

What about crisp sales?

Balls. I wanted that gag.

• Sorry terrible language from me on this thread. Respect to all fellow wycombe fans

• @Shev said:
    I don't get having more negative passion towards another club than positive passion towards your own, but then football is a strange animal.
    I am just glad Allied soldiers did not refuse to fight in WW2 because "Hitler should not have got into power."

You're going full-on Dev with that first strawman. Passionate and dedicated supporters of many football clubs are also against the trashing of the pyramid structure allowing promotion to and relegation from the Football League (which was long and hard fought for). I'd argue they're more passionate and dedicated supporters of their club, and indeed football in general, for it.

No, Franchise aren't as big a menace to humanity as the NSDAP was, but if supporters of all clubs hadn't campaigned such a consistent, emphatic and principled against the tearing of football clubs from their historic homes, it could well have happened a fair few more times since then.

• MK Dons were founded (relocated?) in 2004. I do not agree or like the idea of franchising, however, it happened for whatever reason and now 15 years have passed and both MKD and Wimbledon have moved on. Personally, I feel that MKD should consider a name change to MK Town (City if they get that eventually) or AFC MK, to further distance themselves from the past.

MKD have a huge community program and development structure, including disabled sport which can only be a good thing for both football and the local community. It must work as according to BBC TV South/Oxford, Wycombe Wanderers don't exist! The MKD fans also seem pretty reasonable to me. Time for the rest of us all to move on IMHO.

Cue explosion of criticism and thread extension!

• It always infuriates me that on BBC South, as well as coverage of the South Coast clubs, Poxford and Franchise are both covered, but not us. How can those two clubs possibly be considered 'southern', but not us?

• Love to know the rationale behind that, @NewburyWanderer.