Skip to content

MK Dons promoted

The Battle for Bucks to commence next season...

Comments

• @Shev said:

Nope, they don't exist.

• @Shev said:

Please do not call them Dons.

• Oh no the tedious months of debate

• To be honest, I find AFC Wimbledon every bit as annoying as MK Dons. I'd be fine with them having their own two team division in perpetuity.

• Two games less next season

• Please. If you must refer to them at all, “the Franchise” is the only acceptable term.

• I'd have been happy to see Wimbledon down. We always lose there, it's always a dreadful game, and you have to crane your neck to see half the action. Dreadful.
    At least it's a close trip

However, it was good to see Plymouth go down.

• Please don't mention them on here again.

• The two match day threads next year will be awkward then!

• IIRC the last time we were in the same division there was no match day thread. As it should be be.

• This feels a little like when you put both hands over your eyes so nobody can see you.

• It doesn't matter how irritatingly cretinous Wimbledon fans get, MK Franchise's very presence in the Football League is an affront to supporters of genuine football clubs everywhere. Any attempt to legitimise their existance by dignifying them by calling them 'rivals' makes me reach for the sick bucket.

• Dreadful.

• My profound apologies to @ReadingMarginalista My attempted upvote appears to have been recorded as a downvote.

• Apology accepted @OakwoodExile. I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't told me!

• Anybody who attends such a match... Goid luck

• I will fuck you

• Good lord!

• @LX1 said:
    I will fuck you

Seem to remember us taking 6 or 7 hundred fans to Franchise Gardens a few seasons ago. You might have to spread that over a few nights.

• Well LX1 appears to be purely nocturnal anyway, so could be possible.

• Baggsie not go last.

• Can somebody please change the name of this thread so I don’t have to keep seeing it please.

If they really must be referred to let’s stick to the aforementioned and appropriate ‘Franchise’.

• we took a lot more than 700, we have taken 1200 before.

• With all the outlets and @LX1 's offer We're talking football, shopping and ****ing. A full day and no mistake.

• Frig me, the tedious debate about them has started all over again!

• @Wendoverman said:
    With all the outlets and @LX1 's offer We're talking football, shopping and ****ing. A full day and no mistake.

Late contender for Post Of The Season?

• I apologize for the offence caused by this thread, but I must say I find it cringeworthy to be scolded for stating the name of an entity that exists, just because people wish it did not exist. I understand the thought process (continual punishment of said entity for the undesirable way they came about), but I have never felt it a punishment that accomplishes anything.

For the good of the board, I will in future refer to them as Voldemort FC.

• edited May 2019

@Shev Don't apologise, you're spot on. No one who's not associated with them should like them, but pretending they don't exist and refusing to utter their name (unless you're Wimbledon) is a bit silly, frankly. Let's look forward to doing the double over them.

• @Wendoverman said:
    With all the outlets and @LX1 's offer We're talking football, shopping and ****ing. A full day and no mistake.

Shopping and F***ing is already a quite good play by Mark Ravenhill. Adding football into it might well improve it though.

• Mk should have dropped the Dons part of their name years ago and developed a new identity if they had any interest in moving on and not being universally despised. Agree this has all been done to death too many times although I haven't decided if I am prepared to give them any money next year.