Skip to content

Wycombe in Europe

2»

Comments

• As much as this is annoying is anyone really surprised? Communications and PR have always been patchy at WWFC and lower league football in general - it's just representative. Hope everyone that did travel no no major issues. Bravo for being there though, tip of the hat.

• Taxi €150 each way!!! Cheers wwfc!

• Get the train there, and organise a minibus back?

• @ChasHarps. Did none of you drive to France?

• We did but we wouldn't mind a sup of ale seeing as we on our holibobs!

• edited July 2015

@ChasHarps Wow, you guys are willing to pay 300 Euros to get taxis when you could just drive. You must be loaded or alcoholics! ;-) Poor communication from the club though. Hope you all enjoy the game and your holibobs.

• Too bloody right, who the hell wants to be the unlucky non drinker on an away day! Where is Omen gonna get his fish and chips from I wonder.

• edited July 2015

Probably from the least expensive chippy in Normandy...

• Three trialists playing

• anyone you recognize? understand Lynch starts in goal as well

• edited July 2015

From wwfcofficial twitter - I'm in Blightey

• Hi,

Here are some words I wrote about todays momentous event.

https://insidewycombe.wordpress.com/2015/07/16/le-banton-de-colle-wycombe-v-avranches/

Hope you found it satisfactory.

• I'd swear I can hear a Frenchman say "Ohh La La" as our goal goes in. National stereotypes pah!!.

• Nice write up. Slightly confused about your comments regarding the rumor that GA may have spoken to two of the trialists. I.e Right back, both or one of them at right back?

• I think you'll find that was probably a rather tongue in cheek comment about Gaz checking the trialists can play right back, as recent signings Harriman, Rowe and Stewart are all 'capable of playing at right back'...

• lets not forget Beano

• Who actually scored Wycombe's goal?

The offal site reports...

The Blues toiled hard in the second period and were rewarded when Jason Banton showed quick feet to wriggle away from his marker and deliver a low ball which the striker easily converted from a yard out.

So, did Banton deliver a low ball to himself and then convert that?

• It was a trialist striker (referred to higher up the article) who scored.

• WestLondonWanderer we may be desperate but we are not going to sign a 39 year old singer (might want to amend the Sean Maguire link)

• edited July 2015

Ha! Not sure what happened there - if you copy and paste it's the right link but not if you click it (Seems to have missed out the footballer bit)...

• Seen Sean play for sligo a couple of times and then for Accrington last year.

Thought he would of done more at accy but think he can do a job for us, may do well playing next to Hayes.

• A young striker and a midfielder both possibly with potential and low wage requirements?
    Sounds quite hopeful.

• & I think a back four player, which fuels the (unfounded?) Pierre rumour mill

• Unless someone offers to break the bank (within reason) I think Aaron will give us another season. I genuinely think the team will want to go one better than last year...

• I think given rowe and stewart have played with alot of our side before we will gel quickly and be hard to break down. Although mawson was class, as a unit we are still strong!

• Is this true Sean Maguire was born 18 April 1976?

• Yes but that one is an actor/singer - see above. Fear not Spider.