Skip to content

Wycombe in Europe

Anyone know where we can watch the cricket and Open golf in Avranches?

Comments

• On the television!

• Also what time is kick-off? Official site says 19:30 GMT which would be 21:30 in France. Do they mean BST?

• Thanks Onlooker didn't see that. Avranches lost 2-0 to Guingamp in their first friendly on Saturday.

• Apparently the game now kicks off at 7pm in Coutances, which is about 45 minutes north of Avranches. Just changed our hotel!

• @wwfcofficial
    @luke_r_brown89 @jameswilcollins well deserved! Will publish a preview tomorrow but the game is in Coutances rather than Avranches itself

• Please tell me this is a windup?

• Embarrassing scenes

• Had confirmation match is being played at Stade Paul Maundrell in Coutances.

• Trains there but no trains back after match unfortunately.

• The crazy thing is Wwfc seem to have known this all along but forgot to tell us scummy supporters. 'You watch the football we will run the Club'. Well we can't watch the football because for months we have been planning our holidays around this match after working hard all year. Because you can't organise a piss up in a vinyard.

• Just imagine if those lads hadnt been tweeting their journey. A load of Wycombe fans would have turned up at Avranches stadium on Thursday demanding when the match is to some bewildered locals.

• Indeed - changing hotels has meant we have lost out - €100 between us - but thankfully we will be in the correct town at kick-off time.

• Need to know basis it seems unless you went on the coach trip.

• The itinerary for the coach trip on the club's website says 'drive to Avranches for friendly match' so let's hope anyone making the trip has access to Twitter...

• There are plenty in a similar boat now deciding whether to cancel accommodation in avranches without refund and switching to Coutances.

• 7 of us staying in a campsite in Averanches,now somehow have to find there way to a different venue 45 minutes away. WWFC Certainly know how to treat their supporters, thoroughly pissed off.

• They should send the Motts coach to collect you!

• I agree with Onlooker. Surely the club should foot the bill for a coach to get the fans to the right ground.

• How on earth is such a balls up even possible?

• http://www.ouest-france.fr/au-stade-de-coutances-match-de-gala-wycombe-wanderers/us-avranches-3563111

According to this article we have a budget of 5.5 Million Euros!

Also says that Howard has a 2nd home in Coutances.

• I think I went to school with Les Chairboys

• Pretty disappointing that the club has failed to inform supporters of the venue until barely a day before kick-off. Hopefully those who are have holed up in Avranches will be able to get to the game (maybe see if US Avranches or their supporters who are going too can offer a lift?)

• Although it goes without saying that this is absolutely ridiculous, let's not get carried away. If someone is 45 minutes away they are hardly going to not be able to find a way there. Not in the slightest bit ideal but I sincerely doubt they are going to catch the next flight home absolutely befuddled as to how to get to the new venue.

• Seeing as there is no public transport from Coutance after kick-off, getting back to Avranches after the game won't be easy!

• Of course e veryone will manage and still have a good time. The point is the shocking disregard for the loyal fans who have travelled, the financial loss and the fact that whilst Howard was slurping oysters with the mayor it hadn't crossed his mind for one second that Wycombe supporters were miles away about to attend an empty stadium.

• If the club had apologised in their rushed 'all you need to know (oops we forgot)' article instead of repeating the venue and kick off time three times in an arrogant manner then I would leave it. But they haven't. All barrels loaded for tomorrow!

• @LX1 said:
    If the club had apologised in their rushed 'all you need to know (oops we forgot)' article instead of repeating the venue and kick off time three times in an arrogant manner then I would leave it. But they haven't. All barrels loaded for tomorrow!

I did notice that! Very much, 'here's the info...and what? We didn't ever give out wrong info, we just decided not to post any at all until the day before the match...'

• edited July 2015

How are those going to the game tonight getting to Coutances from Avranches?