Skip to content

Greatest Individual Performances

2»

Comments

• The Stuart Roberts game v Northampton was an extraordinary one. He was playing a different game. It made his career at Wycombe even more frustrating and his supposed treatment by the then manager even more upsetting.

• Kevin Betsy at Stamford Bridge. Yes we lost 4-0 but he gave Ashley Cole a torrid time that night. Cole was probably the best left back in the world at that point and he just couldn’t live with Betsy.

• edited October 7

Glad someone mentioned this.

If i'm remembering correctly that was his last game for us in his first spell, and arguably his best. Clearly had the deal arranged but had insisted on playing in this game first.

Gave Cole a real going over and we had some decent spells in the early exchanges.

If only the Doc hadn't played an absolutely criminal giveaway ball across his own area to Shevchenko who knows what might have been. Yes, 99 times out of 100 we'd still have lost, but it's all about that 1 time in cup football v a giant.

• edited October 7

Already mentioned, but Anthony Stewart in THE playoff final is top of my all time list.

I'll add - Akinfenwa, Southend away, April 2019. Two goals and won everything in a vital game.

Also a niche one; Hogan Ephraim, Oxford away, November 2014. He looked superb but it never really happened again.

• Bayo was brilliant in that Southend game, his contribution brought an end to our long winless run, and set us up nicely for our push to safety.

• Jermaine Easter in the League Cup 2006/7.

Scored in all six rounds including the semi-final.

• Tony Horseman 1966/67

60 goals in 51 appearances.

• Miguel De Souza v Bradford City 1995/96 - Home and Away League Hat Tricks

• Seen Kevin Betsy mentioned a couple of times but I thought his best ever game for us was when we won 3-1 at Gigg Lane under Waddock leaving us 1 win from promotion

• Glorious run that one, so many heroes. Easter before he turned rogue was an absolute beast in that run.

• Mark West in the Trophy Final, laying on the first goal for Scotty, and scoring the winner with a diving header. That game was as 'key' as it gets.