Skip to content

Anthony Stewart returns + Squad Update

2»

Comments

• I don't think that's true Chickenhead. We retained his registration until he joined Crewe and it says here that a 'satisfactory deal' was reached at that point...

http://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/article/anthony-stewart-makes-crewe-switch-permanent-2185005.aspx

I doubt we got much for him, but given that we dug in and retained his registration for so long, I think we can safely assume they paid us something...

• £25,000 i heard.

• So assume the same strategic/approach will be played out by Brentford if they hold Mawson registration?

• I expect there will be plenty of clubs willing to pay a small fee for Mawson.

• welcome home Stewart, good to see you back .....

• I quite like the deal - he knows the club - made a decision that didn't work out - needs to prove himself all over. Good for us.

• Pierre and Stewart I think will lead to quite a few bookings over the season, so another 3rd central defender in the mould of Danny Rowe would be perfect for covering the likely suspensions of these two. But well done GA good signing.

• Could he play the holding/defensive mid role?

• Wasn't he first choice for all of his first loan, two years ago? And he was very impressive. The only reason he wasn't in the side last year was because we had Alfie Mawson.

Rowe, Pierre and Stewart would be a solid three to choose from at the back.