Skip to content

Make a daring prediction for the season

edited July 31 in Football

Here is a thread where I encourage anyone to put a kind of 'unusual' or 'against the odds' type of prediction, so we can revisit after the season ends.

My prediction: If Kieran Sadlier starts 27 league games or more, he will also win Player of the Season. The reason I am so specific on 27 games is that all five of the top MOTM vote-scorers last season started at least that many, so it appears to be some kind of barrier.

If Sadlier starts less than 27 games, Richard Kone will win it.

Comments

• I like this idea! Ok.... hmmmmm. OK my random predictions...

Beryly Lubala will reach double figures in goals this season in all comps.

Luke Leahy will be the players player of the season.

We will finish in the final playoff position but lose out in the playoff semi finals to Wigan

• Kone league top scorer, sold for £10+m in the summer

• My prediction:

Luke Leahy will be our top scorer* this season (and runner up to Josh Scowen as player of the year)

*Unfortunately with my track record of predicting this invariably means he will pick up a season-ending injury in October.

• Interesting shouts on Leahy, and I think well-founded. If he stays on penalties and in an attacking position, it is definitely reasonable to think he will get 10-15 goals. I suspect top scorer will be between he, Kone and Udoh.

• We will be in the bottom 4 after 4 games…possibly bottom….then finish 8th.

• Matt Bloomfield has us top by Christmas and is then poached in January by Ipswich, bottom by a long way in the Premier League but with exciting plans to go again in the Championship the following season. Most of the posters on the Gasroom start agitating for Ainsworth to be brought back as manager (he's still without a club but doing steady work as a Sky pundit) but instead Dan Rice decides he fancies a go himself...

• Bloomfield sacked

• Kone hits double figures by Christmas, Vokes leaves on mutual termination with best wishes and joins Northampton.

Jack Young goes out on loan after signing a new 5-year contract with an option to a further year.

• Jack Young testimonial in 2032

• Jack Young Stand is announced for the Kaspi Stadium

• edited August 1

As @aloysius suggests, Bloomfield is poached by Ipswich, but we swerve Ainsworth and appoint Graham Potter.

Kone, with 38 goals in the season, attracts bids from many London clubs, and we accept £30m from Arsenal.

We are in the top 2 all season, and have confirmed automatic promotion with 6 games to go.

The average home gate steadily increases to 8,000+, and our new Labour MP puts pressure on the Council in support of our bid to build a shiny new 15,000-seat stadium at Booker, with properly planned access roads and car parking.

@bargepole is voted Gasroom poster of the season, for making the most accurate predictions.

• Jaiden Bartolo a first team player by the end of the season

• It’s been a few years since we properly gave another team a hiding. As in, dominated from start to finish, scored a hatful, clean sheet etc.

I predict that this season, we will give at least one team a hiding.

• I've just put £5 on Kone to be the league's top scorer at 150/1. So seriously hoping that wild predicition comes through!

• We secure autos at Orient.

• Josh Scowen scores 5(!) goals. Three of which from inside the box (for once).

Kone takes penalty duty off Leahy in an attempt to increase his transfer value further.

Wheeler has a quiet season for us before scoring the most important goal of the season to take us to the playoffs.

• I agree with Gary, we're going to absolutely batter someone this year. We're going to win a game 6-0.

• In the January window with us sitting in the play off places we sign "the player" and break our transfer fee record.

We play Wrexham in the play off final

Gareth Ainsworth is appointed manager of Reading

• Wycombe = champions by Christmas.

• Shares in Kaspi hit $200 by the end of the year.

Our owner celebrates by giving out free besbarmaq (lamb and noodles, Kazakhstan's national dish) to everybody at the first home game in January. Like Beechdean did with the icecream during the Watford friendly.

• Ali Al Hamadi to mostly bench warm this season but get the winner at either Anfield or Old Trafford

• We flounder from a goalscoring perspective in the first half of the season, but we finally do the right thing and bring in Dave Tarpey in the January window, who becomes the 20-goal striker we all crave in a mere half season.

The Gasroom crashes briefly under the weight of posts questioning why we didn’t sign him earlier.

• Dobbo to be announced as key figure at AP and Harlington running the Academy.

• A new acces road to AP is built by late April 2025. A small army of punters march down the newly built road to watch Matt Bloomfield's men clinch the title in the final game, completing an unbeaten season and surpassing 100 points in the process. Such is the demand for tickets that hundreds are unable to get in and are forced to catch a glimpse of the action from the woodland behind the stands. Many mutter that the drummer (exiled from the terrace and forced to stand in said woodland) is unbearable and insist he and his instrument watch from elsewhere. He begrudgingly retreats to the top of the hill, celebrating alone with a lit firework up his arse as Kone bangs in our fifth. The whiff of gunpowder is a welcome distraction for the tattoo artist who is appointed to inscribe 'WWFC Invincibles 24/25' across his buttocks the following morning.

• Independent Soup Stand opens just outside the Valley End

Whole ground rises to sing George Jones You're still on my mind after each game

Players run out to Roadhouse Blues by the Doors

• Such a smashfest occurs, 5-0 versus a once powerful team.

Followed by gasroomers unveiling tshirts pointing out they were there for the grand 5-0 battering of Burnley in the late 90s.

• Poxford build a temporary 4th stand out in the car park, but can't find anyone to fill it.

Meanwhile Reading go bankrupt due to financial mismanagement by their new owners and MK is wiped off the map due to a stroke of genius mistake by a 17 year old work experience student at OS.

• As a side note, when was the last time we gave someone a proper battering?

• Dobbo moves to Almaty after his appointment as sporting Director of the Kaspi Academy of Football.

The leak above Her Indoors’ seat in the Frank Adams is fixed.