Skip to content

Squad Numbers

2»

Comments

• edited July 22

I definitely get that perspective, but he seemed like a good team player when he was here. I am assuming it was tension over the departure itself, but hopefully would be a case of "all is forgiven".

An interesting subplot to the summer is always this theme of returning ex-players. I believe we are on an 11 year streak of at least one an ex-player coming back - but will Blooms stick to that script or move on from it? After all, last season's returning exes were very tenuous for that title (Keogh and Campbell).

• I'm suprised he hasn't got another club already though tbh???

Wondering if we are missing something

• He may just be following the old tried and true Wycombe script:

1. Wycombe get the most out of a player.
    2. Player leaves for a club higher in the pyramid.
    3. Fans of that club claim he is "the worst player to ever pull on an (x) shirt'.
    4. Player returns to Wycombe.
    5. Wycombe get the most out of the player.
  • No squad number for KV-Y. I believe he was training with us with view to a new contract, but maybe not.

• Harvie coming in. Hartridge positional coverage. Extra depth in midfield means Leahy can continue to provide positional coverage. That’s three left-back options. Then you’ve got two senior right back options in Grimmer and McCarthy, plus Pattenden coming through. KVY played an excellent 3-4 games for us, but other than that was injured or unimpressive. Lovely lad but I wouldn’t sign him on.

• Correct. I’m guessing he will be offered one eventually. Bloomfield loves him.

• I tend to agree with you, although of those three left back options only one is an actual left back. @Midlander normally gets this stuff right.

• edited July 23

It was stated earlier that his contract was going to expire but he would be continuing his recovery & rehab with Wycombe and then being allowed to seek a deal elsewhere after. While he showed signs of promise, it would be wasted money in my opinion to give him a new contract

• I thought It was that he was going to be continuing to train with us for fitness but ultimately would be doing so with the aim to win a contract elsewhere.

• Good to see Jaiden Bartolo inheriting his international teammate Tjay De Barr's old number. I wonder if that's intentional or a happy coincidence.

• Sam Vokes #9. I don't think I have seen him in any of the pictures or videos.

I was not expecting him to start many games this season.

• How would a contracted player feel about giving their first choice shirt number to a loanee?! He's earned that shirt IMHO.

• It's a touchy subject to be sure. I'm not sure where I stand on the matter tbh. I was a big Max fan.... I really wanted him to be here this season as no.1....stuff obviously went on behind the scenes we will never be privy to.

Franco did very well for us when he took over the helm.... but IMHO so don't start on me.....

I feel Max was, even with his wobbly patch and utterly unspeakable moment of stupidity in that match I can't even speak about... the better keeper all round. .

Maybe I'm being unfair.... maybe I wear Max tinted glasses.... but I always had max above Franco as our best keeper.

This season I was more than happy that Franco signed on.... however I fully expected Nathan to be our 1st choice this season with his background and pedigree.

I still think he probably will be. I think Franco was given number 1 out of respect for how well he did when called upon when we needed him... . But also because he is "our" player and not a loanee as Nathan B is....

Either way, once again it looks like we have 2 fantastic keepers on our books.

It will be interesting to see who our starting keeper is...

Always good to have competitors for a place I guess

• He must have known where he stood before he signed his contract, also wasn't Bishop out of contract at the end of this year so signed with longer term in mind.

Backup / competition at a League one club to someone who is inexperienced isn't the worst place to be in.

• With respect I think the point of my post was somewhat lost on you.