Skip to content

Good Friday poll

2»

Comments

• Not this load of rubbish again...if you want to devote your sky god on the most important day of your church year then don't go to the match. Go your church to be with your Jesus on the Cross. Don't impose your religious beliefs on the football club otherwise will have to acconmodate every other religious beliefs!

• I must admit that did confuse me...3pm or 3.15...but if you are being religiously observant surely you should be at church anyway not watching some heathens kicking a ball about even if they do it fifteen minutes later.

• This seems a pointless post. 15 minutes makes no difference and in fact I don't see how the matter can be related to religion at all. There is plenty going on on a Good Friday and, as pointed out, you have a personal choice as to what to do.

• @Greg said:
    Not this load of rubbish again...if you want to devote your sky god on the most important day of your church year then don't go to the match. Go your church to be with your Jesus on the Cross. Don't impose your religious beliefs on the football club otherwise will have to acconmodate every other religious beliefs!

This is the point, in my opinion. If it's unimportant enough that five little minutes will make a difference then it's not important at all. If it is, then don't go at all.

• England are playing Germany on the Saturday. We should demand that our Good Friday game kicks off in the morning allowing people more time to get to Berlin.

• A lot of people get irate about England games being played on the same day as Football League matches, but from the above don't they just tell us to like it or lump it? Who really cares about the Football League anyway, a few thousand sad people who have been kidding themselves all these years?