Skip to content

Election Prediction Contest

2»

Comments

• Fair play to Ed Davey for making the tactical decision to piss about. Looks like it paid off.

And as for the SNP. ARF!!!!

• Not really. He has known for a long time that he was very unlikely to retain the Wycombe seat, especially after the boundary changes which took areas like Hazlemere and Holmer Green into the Amersham constituency.

He won't be short of job offers.

• The majority and seat numbers for Labour are pretty much 1997 numbers. The Tories have suffered more this time around and I imagine if the Lib Dems and Reform can retain support, it will make it hard to remove Labour from power for some time.

As such Kier, get to work on the big stuff. Social care reform, public health, affordable housing. You may have enough time in power to effect some real change.

• Of course he won’t. The dark money of Tufton Street will have his back.

• If the exit poll is correct, this is how the table would look

• Bloody Lib Dems letting me down again…

• Only two seats declared but they might have underestimated the turnout for Reform.

• Two seats left to be declared. It looks like Reform may have won a seat in Essex and SNP in Scotland.

IF that is indeed the case, the results will be. (I'll update if anything changes that affects outcome)

Mooneyman was closest on Labour - only one away -impressive.Otter was only three away

Counting Sheep was closest to predicting the enjoyable collapse in Tory support - 3 seats away scoring nine points

Bargepole was only one seat out on the impressive Lib Dem total of 71 - 6 points

But Chris was only one out on the grossly unfair but nonetheless enjoyably poor Reform total. Consistently close on other parties, Chris takes the overall win beating Mooneyman into second and Otter into third.

CAVEAT

There is a VAP check underway on the Basildon result and hence the overall outcome. This may take a while. If it turns out that Lab have beaten reform, the winner will change.....

• How did our collective average do @DevC?

I suspect it was fairly erm ... average.