Skip to content

Poor Friendlies

2»

Comments

• Would it really be possible for one member of staff to get as far as arranging a friendly without consulting anyone else, including the manager?
    I find it incredibly hard to believe that Gaz would have had no input into the decision over who his team would be playing in pre-season. And as an ex-womble, would he have been happy with a friendly against the franchise being mooted? I don't know what his stance on them is.

• @blueh_w Why is it "deplorable"? What difference would it make?

• @drcongo I get the impression @blueh_w has no idea what the word 'deplorable' means. Now a friendly against Franchise, that definitely would be deplorable.

• edited June 2015

@Keith_Allens_Wig My sources tell me another, nearer championship club was the opposition for the 'glamour' friendly before this was cancelled at short notice. You are right about the great embarrassment and humiliation that would have been heaped upon the club had we entered into non-competitive game against Franchise.

• Reading or Brentford then?

• what a load of rubbish, Id rather play a decent side whoever they are ... do u think 5 people protesting on here would stop us playing MK Dons ? I don't think so. deluded is the word

• @blueh_w Yes and it was many more than 5 and the protest was not on here. Great decision all round.

• @blueh_w You're a funny guy. Some cultures might even call you blessed.