Skip to content

Forino Leaves

2»

Comments

• Unfortunately glass, despite Rico’s considerable abilities as a defender he has the tendency to also think that he’s some kind of Maldini and can just walk the ball out regularly just stopping with his foot on the ball which really agitates the fans. He’s the orchestrator of the slowly slowly side to side walking football which also agitates fans, especially when we’re chasing a goal. Being captain just makes it worse because he never fires the team up or encourages during games. For the last few months he’s been carrying a calf injury and just hasn’t been the same player directly giving two goals away at the Reebok in the second leg against Barnsley when we were cruising at 3-0. He was also the least effective player at Wembley in the final and now many want him out. Not me though because when he’s fit and on his game there’s no better but to be fair to him he was never fit enough to play in those games and I put that firmly down to Evatt, including the walking football which should have been stopped. I don’t think recent performances would put buyers off though because fitness is temporary and I’m sure once he is he’ll get in any L1 team and most in the Championship but he just needs to accept that he’s a defender and concentrate on that. 😁

• Cheers, appreciate the elucidation. It feels like he’s being made a scapegoat, he’s one of the classiest centre-backs I’ve seen at this level in recent years, but perhaps this perspective comes from being at a distance.

I’m struck by just how hard defeat has hit your club and was wondering how you feel the new season will go for you. Ours stung like a motherfucker and I think we’re still dealing with the consequences now two years later. It feels like Ian Evatt is on a hiding to nothing yet you look like the strongest team in League One (at the time of writing).

• Hello fellow posters,

Happy Euro 2024 to everyone!

So of the Centre Backs we have on the books, who plays on the left, who plays on the right?

Can some of our Super Galacticos play either side? I should know these things...

Mr. Hartridge plays on the left i.e. do we already have Forino's replacement, believe phrase to be, "in the building?"

Can't imagine this is a shock to Blooms and his outstanding team and I am sure they will have made plans for months.

Three matches yippee!

Always best part, the hope before the reality.

• Suspect at the moment the 2 first choice CBs will be Low & Hartridge

• https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/24390153.lowdown-bolton-wanderers-new-signing-chris-forino/

So Chris Forino declined two invitations to appear on Love Island.

Not a lot of people know that!

• Wow, that's madness.

He could have sacked football off and become an "influencer" and done the circuit of appearing on twaddly programs and opened fetes and stuff for thousands a pop!

• I think you probably had more changes after missing out than we likely will glass so since we’ll be adding to an already pretty strong squad I’m hoping we won’t be too affected. Of course we need to see if any players are leaving, including possibly Santos with signing Forino, but I hope not. Missing out last year was certainly a blow. By February we were sitting pretty one point behind Pompey and 3 games in hand and ahead of Derby with two in hand and with both of them to play. We all know now that we basically threw the automatics away but the Wembley fiasco really hit hard so it will be a test of our players attitude rather than ability but I expect us to be ok. Lots are saying L1 will be harder next year but I’m not sure about that. There are a good many clubs who could challenge including yourselves so rather than harder I see it being more open. The points total needed for promotion has been unusually high in the last couple of years but with more similarly matched teams in there taking points off each other I’m expecting the target to be a little lower this season. Anyway, let’s hope we’re the top two and a double Wanderers promotion is on the cards? 😉

• Great club and great fans, I really hope you get promotion. 👍

• Cheers 1990 but without this becoming a love fest 😁 I seriously hope we both do and there’s no reason why we both can’t. 🤷‍♂️

• The vast majority of players we've signed in the last decade have come on frees so can't be too surprised when someone from our side walks out at the end of their contract, shame he's going but most likely they are offering a fair bit more and he thinks they're a better bet to climb or showcase him.

Possible that similar to the Gape/Thompson decision last year that he doesn't see Taff and Forino as worth massive deals but as above it you want rotation against different types of opposition then 30 games isn't bad.

Hope he can put his injuries behind him and does well. He served us well for what must have been relatively little total outlay.